Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm doing this too. Wiping down all shopping items with a cloth and zoflora type disinfectant spray... Washing hands often especially before eating. Wiping door handles and switches with th same zoflora disinfectant spray. Opening mail and putting it in the bin and washing hands... Or leaving it for a few days before opening...
Also disinfecting keys/phone/door handles once we've been out for our weekly shop. It may be a bit OTT but I don't really care but it's better than getting Covid.
We are doing the same. Zoflora type sorry. Wiping door handles twice a day, wiping down any parcels, washing hands after handling letters. We do frequent hand washing but I’ve reduced that a bit as I caused contact dermatitis and needed an antibiotic cream as my arms got a skin infection.

We’re all at home, not going out other than husband and children walk the dogs or a quick walk. We're doing online shopiping as I have health issues and my husband has asthma, we’ve always done online shopping anyway. It’s just so time consuming isn’t it wiping every item down. It took my husband 3 hours last time and his back was in pieces.

I was thinking I might brave salad on my next grocery shop, surely if you leave the salad a couple of days any germs on it die anyway. Then you wash it before eating it too,

I have been bleaching my food shop. Any parcels get left in the porch for 4 days.

It’s that awkward thing of touching the letter, opening the letter, throwing the envelope, washing my hands, reading the letter, washing my hands, moving the letter, washing my hands. It goes on and on. Argh.

I did think about the fact of killing off all germs can’t be any good for our immune system. Luckily my kids are mingers, so there’s no escaping everyday germs.
Good idea to leave any parcels for a couple of days before opening. I may start doing that. My kids are always impatient if it’s something they’ve ordered. Hubby has been wiping everything down we receive.

Reactions: 2
really good info thankyou.

what’s the advice around young children wearing masks????? How do you get them to do it?

Also, with some shops opening - are you able to see family yet??
Children up until the age of 6 are exempt from wearing the mask.

Nope, we still can only see one person who is not part of our household and have to keep a distance. So unless you live with family, no family gatherings, which is something people criticize. You may go shopping for wallpaper but not visit family and friends.

I think they’ll probably lift that in May and you may be allowed to see a few more people but who knows.

oh, also Octoberfest is cancelled and at the same time, football games will resume (without anyone in the stadiums). That decision is also being criticized quite a bit.

Reactions: 3
I’m bored. I’m bored of the rona,
I’m bored of the daily updates,
I’m bored of people knowing best,
I’m bored of Twitter experts,
I’m bored of Facebook experts,
I'm bored of curtain twitching neighbours,
I'm bored of judgemental shoppers,
I'm bored of virtue signalling,
I’m bored of people breaking rules,
I'm bored of rules,
I’m bored of toilet rolls,
I’m bored of feeling guilty for buying stuff,
I’m bored of second guessing everything I do, or say.... or touch,
I’m bored of looking at people like they’re “dangerous“ because they’re too near,
I’m bored of people looking at me like I’m dangerous because I’m to near,
I'm bored of my routine,
I’m scared when my routine changes,
I'm bored of complaining about tit I can’t change,
I’m bored of being bleeping bored.

But I’m FINE thanks for asking.
😂 🤣😂🤣😂 totally fine. FINE!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Just me or is there nothing much on tv these days? I’m so bored of scrolling through Netflix endlessly only to click back off. 😒 they need to be putting some good stuff on especially now!

Reactions: 7
I'm bored of rules,
I’m bored of looking at people like they’re “dangerous“ because they’re too near,
I'm bored of my routine,

I can sympathise with this 😏

Children up until the age of 6 are exempt from wearing the mask.

Nope, we still can only see one person who is not part of our household and have to keep a distance. So unless you live with family, no family gatherings, which is something people criticize. You may go shopping for wallpaper but not visit family and friends.

I think they’ll probably lift that in May and you may be allowed to see a few more people but who knows.

oh, also Octoberfest is cancelled and at the same time, football games will resume (without anyone in the stadiums). That decision is also being criticized quite a bit.
Yes that’s what’s difficult isn’t it- when youu can do other things with strangers but not cuddle your own mum! Also makes things difficult when people rely on parents for child care - meaning they still won’t be able to return to work!

My kids never seem to stop eating! Although I feel like I’m the same, working from home and snacking continuously. We are spending double what our weekly shop would normally be
Highly recommend starting a basic tuck-shop. Purchase snacks, pop in diff tuppaware boxes with priced stickers. We have the following - crisps 30p, mini choc bars 25p-fruit winders 20p- mini-raisins 10p -small box haribo 20p (I buy a £1 bag and split it into really small ex-sauce boxes from our local takeaway so it divides into 4 portions!).

The kids have a small basket each and get to 'spend' £1 a day. Once it's gone it's gone! Works a bloomin treat 😍

I know I sound like a smug bastard- honestly,I'd never give you homeschooling advice (!), but as a family I can say that food is our thing. I knew I had to take some kind of control or we'd end up killing each other over the last hobknob!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
How are they planning on cutting hair from 6ft away? A pair of these? 😂

Seagulls are bastards. They've been sitting on the rooftops around here going mad for days. I think they're pissed at the lack of chips down on the seafront 😂
We got a warning out on the local radio about the seagulls might get nasty because they are hungry for the fast food! It's like they are having to go cold turkey... Poor things. 😂

• Haha
We got a warning out on the local radio about the seagulls might get nasty because they are hungry for the fast food! It's like they are having to go cold turkey... Poor things. 😂
Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh but it's about time that the bloody things remembered how to fish. They're savage around here.

• Haha
I still don't think that the . GOV website has nearly enough advice. I don't anti-bac. I sterilize with dilute bleach, as has been advised previously. Obviously hand washing is vital but sadly this virus is proven to survive on surfaces for a worrying amount of time. Personally, and I stress again that this is just my own preference, I prefer to sanitize anything that comes in from outside whilst also washing my hands, obvs.

(I even have a big bottle of D10 solution that I use if I think something is extra germy 😷)
I read on the gov website that there was no need to clean packaging https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...or-consumers-on-coronavirus-covid-19-and-food

Reactions: 6
I'm bored of rules,
I'm bored of my routine,

So, how are you REALLY feeling?!

• Haha
So, how are you REALLY feeling?!
I mean, I don’t like to complain... 😕

this is so true, I’m expecting to see one queuing outside Tesco with a bag for life and a coupon soon,
they‘re vicious little fucks who don‘t social distance

any sign of Boris yet!?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My hairdresser has also just said that her return to the salon will be “very soon” and she’s sorting her appointment schedule.
I follow a salon and they keep rearranging their appointments.. apparently they have 100s (longlox.. local to me but they have an up iplayer tv show) but instead of just cancelling and saying book after we know what’s going on they keep messing around changing appointments over and over again.

Reactions: 1
Thank you, I've read the site. I like to take the advice of a government that delayed lockdown and dithered over an initial herd immunity plan with a pinch of salt though 😉 Some of the Australian advice is interesting. I've got plenty of time on my hands for both scrubbing and reading at the moment.
Yeah fair enough I just thought you meant we werent getting enough advice compared to other countries. I heard they are now reviewing the use of masks after saying there was no need to wear them. Its confusing.

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh but it's about time that the bloody things remembered how to fish. They're savage around here.
Yes I know, perhaps this will reverse a bit of the damage humans have done and nature will learn to fend for them selves again! 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.