Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes!! I’m deffo trying to get back to meal planning and hiding the biscuits 😂
(I say meal planning, turns out my husband is not someone who checks dates on food when he buys them 😑)

it’s easy to eat your feelings though isn’t it. adds to the safe bubble of home but I agree. Can you pop them somewhere out the way so you REALLY gotta want them to go get them? thats always my fail safe as I’m a titch so if I stick them up high I gotta risk my neck to grab em 😂
Apart from Easter eggs and about four biscuits there’s not too many more goodies. I just need some self control under lockdown!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The people that make this stuff up and spread it around like facts really wind me up. This isn’t official policy and so many people are going to think it is. I just don’t understand why people spend their time making this stuff up.
To make it worse, the small businesses are using it as a basis to open.

The hairdressers is using it and opened earlier as she meets safety guidelines

Does anyone know where did this traffic light thing appear from? I've seen people share it on my Facebook too but no link to where it came from.

Also...question for anyone...when the lock down is lifted i assume it will be done in stages like this, at what point do you think we can visit family and friends? When non essential businesses reopen or when schools open? I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing my mother in law (that has been my favourite thing about lock down) but looking forward to seeing my own parents.
I've seen it come from "my best friends husband whose works quite high in goverment office" type thing 😂

Reactions: 1
She can’t get a slot and there’s no one else. I dont mind at all. (Before anyone thinks I am being flippant about being stuck at home bored, I am really not. I work as part of an NHS support service and as we aren’t allowed in hospitals currently we are all furlowed. I would much rather be in work and I am still ringing colleagues to check how they are most days, and doing a couple of conference calls a week) Until the hospitals are ‘safe’ we won’t be allowed back so I expect to be here for a long time as we will be potentially one of the last services to reopen.
Is she on the vulnerable list?
I rang Tesco with my dad’s details, they updated their system and told him to log in after 24 hours. He did and he got a priority slot booked for this week.
If you explain the situation to them, they’ll ask if she can shop herself and if she has an online account with them.
572EDC7A-8281-41F7-85AE-FD0473CD58EB.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Is she on the vulnerable list?
I rang Tesco with my dad’s details, they updated their system and told him to log in after 24 hours. He did and he got a priority slot booked for this week.
If you explain the situation to them, they’ll ask if she can shop herself and if she has an online account with them.View attachment 113230
Thanks for this. I'm going to ring and see if I can get a slot for my Mum. 👍🏼

Reactions: 7
Quite a few events I had responded to on Facebook as “attending” have now been re-arranged for July/August - surely won’t be happening? Is this just a sneaky way for them to keep hold of people’s ticket money?

Reactions: 4
This 👍 I am buying more on the weekly shop but still running out of things quicker, I don’t have the space to store anymore than I’m buying so we are having to go out and pick bits up in between (and I don’t have kids, only me and husband). I really don’t like going to shops at the moment so I’m not doing it for fun! And I think a lot of people are in the same boat.
im trying to food shop once a week as i so don't like going to shops.
ive had to have a kindly but stern word with my pensioner mum today. she had run out of flour and brown sugar.shops had none, so i ordered from a local cake firm that are delivering. then she wanted caster sugar..i got some in my shop this week.
this morning she texts can you go shop and get milk and stork for me too before you come round. ! luckily for her i needed petrol so got it in garage.
said to her i dont mind getting anything for her but can you let me know before i shop ..we are not supposed the be hut
You could search the internet and then insert a Noseybonk avatar picture - although I may regret suggesting that because he always gave me the creeps!
I take it that’s who you got your user name from?
Anyway, that’d kill about 5 minutes! 😁

Has anyone found any Trump memes relating to his coronavirus “arousal” speech yet? :sick:
its a wonder kids the 70s/ 80s made it through tobadukthiod relatively sane ..some if the kids tv programmes were terrifying back then (TV Noseybonk gives me creeps too!😱)😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's not me saying its not working, it's everyone round where I live, and it's a bloody big city, that think lockdown is now over.

Hairdressers back open, pubs open, shops are open except charity shops, Sainsburys you can walk in in a group without waiting in line and no social distancing, protective screens at the counter have been taken down and tape removed off the floor. The gym is open, the wool shop is open and the takeaways and chip shops never closed.

