Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've seen plenty of footage of covid patients from across the world though?
Is it really appropriate to broadcast someone all but in a coma and on a ventilator? The patient can't consent to that first of all, and what exactly do we gain from it?
I've never seen a patient on a ventilator on TikTok? I'm sure staff would be disciplined if that were the case...

Reactions: 5
In a strange way do you hope you’ve had it....then moving forward hopefully you are immune? Knowing one way or another will definitely be better for your head space. Have a good rest tonight
Yes, I do hope so. I think if I don’t have it already, I will keep wondering if I do every time I get sick. I know they’re saying people can be reinfected but at least I would know what sort of thing to look out for a second time round.

Reactions: 4
Hi yes thanjs - it’s because he got a wage end of March but that paid for April bills and food so stuck this month. Hopefully the figure will change next month then, I didn’t know it could. Thank you x

Bobbleowl, there’s a great website www.turn2us where you put in your financial info and it tells you what benefits you can apply for to help you! x

Reactions: 3
Just to let you all know - since we’re all such HUGE fans of him around here - there’s a Trump filter available on snapchat now.

• Haha
I’ve ordered a home test. I have had a cough and I’m going to work next week so I’m checking just in case. Will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: 6
I’ve ordered a home test. I have had a cough and I’m going to work next week so I’m checking just in case. Will let you know how it goes.
What’s your gut feeling Sven? How does home test differ, do you know? Is it instant result? sorry for all of the questions 😊

What a day. We had the irregtation people coming by to turn the sprinklers back on as the weather is warmer. I decided to go and check the mail as they arrived. My husband went outside to talk to them, when he came back in, he put our dog into the room he sleeps in so he wouldn't bother the worker. After the worker goes down to the basement, my husband realised our dog had peed on the hardwood right by where the worker was going downstairs. 🤬. He had been out one hour before and had done a huge pee and two poops. So I then go to take our dog out and he had also peed in his bed after my husband had put him there 🤬. When I take him out, he does another huge poop... Well that explains why he peed inside. So then we wipe it up with vinegar and enzyme spray and ask the worker if he noticed stepping in something wet as our dog had an accident and the stairs he walked down are nice carpet, he said no. Husband had to rush into a conference call, I had to throw the dogs bed in the wash and then give the dog a bath.
Husband is still in the meeting and I'm so angry from the whole thing. We've trained our dog to ring a bell when he needs out and he is almost 3 🤬🤬. Now I've got to mop the whole floor too as we don't know where he walked around 🤢🤬

According to their graph the only countries they're not sure includes care home deaths are USA and Spain.
Canada is including care home deaths.

• Haha
I've never seen a patient on a ventilator on TikTok? I'm sure staff would be disciplined if that were the case...
Have you seen the amount of ppe we have to wear, bending down to empty a catheter bag is a struggle, no frigging way I could dance.
We don’t have mobile phones on the unit, and no one is allowed in without full ppe

What’s your gut feeling Sven? How does home test differ, do you know? Is it instant result? sorry for all of the questions 😊
And how accurate.

Reactions: 7
Well. When I came home from Bali the day before lockdown, I got very ill the day we locked down. Temperature 39+, aching, shaking, swollen throat, headache. This cough came on after I had recovered from that. I’ve no idea if I’ve had it, but if it was going to be anything, it’s that. BUT it could have just been a horrible cold from being on a plane! I just want to make sure I haven’t got it right now before I go to work in a school where other people and kids are. I have to organise a courier to pick it up to take it back. I think it takes a couple of days but not sure.
I’m sad it can’t tell me if I’ve *had* it actually because that would be useful to know. But it’s only the swab test for these ones.

Reactions: 6
Wow. All the restaurants here are closed for dine in but most are offering takeaway, curbside pick up, delivery or drivethru. Starbucks is even doing drivethru I think.
My daughter used to work there and her boyfriend is a manager, he is worried about distancing in the kitchen when they open up again.

Reactions: 1
Well. When I came home from Bali the day before lockdown, I got very ill the day we locked down. Temperature 39+, aching, shaking, swollen throat, headache. This cough came on after I had recovered from that. I’ve no idea if I’ve had it, but if it was going to be anything, it’s that. BUT it could have just been a horrible cold from being on a plane! I just want to make sure I haven’t got it right now before I go to work in a school where other people and kids are. I have to organise a courier to pick it up to take it back. I think it takes a couple of days but not sure.
I’m sad it can’t tell me if I’ve *had* it actually because that would be useful to know. But it’s only the swab test for these ones.
Interesting. Sounds like you may well have/have had it. I’m very interested too see how you and Buzzbee get on. I wonder if you currently test positive , you have to re test before you go back to work (?) I’m just thinking out loud. I hope,you are feeling better

Reactions: 3
Mr Fauci, speaking at the White House, said: "The data shows Remdesivir has a clear-cut, significant, positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery."
This proves "that a drug can block this virus." Mr Fauci said a smaller Chinese study released separately showing no benefits from Remdesivir was "not an adequate study."

that’s promising.... 🙂

Reactions: 5
When will Dentist’s reopen?!
It has not been confirmed. I had a check up appointment booked for 18th May, I had an email to say my dentist was only carrying out emergency dental care. I have been re booked for mid July. I think dentists will be over run after this and if you don’t have one currently I think it will be harder than ever to get one.

Sorry it was a meeting in work with our chief medical officer. Not public.
my best friends sisters dog was at that meeting!!!

no offence but bring me receipts or you’re a LIAR FROM THE PIT OF HELL 😂🤣

jokes 😬

Just to let you all know - since we’re all such HUGE fans of him around here - there’s a Trump filter available on snapchat now.
the only thing more annoying that trump is Snapchat.... can’t believe that’s still a thing 😂
didn’t 12 year olds and the Jenner/Kardashian’s move on from Snapchat.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
my best friends sisters dog was at that meeting!!!

no offence but bring me receipts or you’re a LIAR FROM THE PIT OF HELL 😂🤣

jokes 😬

the only thing more annoying that trump is Snapchat.... can’t believe that’s still a thing 😂
didn’t 12 year olds and the Jenner/Kardashian’s move on from Snapchat.
I only have Snapchat for my kids, don’t think I’ve ever actually used it for its intended purpose except to keep them amused making faces so I get peace for 5 😂

Reactions: 2
Had a Chinese takeaway tonight for the first time in 7 weeks! Was lovely but, Jesus Christ, I've got awful indigestion!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.