Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got home from having the test done. It wasnā€™t nearly as traumatic as I was expecting, my nose did feel quite ticklish afterwards though. Now Iā€™m back in my pjs and crawling into bed. They said I should hear back within 48 hours with results but could be within 5 days at most depending how busy they are. There were a lot of people being tested. I waited an hour in the line.

Reactions: 12
Does anyone think that mentioning the increase in Germany & a possible 2nd lockdown there is their way of prepping us for another extension?
100%

Iā€™m fully expecting another 3 weeks of lockdown to be announced next week.

Reactions: 5
I just donā€™t see how we can live this way - the country will go bankrupt and everybody will be skint. If that happens then I can see more people dying from depression and poverty than the virus.
but unfortunately a pandemic doesnā€™t listen to ā€œbut...but....butā€
šŸ™

Reactions: 11
There will obviously be significant measures in place until a vaccine, but it won't be like it is right now and I think it will be closer to normal than lockdown on the scale.

Reactions: 13
Just got home from having the test done. It wasnā€™t nearly as traumatic as I was expecting, my nose did feel quite ticklish afterwards though. Now Iā€™m back in my pjs and crawling into bed. They said I should hear back within 48 hours with results but could be within 5 days at most depending how busy they are. There were a lot of people being tested. I waited an hour in the line.
Glad youā€™ve been, do you feel more at ease now itā€™s done? Hope you are feeling better soon

Reactions: 4
There will obviously be significant measures in place until a vaccine, but it won't be like it is right now and I think it will be closer to normal than lockdown on the scale.
No, we canā€™t stay in any kind of full lockdown for 12 + months,
but the little things that mean so much to everyone,
going on holidays, getting married, throwing a party,

it will be a long time before things like this freely happen, and thatā€™s hard to accept.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
pessimistic witch alert but there really will be no way out of this until thereā€™s a vaccine,
itā€˜s a hard pill to swallow but I donā€™t think weā€™re going to get anywhere close to ā€œnormalā€ this year.

itā€™s gonna be a long summer.
I'm very pessimistic and more so by the day ! I can't believe we're going to have to live like the Chinese in order to survive all that temp checks and PPE ..I can't get my head round it šŸ˜‘

I don't I think It'll more the Chinese way of doing things especially as all these new illnesses are rearing their ugly head..

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I should r

I should rephrase. Many countries have done better than us. Some have done a very good job, like New Zealand. There is no excuse for our failures.
I was wondering what do New Zealand do now ? Do they just not let anyone in from the rest of the world ? And for how long ?

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m on week 4 of being furloughed now and starting to really struggle. Work has always been very important for me, having severe depression and anxiety going to work gives me routine and purpose, and without that I really do find it hard (as do lots of others). I feel like Iā€™ve been doing pretty good for the first three weeks, had lots of jobs around the house I wanted to do, was going for regular walks and all in all coping okay. But the end of week 3/ so far in week 4 I feel Iā€™ve totally lost momentum and will to live.

I donā€™t want to get out of bed, donā€™t want to go for walks, donā€™t want to do any of my hobbies. Just generally feel a bit awful. If anyone could think of any suggestions of things that are keeping you occupied I would be really grateful. I canā€™t even concentrate for long on TV anymore so thatā€™s not really helpingšŸ˜”

• Sad
Reactions: 9
We were told today by our chief medical officer that international travel will probably restart in July and there is very little evidence that covid spreads on airplanes. He expects normal life to resume by September

Reactions: 6
Glad youā€™ve been, do you feel more at ease now itā€™s done? Hope you are feeling better soon
Yeah, I do feel a bit better about it. I feel that Iā€™ve taken the right steps and now all I need to do is wait and continue to self-isolate. If my results come back negative and Iā€™m feeling well enough then Iā€™ll be able to go back to work, and if not, then at least Iā€™ll know for sure. Thank you x

Anyone whoā€™s bought the chris witty appreciation mugs - how long did they take to arrive after dispatch? Excitedly awaiting my sister in laws surprise reaction - sheā€™s a matron - got her a Jenny harries mug - we love Jenny!

Reactions: 3
It's getting worse a Japanese Island has declared a state of emergency ,after being hit by a second wave that has seen cases soar within the week..

• Sad
I was wondering what do New Zealand do now ? Do they just not let anyone in from the rest of the world ? And for how long ?
Will be interesting to see. I donā€™t think they will be scared to say no ones coming in! We are such different beasts though, there is no comparison with us and Australia as we are so much more squished together. I am interested in how the countries like us will fair. I was feeling a bit more positive but I have to admit Iā€™m now not so sure. Itā€™s a head duck for sure.

Reactions: 5
An awful lot of my friends seem to think that after the 7th May they'll be able to go see some family members. I honestly can't see this happening at all. Still having high death rates and I don't think anything should be relaxed yet

No, we canā€™t stay in any kind of full lockdown for 12 + months,
but the little things that mean so much to everyone,
going on holidays, getting married, throwing a party,

it will be a long time before things like this freely happen, and thatā€™s hard to accept.
I agree i have two very good friends getting married this year and they have already put their wedding on hold and by the sounds of things they won't be getting married at all this year. I feel so bad for them. I am tired of being in lockdown and I really wish the government would ask the media to stop speculating on every damn thing, as I keep seeing things like pubs and schools opening and think ohh we are in track to normailty of some sort and then the briefing comes and kicks me right in gut again. I am tired of the endless circles of information just tell is what are supposed to to, they are bound to have a plan and yes not everyone will like it but at least we will know what to do. Grr.. rant over.

Anyone whoā€™s bought the chris witty appreciation mugs - how long did they take to arrive after dispatch? Excitedly awaiting my sister in laws surprise reaction - sheā€™s a matron - got her a Jenny harries mug - we love Jenny!

Mine was dispatched over a week ago but not received it yet.

Reactions: 2
We were told today by our chief medical officer that international travel will probably restart in July and there is very little evidence that covid spreads on airplanes. He expects normal life to resume by September
Whereā€™s this?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.