Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before I go kicking up a fuss I'm just wanting clarity ... family from different households are not allowed to go for a walk together ??

Twice I caught said person with her mum down town and today walking past my house with sister and there kids
I went on a walk with my young daughter and her Dad just so he could see her but stayed two metres apart. Have since decided to let her stay at his as much as it worries me I don't know how I could keep them apart any longer she was missing him so much 😥

Reactions: 10
Have I missed something? Pubs aren’t allowed to open, regardless of social distancing... why is a pub open.

If anything it’s got quieter near me. More shops have closed including our post office this week. Local cafes are offering more and more delivery.

Have I missed something? Pubs aren’t allowed to open, regardless of social distancing... why is a pub open.

If anything it’s got quieter near me. More shops have closed including our post office this week. Local cafes are offering more and more delivery.
Someone said the pub where they are is open with one person in the pub and a limited number in the beer garden

• Wow
Reactions: 2
People choose to be ignorant I think.
I’ve been to my nans today, she’s got a walkthrough from the front garden to back so I never went in the house. Sat at the bottom of the garden whilst they sat at the top, had a chat for an hour or so. Really lifted their spirits! We did it on the way to get some milk from the shop. My son slept in his pushchair the whole time (thank the Lord😂)

when we went for a walk yesterday I saw a couple lift a newborn baby our their car, into a relatives house being kissed and cuddled on the way in.

It’s so stupid. as far as I’m concerned we’re supposed to be on lockdown, and only going out for exercise or to get food. people take the piss til it hits closer to yoke.
Did you really just complain about people bending the rules and how they should only be going out for food or exercise while also admitting you went to visit your nan for an hour?
Exactly, people do chose to be ignorant. Case in point you making an excuse to visit someone for an hour because you also bought milk. If you are going to get annoyed at other people taking the piss then start at your own behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
there's no room in primary classroom for 15 kids to sit 2 m apart!!! I work in one!!! And some ks2 classes have 34/ 35 kids... I think we 've even got one with 37

Reactions: 6
Did you really just complain about people bending the rules and how they should only be going out for food or exercise while also admitting you went to visit your nan for an hour?
She kept her distance she didn't go in she said !....Your aloud to see to vulnerable people ,maybe her nan lives alone ..

there's no room in primary classroom for 15 kids to sit 2 m apart!!! I work in one!!! And some ks2 classes have 34/ 35 kids... I think we 've even got one with 37
This. Social distancing will not work in any school no matter what you try. Schools just don’t have the space and come break time it will all go out the window anyway.

Reactions: 9
Anyone who works in education will appreciate that any concept of social distancing in a school is quite hilarious. Even if you had 100 kids in, not the full 1000 (average secondary school) it’s a logistical nightmare to keep them apart, quite apart from the fact that KIDS DON’T bleeping LISTEN 🤪

Unpopular opinion but these bloody old folk doing unnecessary charity challenges is just kind of annoying and attention seeking. I’m sure they’re lovely people but I dunno....it does nothing for me...I’m like stay at home and 🤫

We all fund the NHS anyway, and where are all these extra millions going to? The government wasted 16mil on antibody tests that don’t work, so you can be fairly sure that the 20 mil approx raised by that old bloke Tom will similarly go into a black hole.

When they started doing interviews on him I said to my husband...jeez he’ll be doing a charity single next....but I was JOKING 🤪 And then low and behold. I know I sound miserable; I’m not I swear, I just can’t bear the orchestrated media circus surrounding it- it just feels patronising and trite.

On a cheerier note ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Exactly, people do chose to be ignorant. Case in point you making an excuse to visit someone for an hour because you also bought milk. If you are going to get annoyed at other people taking the piss then start at your own behaviour.
whoa whoa whoa hold on.

I was not ignorant. Ok yes I said only for fork an exercise but there is nothing wrong with safely seeing vulnerable people.

