Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This virus is horrid but i find it strange that when there is an epidemic going off somewhere in the world, cameras are there showing the patients/victims while being treated, doctors nurses working etc yet i have not seen any of that type of coverage over than the odd nurse /doctor talking in their PPE or hospital staff dancing n singing on the likes of youtube and the likes (not a kill joy u shiuld have fun at work). Is it jus me or other peeps on same page as I?

Reactions: 5
This virus is horrid but i find it strange that when there is an epidemic going off somewhere in the world, cameras are there showing the patients/victims while being treated, doctors nurses working etc yet i have not seen any of that type of coverage over than the odd nurse /doctor talking in their PPE or hospital staff dancing n singing on the likes of youtube and the likes (not a kill joy u shiuld have fun at work). Is it jus me or other peeps on same page as I?
I don't get what you are getting at sorry

Reactions: 4
It's getting worse a Japanese Island has declared a state of emergency ,after being hit by a second wave that has seen cases soar within the week..
Actually thought you meant Japan had been hit by some sort of tsunami or something until I reread it again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Losing the plot. 🙈😂

Are you getting at some sort of conspiracy or something? Not sure I quite get what you mean? If you on the conspiracy route you're on the wrong thread lovely.

pessimistic witch alert but there really will be no way out of this until there’s a vaccine,
it‘s a hard pill to swallow but I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere close to “normal” this year.

it’s gonna be a long summer.
And my dear husband thinks we will be off to Spain at the end of July based on Spains lockdown release....

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Actually feel quite positive today. I was dreading the care home numbers and they are not as high as i had thought. The total daily deaths today was also lower than i expected with it being all settings.

And we are doing more tests than ever but this is by no means the highest positive tests. The ramping up of the testing effort seems to be going well too.

are you thinking what I’m thinking....

one big marketing campaign for TikTok!? 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Actually thought you meant Japan had been hit by some sort of tsunami or something until I reread it again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Losing the plot. 🙈😂

Are you getting at some sort of conspiracy or something? Not sure I quite get what you mean? If you on the conspiracy route you're on the wrong thread lovely.
If only it was a tsunami ! instead of a virus tsunami !

We've seen plenty of footage of covid patients from across the world though?
Is it really appropriate to broadcast someone all but in a coma and on a ventilator? The patient can't consent to that first of all, and what exactly do we gain from it?

No conspiracy here love, just saying what i have noticed and if anyone thinks the same thats all.

Yeah, I do feel a bit better about it. I feel that I’ve taken the right steps and now all I need to do is wait and continue to self-isolate. If my results come back negative and I’m feeling well enough then I’ll be able to go back to work, and if not, then at least I’ll know for sure. Thank you x
How far up the nose and did it hurt? You are so brave!!

How far up the nose and did it hurt? You are so brave!!
Surprisingly not that far! I had visions of them trying to poke around up there checking for a brain but it was probably just a little further than a finger could reach. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, I do feel a bit better about it. I feel that I’ve taken the right steps and now all I need to do is wait and continue to self-isolate. If my results come back negative and I’m feeling well enough then I’ll be able to go back to work, and if not, then at least I’ll know for sure. Thank you x
In a strange way do you hope you’ve had it....then moving forward hopefully you are immune? Knowing one way or another will definitely be better for your head space. Have a good rest tonight

No conspiracy here love, just saying what i have noticed and if anyone thinks the same thats all.
Hospitals have confidentiality clauses so therefore no filming can be done without consent (difficult to get when someone is vented and sedated). I've seen plenty of interviews from other covid patients in hospitals. Tik toks are a minute or so long, they usually get done at the beginning or end of shifts. Believe me hospitals are still busy. There really are covid patients in hospitals and staff really are busy.

Reactions: 7
So... (bare with)

Want to get some perspective on this because I'm slightly confused and worrying.

My eldest was born with a hole in his heart, he's 3 now, and has never needed any treatment asides from 8 weeks of nicu when he was born.
He has scans every year to check it and its repairing itself as he gets older.
He wasn't on the vulnerable list at all for COVID, we've had to take no special precautions, although naturally I'm always more concerned with him getting ill.
Today, I had a phonecall from his consultant, stating he now needs to shield as extremely vulnerable due to this new, and I quote, 'mutated strain of COVID ffecting childrens respritory systems'.
He was VERY vague on the call and couldn't answer most of my questions because the information isnt available.
Surely, if this is now a concern, he should have been classed as high risk from the beginning?
Got myself into a right bloody panic about it now 🤦🏻‍♀️
Hey 👋 did you find out any more? I’m struggling to get info about it for my little one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.