Groups of people meeting up in the parks and lots of children playing on the play equipment. Driving lessons are taking place and buses are running.

And Facebook is full of people sharing ideas on how to get round lockdown, on how to go and see family (it's OK as long as you don't go in the house and just chat a couple of steps back from the door) people are saying if anyone quesorns what you are doing to just reply that you have a mental health condition and they can't tell you what to do.

It's like living in another world. I work 3 miles from home. If I leave at 7am in the sumer hols, it takes me 5 minutes to get to work. About 10 mins if I leave at 8. Last week it didn't take shorter than 20 minutes because the amount of cars on the road and that included people driving to the park for picnics and to meet up with friends.

The children who can't come to nursery have all been meeting up with parents in the park.

And not one sniff of a Police car anywhere.
I’m really sorry but I do not believe that is actually happening, you seem very informed about what’s going on in the city you live in, I really do hope if any of this is true hat you have reported it

Erythromycin that’s the wonder drug 😂

Never mind trainspotting now we've trollyspotting ;)
Oh I do like your posts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Prince Philip has made a rare statement thanking all keyworkers ** The Furlough scheme is now open to employers ...it aims to transfer funds within 6 days to make the April payroll ...

Does anyone else feel bad for ordering more from Amazon etc?
I've never had so many deliveries before.

I'm only ordering stuff we need and it's to stop my husband having to go out unnecessarily just for things like batteries or an iPad charger. I'm also ordering stuff for the baby that we can't get in supermarkets.

I am trying to make sure it's just essentials though because I feel bad for the delivery drivers and warehouse workers.

Reactions: 5
Prince Philip has made a rare statement thanking all keyworkers ** The Furlough scheme is now open to employers ...it aims to transfer funds within 6 days to make the April payroll ...
It is, it’s still a bit of a headache as the calculator for variable pay isn’t working yet 😬🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m really sorry but I do not believe that is actually happening, you seem very informed about what’s going on in the city you live in, I really do hope if any of this is true hat you have reported it

Oh I do like your posts 😂
I've phoned the council this morning re the hairdressers and the pub.

I'm sorry you don't believe me. I can assure you that I haven't made anything up. These are things which are happening in my immediate area. I've already shared some photos and screenshots from Facebook, however when I go to the shop at the end of the week, I'm more than happy to take se more evidence by way of photos for you?

Does anyone know where did this traffic light thing appear from? I've seen people share it on my Facebook too but no link to where it came from.

Also...question for anyone...when the lock down is lifted i assume it will be done in stages like this, at what point do you think we can visit family and friends? When non essential businesses reopen or when schools open? I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing my mother in law (that has been my favourite thing about lock down) but looking forward to seeing my own parents.
I’d love to know. My husband’s boss has just called him to say we have moved to amber and he’s expected back to work on site from Monday. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I've phoned the council this morning re the hairdressers and the pub.

I'm sorry you don't believe me. I can assure you that I haven't made anything up. These are things which are happening in my immediate area. I've already shared some photos and screenshots from Facebook, however when I go to the shop at the end of the week, I'm more than happy to take se more evidence by way of photos for you?
Iv not said that “I don’t believe you” I said I don’t believe that’s happening, there is absolutely no need to show me any evidence 👍🏻 Well done for taking steps in letting the council know what’s going on 👏🏻 Now just the rest of the numptys that thinks it’s ok to open when it’s not

Reactions: 3
Iv not said that “I don’t believe you” I said I don’t believe that’s happening, there is absolutely no need to show me any evidence 👍🏻 Well done for taking steps in letting the council know what’s going on 👏🏻 Now just the rest of the numptys that thinks it’s ok to open when it’s not
I'm obviously aware of pics I'm posting too as there's a few in here that live not far and the pub for example can be seen from my back door so any pics could potentially be outing!

Reactions: 3
Now your talking, have you tried haribo sqidglets ??
Both my sons are big Haribo fans Gold Bears and the originals are the fave and I’m partial to the Giant Strawbs but I must get some of those next time I’m allowed out to shop if I can disguise them as a loaf of bread 🥖

I wonder if the number of cases and deaths are finally going down or is it just the usual monday low.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.