Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I canโ€™t imagine when they will have all those people in football stadiums ๐Ÿ˜ฌ so weird to think!
It will be behind closed doors ! but I still don't see how it will work because the crowd bring the revenue, and the safety aspect being a big hurdle..but they're in talks so?????

Reactions: 1
Companies are acting with greed just wanting to get back ASAP. Even if lockdown is lifted next week that doesnโ€™t mean stuff is boom back to normal it will be so gradual and only minor changes at first. I personally think lockdown will be extended again till the end of May then restrictions may begin to lift, sounds like from boris speech and daily briefings we havenโ€™t met any tests yet to lift the lockdown and theyโ€™re still unsure of whether a second peak could happen. Does everyone else think itโ€™s going to be extended?
I'm hoping it's going to be extended. I want this over as much as the next person but it feels way too early to ease any of the restrictions given that we're only just going past the peak. Think we need a good few weeks of lower infection and death rates before it can even be considered

Reactions: 4
Correct me if I am wrong but there seems to have been very few reports of deaths of non care key workers such as those working in supermarkets etc..I suppose vulnerable key workers will be shielding so that's thankfully why we arent hearing reports of many affected by covid.

It will be behind closed doors ! but I still don't see how it will work because the crowd bring the revenue, and the safety aspect being a big hurdle..but they're in talks so?????
The clubs make a lot from the tv deals, in fact if they don't finish the season they stand to owe millions to the tv companies which will cause some clubs to go bust.

Whilst i agree it's not the end of the world, i know for some people, particularly some men, not having football has probably had quite an adverse effect on their mental health, i spose it's something to look forward to every week.

Not sure how the players will social distance during matches but i think there will be rigorous testing for players and staff funded by their clubs as a precursor to matches taking place.

Reactions: 8
The clubs make a lot from the tv deals, in fact if they don't finish the season they stand to owe millions to the tv companies which will cause some clubs to go bust.

Whilst i agree it's not the end of the world, i know for some people, particularly some men, not having football has probably had quite an adverse effect on their mental health, i spose it's something to look forward to wvery week.

Not sure how the players will social distance during matches but i think there will be rigorous testing for players and staff funded by their clubs as a precursor to matches taking place.
Could they play match then all be forced self quarantine 2 weeks away from their families so if they do catch it it doesn't spread.

Reactions: 2

Whilst i agree it's not the end of the world, i know for some people, particularly some men, not having football has probably had quite an adverse effect on their mental health, i spose it's something to look forward to every week.

Even behind closed doors, apparently they still need up to 300 people to make it run smoothly๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Cameramen, doctors etc

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...here-how-many-people-would-have-to-be-present

Could they play match then all be forced self quarantine 2 weeks away from their families so if they do catch it it doesn't spread.
That's interesting and possible but not what I've heard (i only know the other bits from my very football oriented husband ๐Ÿ˜†)

I'm thinking more Champions league ,European matches don't know how they'll get round that ...Testing or not the tests are only 70% accurate will be interesting how they overcome it !

Even behind closed doors, ardently apparently they still need up to 300 people to make it run smoothly๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Cameramen, doctors etc
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...here-how-many-people-would-have-to-be-present
Yeah it's a lot but given how big the stadiums are per square metre or something the social distancing is probably possible for other staff (relative to how easy it is to distance in supermarkets etc).

Just what I've been told, i think it will be up to the individual players if they want to take the risk but the testing will probs be very rigorous, they won't want players or staff getting it even if only for the awful press they'll get

I'm thinking more Champions league ,European matches don't know how they'll get round that ...Testing or not the tests are only 70% accurate will be interesting how they overcome it !
Yeah im talking purely premier league... i dont think theyll be able to finish champions or europa

Interested to know if you could pick one type of thing to open up right now (and you could guarantee it was safe!) What would you pick?

I'm assuming most would pick schools... i would probably pick restaurants though. Longing for the taste of a meal i haven't had to cook ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was just looking at a Sky News article online and they have said the following.

โ€œFor lockdown measures to be relieved, the government has said:
  • It needs to see the number of coronavirus deaths falling;
  • The NHS must be able to cope;
  • The rate of infection must come down;
  • There needs to be enough supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) and COVID-19 tests;
  • It must be confident lifting lockdown measures won't result in a second peak.โ€
Looking at this, I only feel confident that the first bullet point has been met. I donโ€™t think personally that we will be out of lockdown before the start of June at the earliest.

Reactions: 11
Interested to know if you could pick one type of thing to open up right now (and you could guarantee it was safe!) What would you pick?

I'm assuming most would pick schools... i would probably pick restaurants though. Longing for the taste of a meal i haven't had to cook ๐Ÿ˜‚
We've been getting takeout. We remove the food from packaging, throw packaging in outside bin, wash our hands good and heat the food in the oven.

I would open hair salons as my roots are awful, lol.

And Bath and Bodyworks and Homesense would have curbside pickup as I am low on candles ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I donโ€™t have children so that informs my decision somewhat! Other than having the ability to see my parents and go round their house, I would love to go out for dinner or a Sunday Roast!

Reactions: 6
If this actually happens I for on will no longer follow lockdown rules. It's not fair it needs cancelling even their flaming Dr wants it cancelled Boris needs to step up.

Reactions: 7
I can't wait to not have to play hokey cokey when you meet someone out on your walk, guessing whether they're going to move over or you are๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

I just want to be able to take the kids to the park(can take our own dettol wipes. ๐Ÿ˜†)Or go to the beach or a walk in local nature reserve. Anywhere out with our village !

My kids would say McDonalds ๐Ÿคฃ

Reactions: 13

Us normal people are also losing out on lots of money from lack of wages and or business. My husband is self employed and is losing lots of money.

Reactions: 9
If this actually happens I for on will no longer follow lockdown rules. It's not fair it needs cancelling even their flaming Dr wants it cancelled Boris needs to step up.
Money,Money,Money !

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.