Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a few who work for all nhs & none of them are sticking to the rules. Visiting friends, family bbqs, kids sleepovers. Im disappointed in them all. One of them got arsey with me because I wouldn’t let her kids come round to play in the paddling pool. She also works in a&e so is assessing suspected Covid cases. Obviously this doesn’t stand for the whole of the nhs staff. Just a small stupid minority.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
On the going shopping for only a few items thing - you need to think of people who don't have much money. My friend doesn't have as much money as me she's on universal credit and so am I but I get more money than her because of not being about to work due to my health. So with the money she gets she struggles a lot but would usually and goes to her grans or dad's for dinner alot but since she can't do that she get's what she can but often runs out of food as she doesn't have much money left for it once she's paid bills etc. So every so often when she needs I transfer her a fiver just so she can get herself a couple bits so some people might not people not have the money for a big shop all the time. Some do need to budget their money better, but people struggle with that or try their best but it's still difficult for them xx
Exactly, or a car, it’s pretty difficult to stick to only once a week if you have to carry everything home by hand. Plenty of families shop this way and if you can’t understand why it isn’t possible for some people to only go once a week then that is privilege speaking.

Reactions: 13
It's nearly Trump O' Clock 🍫 🍷😎
I never said you have to swap dairy milk for a carrot? Yo6 al

No because I said if that was your intention and said if they didn’t have what you had that’s fair enough. Please reread my thing before commenting again I’m getting tired of seeing Barb pop up in my notifications to argue with me on something I’m agreeing with and I’m talking about intentions but please continue to waste both your time and mine

Sorry for my last reply I deleted it once I realised I didn’t know what you meant but for some reason it went on that reply. My apologises
Hey no worries argue all you like ! if we all conformed to the same opinion what a :poop: world we'd be living in ...Oh! wait ..♥🤝

Reactions: 1
I know a few who work for all nhs & none of them are sticking to the rules. Visiting friends, family bbqs, kids sleepovers. Im disappointed in them all. One of them got arsey with me because I wouldn’t let her kids come round to play in the paddling pool. She also works in a&e so is assessing suspected Covid cases. Obviously this doesn’t stand for the whole of the nhs staff. Just a small stupid minority.
Wow. Why would someone who is actually seeing the effects of covid and potentially coming into contact with it not then follow the rules?! I would think it would make you just want to go straight home after work and not leave again until you have to go back?

Reactions: 8
Ok I'm sorry I feel like I dropped a bomb and ran.

I was in a post leaving the house weird feeling mood after washing my hands (several times) and changing into PJ's when I posted.

(In my defence it is our small local co op and it's a small shop with one server so I couldn't help notice the lady in front (who also coughed 3 times and freaked me out 😬) put up her bag of revels and nothing else.) Then in the car park right outside the door I was sanitising my hands when the other two walked out with only the mentioned items right past my car.)

Ok so trump. I call chilled out Prozac Trump tonight since it's Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
On the going shopping for only a few items thing - you need to think of people who don't have much money. My friend doesn't have as much money as me she's on universal credit and so am I but I get more money than her because of not being about to work due to my health. So with the money she gets she struggles a lot but would usually and goes to her grans or dad's for dinner alot but since she can't do that she get's what she can but often runs out of food as she doesn't have much money left for it once she's paid bills etc. So every so often when she needs I transfer her a fiver just so she can get herself a couple bits so some people might not people not have the money for a big shop all the time. Some do need to budget their money better, but people struggle with that or try their best but it's still difficult for them xx
everyone should have a friend like you ❤

Reactions: 5
Some people are ridiculous!

My Nan is 85 and lives alone. There's a "family friend" who has been round multiple times to do jobs for her around the house (we don't like him and think he's after her money). I spoke to her on the phone and she said when he was last there he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he was leaving. He actually said "oh I don't care about all of this"!
no wonder your angry ..how dare he put your Nan at risk like that !
if shes anything like my mum whos on her own she probably glad of the company ! but he should know better.
Is there someone who could have a word with him and highlight the risk he is putting her under ?

The amount of NHS workers walking around in their uniforms in public when they have been told not to is really starting to get on my tits.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
everyone should have a friend like you ❤
Awh thanks bless you, it's just what you should do if you can help someone then do I don't have a lot myself so can't always give her a lot but I know she would do the same for my if it was the other way around. ❤ also i love your username 😂 xx

The amount of NHS workers walking around in their uniforms in public when they have been told not to is really starting to get on my tits.
There are nhs jobs out that require uniforms in public such as paramedics and district nurses
Not all of them have the Luxury of wearing their home clothing to work and getting changed as there is no changing facilities

You sound like a great friend x

There are nhs jobs out that require uniforms in public such as paramedics and district nurses
Not all of them have the Luxury of wearing their home clothing to work and getting changed as there is no changing facilities
Unfortunately I am talking about my own colleagues

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve only just come on here.
Nobody warned me it was crazy hour on this thread! 😲
*tiptoes quietly out of the thread... 🤫
no, you know what, there is no need to tiptoe anywhere, or engage with it at ALL.

hit report and ignore, it saves us all wading through 348 posts of complete and utter rubbish 🙂

cake is a bleeping essential and if you disagree I’ll eat you.
the end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Have I missed something? Pubs aren’t allowed to open, regardless of social distancing... why is a pub open.

If anything it’s got quieter near me. More shops have closed including our post office this week. Local cafes are offering more and more delivery.
Hairdressers and gyms are not supposed to be open either but then someone replied to my post saying it wasn't a problem.

The only shops closed by me are charity ones, everyone else is open (supermarkets, corner shop, bakers, card shop, pub, gym)

Kids are using the playpark too and social distancing isn't being observed.

My road is busy but it never actually got quiet and I've never had a sense of being on lockdown round here. Buses are running, driving lessons are still happening, people meeting up etc. It feels like I had 3 weeks off work for holiday and now I'm back.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.