Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of our elderly residents has been taken to hospital and tested positive for Covid. My colleagues and I had suspected it in the days leading up to the admission. He’s in a bad way, I will be surprised if we ever see him again, poor man. Now we’re all potentially at risk of having it and are being told to reuse PPE which we’re running out of. I just feel so drained by it all, feels like living in a nightmare. 😞
Sorry to hear that about the old man:( It's a disgrace that they expect staff to carry on with no PPE would they put themselves at risk like that .I see the PPE is the stuff from Turkey and they've said it's only enough for 3 days anyway what then ? Their not saying what the hold up is either and from what I gather that PPE was sitting packed and ready to go last week ,so it's strange it's still not arrived .It is a nightmare for you all alright :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Before I go kicking up a fuss I'm just wanting clarity ... family from different households are not allowed to go for a walk together ??

Twice I caught said person with her mum down town and today walking past my house with sister and there kids

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I just went to my local park and apart from the play area being empty & basketball court being taped off you wouldn’t think there was any kind of lockdown. There was a family sitting by the stream, one family flying a kite, and another looked like they were having a picnic around a table. Plus more people passing through than I’ve seen in my life.

Im not judging these people, haven’t got the energy for that today. But if people are barely listening to the rules now, they are definitely not going to take it seriously if lockdown gets lifted and then enforced again later on. I’m not saying we should be on lockdown indefinitely, don’t know what the solution is really to be honest.
They've said social distancing will carry on for years so this could be as good as it gets ..people will be able to go about their business but keep the recommended distance apart (although how they'll get round family and school situations idk )

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Don't jump on me here, I'm not a conspiracy nut but I was unnerved today watching BBC News a few minutes ago. A young girl (probably 18/19) was on talking about her dad who she lost to CV at Easter and she appeared to be totally unfazed and smiling whilst parroting the message about staying in. I know grief is different for everyone but this isn't the first time I've seen this with relatives just days or weeks into the grieving process appearing on telly appearing quite upbeat. I lost my dad in my 30s and it completely floored me - God only knows what it would have done to me in my teens. Have I been in lockdown too long or does anyone else get what I'm saying?
I understand what you are saying. My Dad dying absolutely broke me, to the point I had a breakdown and had to take a year off work. I finally understand what people mean when they say their heart aches or someone dies of a broken heart.

It's weird because you had Shannon Matthews Mom absolutely distraught and broken when her child went missing and it turns out she faked it, then you've got Maddie McCanns parents who barely bat an eyelid and wash Maddies bear that she slept with the day after the night she went*🤷‍♀️

*I think they know a lot more than they are letting on 🤫

Not really sure what your trying to get at? That these people are pretending to have lost someone and it’s all a big lie?

That all seems a bit far fetched. Mid June and we’re pretty much back to normal with sports stadiums etc reopening? I doubt that very much. I’ve seen people saying concerts etc will be autumn NEXT YEAR
We should have been at the Theatre last night. Its been moved to May next year. I've got another Theatre trip due May, then August then December. I've got a concert IN September, November and December, a holiday end of July, a weekend away August and a weekend away November. Nothing else has been cancelled as yet.

Reactions: 2
They physically can't keep the lock down in place for that long at this level. People will just stop following it and that's when there will be riots and stuff starting.
It would also completly destroy the economy.

I'm a sensible person and I've been following the rules so far but even my patience and goodwill will be tested as this goes on. If it get to June/July with no changes then I am going to see my Mum. I can imagine others will be the same by that point.
I'm quite positive that it won't get to that point (mainly because I have to be for my own sanity) and the restrictions will start to be relaxed in stages sooner rather than later.
I was more talking about those who are shielding as I'm reading that they could be asked to shield until a vaccination is found which could be a year away. I can't stay inside for a year!

Reactions: 3
Saw this on Facebook today :rolleyes:

View attachment 112543
What a ridiculous post. I've seen this on Facebook. Someone had commented on there that their brand new Mercedes is on the drive because her husband worked the night shift at the hospital.

My Husband has one of those cars and it's on the drive because hew ent and did his job and came home again before 9am, like does most days and like he did pre corona

Reactions: 7
My mum just rang for our daily chat and she said her next door neighbour has her daughter and newborn baby over and are all sat in the back garden!

• Angry
  • Wow
I see some truth in that tbh some small businesses are opening up here this week again and going by all the medical officers they're still plenty of "head room" yet in the ICU units. so maybe they are considering getting the wheels moving again all be it slowly ,the economy is already crippled how much longer could they let it go on for ..
My hairdresser is opening on a one person in at a time basis and her doing the hair, she's started a list and is doing two customers a day.

