Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think give more information about what drives the decisions and be totally open. As spokes people from the who and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine contradict with what the gov are doing. It is lose lose though.
I thought the press conference today with the Chief Scientific Officer and the Chief Medical Officer was good at explaining why they’re making the decisions they are 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
thank you. I’ve not got Sky so I’ll pop BBC news on

oh wait I Can get it on freeview haha rejoice
Have you tried bbc hd on 101- I can’t get normal bbc but I can get that!!

I thought the press conference today with the Chief Scientific Officer and the Chief Medical Officer was good at explaining why they’re making the decisions they are 🤷🏻‍♀️
Me too

Yel

It wasn't awful, but still felt like they were holding a lot back. They say they're driven by science, feels more like economics.

What people want to hear is that the gov will fund everyone self isolating, and that will never happen

Reactions: 3
I'm shocked to hear posters saying that kids have returned from Italy and aren't self isolating ☹ if my child returned from Italy I'd bloody well isolate them to protect the vulnerable around us if anything.

Reactions: 10
I'm shocked to hear posters saying that kids have returned from Italy and aren't self isolating ☹ if my child returned from Italy I'd bloody well isolate them to protect the vulnerable around us if anything.
Sometimes you've got to decide yourself, not wait for the govt to tell you. A friend of ours returned from China in January and chose to self isolate for 2 weeks.

Reactions: 7
I can’t believe the increases in Italy today - over 2000 new cases and 100 new deaths. I don’t see how there can be any difference in how it will spread here?

Not silly at all. I get like this and was really worried last week but my husband is forever telling me we can’t spend our lives worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. I know it’s happening to others but I’m trying to stay positive and do the best I can to protect my family and the elderly by washing my hands, using tissues etc. Also trying to be as healthy as possible, fruit, veg, water, to keep my body in the best shape. That’s all we can do at the moment. Also stop reading the news and switch the TV over, maybe check in once a day so you know what’s happening but don’t read the stories which make it all sound so scary. I’m not saying it is or isn’t but reading them doesn’t help ❤
Thank you so much. Great advice,

I just worry as I have some health issues and my husband has asthma.

I was told oncem if you worry before something’s even happened and then it does happen, you’ve suffered twice. That’s so very true,

The lady I spoke to about it has a daughter who wasn’t one of those on the trip (she wouldn’t have sent her). But is in the same school as the group and now will not be sending her to school once the group returns. I’m thankful to her for this as our youngest are in the same class at a different school. It’s scary how quick a link can be made through people you know. If I were to get it, so be it. But when it involves my child... Mother lion instincts come out!!

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe the increases in Italy today - over 2000 new cases and 100 new deaths. I don’t see how there can be any difference in how it will spread here?
its not the same country so theres lots of reasons why it might not, difference in lifestyle, ages etc if you think that way then you can’t really explain Germany‘s numbers you know? You can’t compare 2 countries at all.

I feel like I’ve gained much more from reading this thread than from the media... where no one seems to be able to make a decision and you have conflicting advice.

Reactions: 8
its not the same country so theres lots of reasons why it might not, difference in lifestyle, ages etc if you think that way then you can’t really explain Germany‘s numbers you know? You can’t compare 2 countries at all.
As I said earlier, the reason Italy has a high number is they have a high percentage of elderly people. They have said you cannot compare us and Italy.

Reactions: 4
Where do you find the map that pinpoints where the cases are? I've looked back on this thread and can't find it

Yel

The Chinese numbers rose similarly, I expect France and Germany will have similar figures by next week. The virus just has to hit an area with an older demographic and the mortalities sadly with rise dramatically a few weeks later.

The worrying thing is 4000 in Italy are hospitalised and 780 in intensive care (well Nigel F said this on LBC just now, so you'd hope it's actually true). Sounds like the Italian health service is so stretched and no sign of peaking yet.

My child returned from Italy 16 days ago.
80 miles away at that time from any knows cases.
The travel company reassured the school.
The school told every parent they expected those children to return.
So they all did all 40 of them including 4 teachers.
They start week 3 now here as had 1 week off for half term .
None of them have fallen sick.
1 was tested but negative
My child appears fit and well .
Fines for married couple are 120 per parent so 240 per week .
She's senior school gcses so don't want her to miss school unnecessarily.
There's been 1 case only nearish us.
School are following government advice.

Had email from primary warning any families who gifted Italy half term to let them know.
My primary age kids dident they went to wakes no confirmed cases at that time.
A lot has changed the last few weeks.

Th
Which would be 2 weeks before the easter holidays start, so not unreasonable to think they may possibly, in the worst affected areas, close some of the schools.
My childs teacher this morning told me they have been given advice from PHE on the steps to take and when to take them. They've increased handwashing, installed extra soap dispensers and the cleaners are doing more thorough daily cleans. She said she couldnt divulge what else was going on behind the scenes but there was nothing to worry about.
Last week we were given log in details to several online learning facilities too, we were told this is for 'homework' but i wonder if this is what they are planning on using should the school have to close.
That's really good. My girls school haven't even upped handwashing/antibac gel. My eldests class are more prepared for an earthquake than this! We live in Devon, I'm not sure why they have practiced an earthquake alarm?! 🤷‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 1
Like others have said we can’t compare two countries. China -highly highly populated and live so close together.
Italy has high number of elderly

Ireland cancelled St Patrick’s day.......

about fecking time.
cead mile failte......well except, you’re not now 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.