Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so desperate to buy a nintendo switch to cope with this lockdown but they’re sold out absolutely everywhere!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Well as much as I love cake I’m in the 7 th week of low carb diet. Down 21lbs as of this morning 11lbs to go to target. And yes I’ve done low carb before and kept it iff for 7 years. Had bad family drama last year and piled it on. Feel great and it’s something to achieve in this madness
Well Done, that’s amazing! I admit to having a COVID food baby going on at the moment.

I’m so desperate to buy a nintendo switch to cope with this lockdown but they’re sold out absolutely everywhere!!!
Try Very. SIL kept checking every day as they do come in and out of stock very quickly. (She paid in full, you don’t have to get a credit account) Good Luck

Here in Canada, there was a mass shooting over the weekend in Nova Scotia. 16 people dead. The man had a fake police car and dressed up as an officer, pulling people over and then shot them. It is absolutely horrific. The poor victim's families won't even be able to have proper funerals.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Here in Canada, there was a mass shooting over the weekend in Nova Scotia. 16 people dead. The man had a fake police car and dressed up as an officer, pulling people over and then shot them. It is absolutely horrific. The poor victim's families won't even be able to have proper funerals.
oh gosh that’s horrible. those poor families, and victims. I did read the other day one of the positive side effects in the US was shooting have gone down tremendously

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Just listening to the NI briefing their very happy with the numbers .....Over the past 20 weeks predicted death toll was 14,000 it was in fact 1,500 but we have to keep the measures going...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure why they show us the transport graph every day ? How does that help really ? (It was interesting the first time)

Reactions: 6
Also the graph of deaths she said the line of all deaths takes longer to complie so has a shorter run but it was the hospital only line that's stopped earlier ?

Reactions: 1
I've phoned the council this morning re the hairdressers and the pub.

I'm sorry you don't believe me. I can assure you that I haven't made anything up. These are things which are happening in my immediate area. I've already shared some photos and screenshots from Facebook, however when I go to the shop at the end of the week, I'm more than happy to take se more evidence by way of photos for you?
Where are you?

The figures for the past two days are making me nervous. Obviously it's amazing that they're dropping but I can't help but feel like it's going to shoot back up again

Reactions: 11
Someone help me out/talk me down cos I am livid.
My husband has just gone over to drop some bits of shopping at my daughters (she lives with her boyfriend and my 15 month old granddaughter) for her to say that her friend has come to stay with her for a few days (along with her 2 or 3 week old baby).
I've text her to ask what shes playing at and she said that her friend has PND and doesn't want her to think she's on her own and it's only for a few days.
My daughter herself suffers with PND and knows a few days isnt a quick fix but I'm furious at how she can be so irresponsible in this current climate.
This girls mother hasn't stepped in at all and even facetimed her while my hubs was stood at the gate so she clearly is ok with all this which fuels my anger even more.
I'm really trying not to lose my temper to the point where we end up falling out but she can't see what the problem is.

Please tell me I'm not overreacting.

• Sad
Hope this is OK to post? Try this: https://www.latestdeals.co.uk/stock-checker/nintendo-switch

My husband has just gone over to drop some bits of shopping at my daughters (she lives with her boyfriend and my 15 month old granddaughter) for her to say that her friend has come to stay with her for a few days (along with her 2 or 3 week old baby).
I've text her to ask what shes playing at and she said that her friend has PND and doesn't want her to think she's on her own and it's only for a few days.
My daughter herself suffers with PND and knows a few days isnt a quick fix but I'm furious at how she can be so irresponsible in this current climate.
This girls mother hasn't stepped in at all and even facetimed her while my hubs was stood at the gate so she clearly is ok with all this which fuels my anger even more.
I'm really trying not to lose my temper to the point where we end up falling out but she can't see what the problem is.

You're not overreacting.

On my daily walk today I was in a park area and saw lots of young kids playing together who were obviously not from the same family. They then ran over to two men who were obviously their Dads and who were just laid on the grass not 2 metres apart so obviously mixing two families and letting young kids play together. I wondered where the mothers were and if they knew their partners were being so irresponsible? Actually saw quite a lot of men today with young kids all stood around talking to one another!

Reactions: 5
I don’t see how it’s different to social distancing when you’re outside doing your exercise. You kept your distance. My husband says the cure will kill more than the virus itself, that’s just his opinion but I have heard professionals say it too. My friend spent some time with her dad social distancing in their garden on the 1st anniversary of her mums death. I’m certainly not going to judge that. Your grandparents are lucky to have you looking out for them.
I had to rush my elderly neighbour into hospital as since lockdown myself and my children who normally see her regularly hadn't been too see her and I only had been calling to get her food. Turns out she had stopped taking her meds and when they checked back in her med book it was pretty the same week lockdown had been declared, she came home on Wednesday and I have been seeing her regular since.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Not at all!

Unfortunately as I posted last night it seems these rules can be interpreted in may different ways. I know someone who’s girlfriend (works for the nhs) comes to stay each other weekend 🤦🏻‍♀️ And my neighbours daughter went out for a walk with her boyfriend today, he’s been in their house and taken her out in the car ever since lockdown. I’m fuming, they are twats anyway and I didn’t drop any lemon drizzle cake to them as I did to my other neighbours 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've just walked the dog only to have a kid about 8 years old cycle right up to me to try and be intimidating while his dad was really far away. I say 'careful you nearly ran the dog over', only for him to come back past me twice saying 'i don't care about dogs' then, i don't care about you'. Honestly shocked at how out the blue it was, clearly not being parented properly and thinks he can do what he wants, god knows what he'll turn out like.

Then just before that I was in Aldi at the checkouts, woman behind me in a mask clearly scared about the virus leans an inch away from me saying she was just checking her shopping. Bloody cheek of making sure she doesn't catch anything but never mind me. I couldn't help but say 'can you move back'. Even before all this I'm amazed at how some people don't seem to think there's a problem with invading personal space. Fuming!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

That's a tough one tbh you could say she's being irresponsible, but at the same time the girl seems as though she has no support behind her .Maybe your daughter is the only one she can reach out to and your daughter feels if she doesn't lend her support she could hurt herself or the baby .She might confide more in your daughter than her mum. But I get where your coming from too in being worried for your daughter and her family's health also..But it's done now and no matter what you say it won't change the situation ,i'd just let her know your not happy but leave it at that..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The question from the Liverpool Echo at tonights conference was interesting. Journalist pushed for an answer and Rishi had to step in.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.