The nearest gym has opened and has removed the machines to leave one of each spaced 2 metres apart and you have to anti bac each station before and after you use it and wear a mask

The pub is open. Not selling anything from the taps but everything else and is one customer in the pub at any one time and the rest in the beer garden, one household per table

I'm back at work

And its busy out today, no sign of lockdown round here 🤷‍♀️

My mum just rang for our daily chat and she said her next door neighbour has her daughter and newborn baby over and are all sat in the back garden!
I'd like to say this has shocked me but unfortunately, it just highlights even more how people choose to bend the rules or immediately look for a way to get round them.

Why can't we just listen?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I'd like to say this has shocked me but unfortunately, it just highlights even more how people choose to bend the rules or immediately look for a way to get round them.

Someone I work with who is an NHS worker had her mum, dad, brother and his girlfriend round last weekend for the brother and girlfriends baby gender reveal party.

She put pictures on Facebook of them sat in couples at different corners of the garden and kept going on about their socially distanced gender reveal party.

I really thought she would know better, just because they were all 2m+ apart doesn't mean it's OK to make unnecessary journeys and come round to her house!

They could have done it over zoom or something!

The woman opposite me lives alone, and three teenage girls have just gone in the house, each one giving her a hug and a kiss on their way in🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
She put pictures on Facebook of them sat in couples at different corners of the garden and kept going on about their socially distanced gender reveal party.

I really thought she would know better, just because they were all 2m+ apart doesn't mean it's OK to make unnecessary journeys and come round to her house!
I know a few people who have done similar and my worry is always if they are using glasses from the hosts house and touching them back and forth it is still potentially spreading the virus!

Went on a walk to drop off things at my aunties house (didn't go inside) and on my walk there I proceeded to get catcalled by a man in his car who not only wouldn't leave me alone but also decided it would be fun to follow me whilst he was in his car and try to get me to go into his car - and laughed when I said I didn't think that would make sense for social distancing

Not to mention on that same walk the few shops near my aunties house had lines of people milling around outside them not even 6ft away from each other

I'm wondering if at this point I'm the lunatic for staying inside

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I know a few people who have done similar and my worry is always if they are using glasses from the hosts house and touching them back and forth it is still potentially spreading the virus!
And you don't know how much the pictures reflect the truth or was that just for show to say "look we're all 2m apart"

Reactions: 4
I have a niece who was born in November...my heart is aching not seeing her but staying away is the responsible thing to do.
When I hear things like this I just despair of people.

The woman opposite me lives alone, and three teenage girls have just gone in the house, each one giving her a hug and a kiss on their way in🙄
Some people are ridiculous!

My Nan is 85 and lives alone. There's a "family friend" who has been round multiple times to do jobs for her around the house (we don't like him and think he's after her money). I spoke to her on the phone and she said when he was last there he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he was leaving. He actually said "oh I don't care about all of this"!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
People choose to be ignorant I think.
I’ve been to my nans today, she’s got a walkthrough from the front garden to back so I never went in the house. Sat at the bottom of the garden whilst they sat at the top, had a chat for an hour or so. Really lifted their spirits! We did it on the way to get some milk from the shop. My son slept in his pushchair the whole time (thank the Lord😂)

when we went for a walk yesterday I saw a couple lift a newborn baby our their car, into a relatives house being kissed and cuddled on the way in.

It’s so stupid. as far as I’m concerned we’re supposed to be on lockdown, and only going out for exercise or to get food. people take the piss til it hits closer to yoke.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My hairdresser is opening on a one person in at a time basis and her doing the hair, she's started a list and is doing two customers a day.

The nearest gym has opened and has removed the machines to leave one of each spaced 2 metres apart and you have to anti bac each station before and after you use it and wear a mask

The pub is open. Not selling anything from the taps but everything else and is one customer in the pub at any one time and the rest in the beer garden, one household per table

I'm back at work

And its busy out today, no sign of lockdown round here 🤷‍♀️

Yes well things are picking up round here again too.You have to look at it from all roads business people have families and businesses to support ,and I'm sure they want to get up and running again ASAP.I don't see a problem with it as long as their doing it in a responsible way and not taking unnecessary risks with staff etc .But we've still a lot to learn yet going forward and you have to start somewhere ...But I wouldn't fancy being the only one in the pub 😅

Anything different in today's update ? I missed it...

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.