I did not make an excuse to visit my grandparents, there is nothing wrong with seeing vulnerable people if you are able to keep your distance, which I did, thank you very much. I even went during my sons nap so he couldn’t be tempted to run up to them. I’ve not seen them in over a month, they cheered up when they saw me and the fact I’ve helped both of our mental health by seeing them is worth any kind of ‘backlash’

I did my daily exercise and bought food when I left my house. there is nothing on the gov website to say you must spend an hour outside. I agree it’s recommended, because it limits any exposure to being around OTHER people. The fact I was in a private garden AT THE BOTTOM for an hour is almost the same as me being at home because I wasn’t around anyone and I kept my distance. I would NEVER compromise my family thank you

I was making my point at a family who had a tiny newborn going into a house they clearly hadn’t been in for a long time. Not only are they risking their families health but to risk a tiny newborn!? There are many mothers on this thread who have just had babies would not even think about doing that and sadly that means their poor babies miss meeting important family members but it’s not worth the risk.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Anyone who works in education will appreciate that any concept of social distancing in a school is quite hilarious. Even if you had 100 kids in, not the full 1000 (average secondary school) it’s a logistical nightmare to keep them apart, quite apart from the fact that KIDS DON’T bleeping LISTEN 🤪

Unpopular opinion but these bloody old folk doing unnecessary charity challenges is just kind of annoying and attention seeking. I’m sure they’re lovely people but I dunno....it does nothing for me...I’m like stay at home and 🤫

We all fund the NHS anyway, and where are all these extra millions going to? The government wasted 16mil on antibody tests that don’t work, so you can be fairly sure that the 20 mil approx raised by that old bloke Tom will similarly go into a black hole.

When they started doing interviews on him I said to my husband...jeez he’ll be doing a charity single next....but I was JOKING 🤪 And then low and behold. I know I sound miserable; I’m not I swear, I just can’t bear the orchestrated media circus surrounding it- it just feels patronising and trite.
Well I agree with some of it tbh ! but I don't think he's attention seeking at all .Old people are a " different generation" not only in age ,but in attitude ..I'd say he genuinely thinks he's helping out.. Their not afraid of "a days work " and getting their" hands dirty" infact it's hard to get them to take it easy sometimes .It'll be the "Celebs" that'll be jumping on his bandwagon not the other way about .I think it was very good of him to take time out of his day to do something like that ,not like the fuckin clowns in Westminster that left us in the tit in the first place, and are now hiding behind a 90 yr old man in the hope it'll soften the blow for them.So I say well done to him he gets my (y) up anyway !

• Heart
My hairdresser is opening on a one person in at a time basis and her doing the hair, she's started a list and is doing two customers a day.

The nearest gym has opened and has removed the machines to leave one of each spaced 2 metres apart and you have to anti bac each station before and after you use it and wear a mask

The pub is open. Not selling anything from the taps but everything else and is one customer in the pub at any one time and the rest in the beer garden, one household per table

I'm back at work

And its busy out today, no sign of lockdown round here 🤷‍♀️

I'd like to say this has shocked me but unfortunately, it just highlights even more how people choose to bend the rules or immediately look for a way to get round them.

Why can't we just listen?

I would be reporting all of them.

Just been to my local co op as needed bread and milk. Also managed to get flour so felt like I won a watch.🏅

Got in the que and felt really annoyed. Lady in front bought only a share bag of Revels, man behind me bought a can of diet coke and a single flake ice cream and the man behind him came out with only a bottle of white wine.

I felt like they were all putting not only my self at risk out for stupid things but also the poor bloody staff. If I was them I would have been so angry !

• Haha
Watching the bbc concert... one world- together at home... He might have a point, wake me up when September ends 🙄😭 I want my life back 🙏🏼

• Haha
Just been to my local co op as needed bread and milk. Also managed to get flour so felt like I won a watch.🏅

Got in the que and felt really annoyed. Lady in front bought only a share bag of Revels, man behind me bought a can of diet coke and a single flake ice cream and the man behind him came out with only a bottle of white wine.

I felt like they were all putting not only my self at risk out for stupid things but also the poor bloody staff. If I was them I would have been so angry !
To be fair I went for cat food they had none so left with a multipack of crisps, so if anyone seen me in the que I bet they felt the same.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Am I the only one who finds this horrendously depressing rather than cheery. Why have we got our elderly hauling themselves around various parts of their houses/gardens to raise money for something that should be fully funded anyway.
I gotta say I’m like pp it doesn’t really do much for me. Obviously the amount the other old dude has raised is fantastic and the gesture is lovely but It shouldn’t be down to us to sort out nhs funding issues, we all already contribute via national insurance, it should be down to the government to sort it out.

I just hope this trend of raising money for the nhs is short lived and the government don’t see it as an excuse to keep underfunding.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.