Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been to my local co op as needed bread and milk. Also managed to get flour so felt like I won a watch.🏅

Got in the que and felt really annoyed. Lady in front bought only a share bag of Revels, man behind me bought a can of diet coke and a single flake ice cream and the man behind him came out with only a bottle of white wine.

I felt like they were all putting not only my self at risk out for stupid things but also the poor bloody staff. If I was them I would have been so angry !
Chocolate, ice cream and wine are DEFINITELY essential right now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wouldn’t worry I think we are all just trying our best to get by 😩
this exactly. I feel like everyone is getting a bit fraught now. I honestly think as long as we each do our bit to social distance, go out for essentials (and essentials are privy to each person) and what is essential to your mental health and perhaps, the mental health of others - if we can help lift those who need it and stay as safe as possible it’s all we can do to muddle on through 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Reactions: 8
Chocolate, ice cream and wine are DEFINITELY essential right now 🤣
I agree they are and I bought all of them in my weekly shop and they are keeping us sane ! But I think it's so unfair to go out only for them. Think ahead and get them with your shopping !

I debated so much if I should go just for bread and milk but we had eaten every last slice of bread including both ends and milk almost done so breakfast and lunch tomorrow would have been fraught for the kids if we didn't have them.

I just feel bad for the poor staff who could have probably come into contact with at least half the people they did today.

I have been trying not to judge people as we are all just trying to get by. I think I felt upset as I had debated going out so much before hand !

Sorry I didn't mean to turn into Judgey Mcjudge pants and I will admit I also bought 2 reduced lindt chocolate bunnies (for me and hubby) and some superzings to bribe my kids with. So maybe the staff were pissed at me as well !
To be fair I went for cat food they had none so left with a multipack of crisps, so if anyone seen me in the que I bet they felt the same.
I never thought about this ! I shall give one of rh the benefit of the doubt that they needed something else 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Watching the bbc concert... one world- together at home... He might have a point, wake me up when September ends 🙄😭 I want my life back 🙏🏼
So I watched that last night here in Canada, and my god, it was so depressing. They could have sung happier songs. We already know how grim it it, I think it should have been uplifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Was waiting in Morrison’s today and heard a conversation between someone in line and another person who worked for the nhs who came in there to get one cake and that was it. If they can see how bad it is first hand why would they risk going in for some cake and not get it in there weekly shopping

Reactions: 1
To be fair I went for cat food they had none so left with a multipack of crisps, so if anyone seen me in the que I bet they felt the same.
I can't see the big deal if people are keeping the social distancing ..Are we to sit all week afraid to go out for milk or bread don't forget the kids are at home all day too ,and everyone is going through food quicker..I don't even look what people have in their basket tbh..

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't see the big deal if people are keeping the social distancing ..Are we to sit all week afraid to go out for milk or bread don't forget the kids are at home all day too ,and everyone is going through food quicker..I don't even look what people have in their basket tbh..
I think milk and bread is different to chocolate and wine

Reactions: 2
Same, I don't really mind what people are buying from the shop, life's tit right now without getting our backs up about it

Reactions: 18
Someone said the pub where they are is open with one person in the pub and a limited number in the beer garden
Yeah I saw that which is why I felt I was missing something, what I’m saying is they are not allowed to open. The restrictions on pubs have not been lifted regardless of social distancing therefore this pub should not be open.

Reactions: 4
This 👍 I am buying more on the weekly shop but still running out of things quicker, I don’t have the space to store anymore than I’m buying so we are having to go out and pick bits up in between (and I don’t have kids, only me and husband). I really don’t like going to shops at the moment so I’m not doing it for fun! And I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Reactions: 17
Exactly this!! Everyone is so concerned about what everyone else around them is doing so they can jump on them ( not literally, 2 metre rules and all). Just go to the shops when you need to and buy what the hell you like!!

Reactions: 15
Was waiting in Morrison’s today and heard a conversation between someone in line and another person who worked for the nhs who came in there to get one cake and that was it. If they can see how bad it is first hand why would they risk going in for some cake and not get it in there weekly shopping
I went to the shop just for alcohol and chocolate yesterday :censored:. Though I did buy some milk and loo roll incase any nosy neighbours were judging my purchases. I didn’t buy these things in my weekly shop as I had decided to try and be more healthy, but then after a horrendous week in work I changed my mind.

Reactions: 14
All this policing other people’s shopping sounds exhausting! Get a life everyone, mind your own business and focus on yourself.
You are only going for milk which is apparently okay because it’s essential (to you) but you’re getting yourself all worked up because someone just bought an ice cream. Guess what, someone else thinks your pint of milk is just as frivolous.

You are all making this way more miserable than it needs to be. I had to nip to the shop the other day just for laundry tablets, they didn’t have any so I just brought home some biscuits. Should I have left with nothing since they didn’t have the essential I went for? Or do I need to do a whole food shop I don’t need just to justify the biscuits even though that isn’t why I went?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Everyone’s view of what is acceptable is different, this is the governments fault for not making things clear and making ‘loop’ holes.

I could have gone an sat in my mums garden for her 60th this week. But I see being in a garden as the same as being in the house, regardless of distance. My bestie has been to her mums house numerous times and her mum is a nurse! I have to bite tongue constantly.

Unless the government are more specific people are always going to disagree if buying one item is essential etc.

Reactions: 6
Exactly this!! Everyone is so concerned about what everyone else around them is doing so they can jump on them ( not literally, 2 metre rules and all). Just go to the shops when you need to and buy what the hell you like!!
Oh I do ! but this is to go on for yrs might as well practice ..some people think this is going to end in a few weeks I don't think so !! as long as your behaving responsibly and sticking to whatever rules the shop enforce 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Everyone’s view of what is acceptable is different, this is the governments fault for not making things clear and making ‘loop’ holes.

I could have gone an sat in my mums garden for her 60th this week. But I see being in a garden as the same as being in the house, regardless of distance. My bestie has been to her mums house numerous times and her mum is a nurse! I have to bite tongue constantly.

Unless the government are more specific people are always going to disagree if buying one item is essential etc.
I agree with this. I feel like boris should of just said lockdown instead of Tiptoeing around it because some people still don’t believe we’re in lockdown. It is hard to be like this is essential and this isn’t but I think at this time we need to think is this thing essential it’s worth the risk which is down to the person themselves

Reactions: 3
Surely to God Boris is well enough to record another 2 minute update. Very strange that he did that long record last week straight out of hospital then silence. I’m not expecting him to be working full time but cmon

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.