Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your essentials might be different to someone elses, as long as their adhering to the social distances rules set out by the government and supermarkets guidelines i don't think its anyones business what people are buying
This is it, my husband had an incident at work where someone didn’t think someone else should be buying vodka. Who right is it to say what people should be buying, it’s up to that individual to ensure it’s essential and they are putting themselves and others at the least risk.

Reactions: 4
Honey we are in a paramedic. If someone has gone in for one thing that isn’t essential and is risking infecting others for it, it is selfish
But the whole point is who is to say they went for one thing anyway? The list of stuff you can’t get anymore is as long as your arm!

Reactions: 12
I think its better to pop to the local shop for one or two things then go to the big supermarket. I've seen quite a few people nipping to the corner shop. I do one big weekly shop and if I run out of something I go to the local shop and you nosey buggers don't like it TOUGH!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just been to my local co op as needed bread and milk. Also managed to get flour so felt like I won a watch.🏅

Got in the que and felt really annoyed. Lady in front bought only a share bag of Revels, man behind me bought a can of diet coke and a single flake ice cream and the man behind him came out with only a bottle of white wine.

I felt like they were all putting not only my self at risk out for stupid things but also the poor bloody staff. If I was them I would have been so angry !
I did my bit for my MIL yesterday and went to supermarket for them. Started ok, chicken, potatoes but halfway down the list I felt like a bit of a patsy (are frozen raspberries essential?) But when I got to the donuts and bleeping ice cream cornets I was raging. I’d stood in a queue masked and gloved up, battling my own anxieties because they fancied something sweet!

Reactions: 4
Try as I might, I cannot fathom how to only go to the shops once a week. My kids normally get dinner/tea at school and Nanny’s. I feel like I’m on a treadmill of food, cooking, snacks and washing. Everyone is eating everything quickly and that’s despite me trying to ration. I nearly started divorce proceedings over a tin of beans the other night. Sometimes I need to go to the shop every other day to pick something up I’ve run out of or I’ve forgotten. I try to think I’m pretty organised too 🤪x

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There are people on social media showing off alcohol saying it was worth it. There are people on this thread. Obviously that I agree with and I’m not policing people if that wasn’t your intention. If it is your intention then that is being selfish
Oh no I wouldnt go to the local for alcohol too expensive. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So I watched that last night here in Canada, and my god, it was so depressing. They could have sung happier songs. We already know how grim it it, I think it should have been uplifting.
Yeah. My sentiments exactly. Shouldn’t have watched it really. I prefer the ostrich approach

I’m saying people who do and those who have said they’ve gone out for wine and chocolate. If they are doing that then go to a smaller local shop and if they are grabbing it with other things then they can? I never said they could never get it?

Yes I said that in a another thread however going out for chocolate and wine isn’t essential even to maybe infect themselves and others
People will shop with what's available to them though. We aren't allowed to travel far. As long as they are maintaining social distancing I can't see myself snooping someone's basket and being angry. I went for cat food today they had none and I left with crisps 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I can't see the big deal if people are keeping the social distancing ..Are we to sit all week afraid to go out for milk or bread don't forget the kids are at home all day too ,and everyone is going through food quicker..I don't even look what people have in their basket tbh..
So strange to be looking in other peoples baskets and trolleys 😂 do people actually do this? I’m too just trying to memorise my shopping xx

Reactions: 10
Nothing about watching Sheryl Crow in her massive home studio would make me feel we’re all in this together 😑

Reactions: 5
Something is in the flippin water tonight jeez

let’s not jump on each other for each other’s behaviours. if one of us deems it ok to do that let’s just assume that they’ve made the best decision based on their current situation.
it’s so ridiculous to be calling each other out when none of us know the full story.

to some people cleaning tablets or a bottle of alcohol might not be essential but am I gonna sit and call Someone out over the internet for it? No, because their decision is up to them and I’m not gonna make them feel bad about something when we are in a pandemic and everything is pretty damn tit.

Reactions: 13
Can't believe how many people have sent me this traffic light system that the papers printed today and are actually taking it as gospel. The majority of my friend list are now planning for life as usual after the 15th May!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
On the going shopping for only a few items thing - you need to think of people who don't have much money. My friend doesn't have as much money as me she's on universal credit and so am I but I get more money than her because of not being about to work due to my health. So with the money she gets she struggles a lot but would usually and goes to her grans or dad's for dinner alot but since she can't do that she get's what she can but often runs out of food as she doesn't have much money left for it once she's paid bills etc. So every so often when she needs I transfer her a fiver just so she can get herself a couple bits so some people might not people not have the money for a big shop all the time. Some do need to budget their money better, but people struggle with that or try their best but it's still difficult for them xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.