Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The question from the Liverpool Echo at tonights conference was interesting. Journalist pushed for an answer and Rishi had to step in.
Completely avoided saying they were in the wrong anyway..

Reactions: 3
I’m from Liverpool and our deaths have been going up gradually and the North West had the most deaths reported in the last 24 hours. So a lot of people are putting this done to the football match taking place and lots of Spanish football fans as well as the normal fans who travel to Liverpool games.

Reactions: 8
I’m from Liverpool and our deaths have been going up gradually and the North West had the most deaths reported in the last 24 hours. So a lot of people are putting this done to the football match taking place and lots of Spanish football fans as well as the normal fans who travel to Liverpool games.
Yes I think that's what he was trying to get them to admit,that they were wrong to let it go ahead ...but as usual they passed the buck and denied any wrong doing..:rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
I'm getting so fed up of the Facebook social distancing police! This was on my towns Facebook group today.

My husband and I went for a walk the other day and a man shouted at us for not being 2m apart. We're both 27, I don't think we look particularly young but maybe to him we do.

Everyone is so judgemental now. Someone the other day posted about how they sat out in their front garden and counted the cars going down their road because it was busier than it was at the start of lockdown. You don't know why people are out unless you stop each one and ask where they are going...

Screenshot_20200420-182325_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: 4
Who do you report them too?

Honestly, if you are desperate to get out, come to the Midlands, life as normal here.

I might send my son to school this week for shits and giggles, he's allowed to be there as we are both key workers.

I'm getting pissed off at doing whats been expected and no other bleeping doing it because they can't seem to grasp it and are convinced everything is back to norm anyway
I used to live in the Midlands. Saw a friend's video on FB of the police in Small Heath trying to deal with a car accident and the amount of people on the streets was shocking. I can very well believe it.

Reactions: 5
People are really relaxed round my way with the social distancing its making me scared to go out to exercise. People jogging past me practically brushing my shoulder panting their spit every where. Gross

• Sad
I'm getting so fed up of the Facebook social distancing police! This was on my towns Facebook group today.

My husband and I went for a walk the other day and a man shouted at us for not being 2m apart. We're both 27, I don't think we look particularly young but maybe to him we do.

Everyone is so judgemental now. Someone the other day posted about how they sat out in their front garden and counted the cars going down their road because it was busier than it was at the start of lockdown. You don't know why people are out unless you stop each one and ask where they are going...

View attachment 113489
He’s your husband, you live in the same home (I’m assuming). You don’t have to stand 2m apart if you’re not home and self isolating with symptoms. I too am getting sick fed up of the Social Distancing Police. Mind your own self and what you’re doing, unfortunately you cannot control what other people are doing.

Reactions: 6
He’s your husband, you live in the same home (I’m assuming). You don’t have to stand 2m apart if you’re not home and self isolating with symptoms. I too am getting sick fed up of the Social Distancing Police. Mind your own self and what you’re doing, unfortunately you cannot control what other people are doing.
Yeah I told the man that we were married, live in the same house and sleep in the same bed and he shut up.
I don't know if he just assumed we were too young to be married and own a house or what. I don't think we look that young!

Reactions: 8
Not at all!

Unfortunately as I posted last night it seems these rules can be interpreted in may different ways. I know someone who’s girlfriend (works for the nhs) comes to stay each other weekend 🤦🏻‍♀️ And my neighbours daughter went out for a walk with her boyfriend today, he’s been in their house and taken her out in the car ever since lockdown. I’m fuming, they are twats anyway and I didn’t drop any lemon drizzle cake to them as I did to my other neighbours 🤣🤣
I've come to the conclusion that I'm in lockdown with the wrong people because no one bakes, and I live in the wrong street because none of my neighbor's have dropped off cakes for me!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
managed to get an Iceland delivery slot for Wednesday! They seem to have quite a few available where I am. Couldn’t for the life of me get one on Asda or Tesco. Also quite pleased because you don’t need to spend £40 at Iceland to get delivery, much better for a person on their own.

Reactions: 9
Who do you report them too?

Honestly, if you are desperate to get out, come to the Midlands, life as normal here.

I might send my son to school this week for shits and giggles, he's allowed to be there as we are both key workers.

I'm getting pissed off at doing whats been expected and no other bleeping doing it because they can't seem to grasp it and are convinced everything is back to norm anyway
I also live in the midlands - however its very quiet in both areas I live in (split family) with little to no traffic now. It did take a week in to lockdown for it to get through to some people. But in the two areas I live in, it seems fine. I have noticed people out for walks a lot more but if they're from same household, I couldn't care less and people need some fresh air to feel sane. Supermarkets are still absolute shambolic, no fault to them and all on the consumers!! I'm very curious as to whereabouts you live but I'm just nosey lol.

Must've missed this. What was said please?
Journo basically said Liverpool has a very high death rate that is steadily increasing and this is most likely due to the international football game that saw thousands travel from Madrid, Spain where COVID was already critical and basically asking why the Govt didn't put a stop to this mass gathering occurring. A week or less later, gatherings were banned. They tried to deflect the blame as per usual but Journo pushed for an answer whereby Rishi stepped in to say it was backed by the SCIENCE (bleeping hate that term now) not to ban gatherings yet and swiftly moved on.

Reactions: 7
The North West covers Manchester as well, the third biggest City. Considering the amount of deaths the reporter said they had in Liverpool, it didn't seem unusually high? Plus there are a lot of smokers. Roy Castle Lung Foundation based itself in Liverpool because they had the highest rate of lung cancer cases in the UK. I don't think they can put all the deaths in Liverpool down to the football match?

It’s hard to believe that this is week 5 of no school. Time is going fairly quickly.
seven weeks closed on Thursday here, it feel like forever ago, and also like it was yesterday 🤷‍♀️

I have a feeling we’ll wake up and it will be October.

maybe in a few years 2020 will be written out of history,
we’ll just call it the Voldemort year, and when children ask
“what happened in 2020 grandma”

there will be dead silence, and granny will whisper
“we do not speak of that year young one....now go fetch me my vape”

all you fuckers who read the secret and believe in the power of positive thinking, sucks to be you 🙂 thankfully I’ve always been a negative fucker 🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Roy Castle Lung Foundation based itself in Liverpool because they had the highest rate of lung cancer cases in the UK. I don't think they can put all the deaths in Liverpool down to the football match?
I think the Echo journalists question was great tbh.

(In recent years Manchester has had the highest rate on lung cancer cases/deaths in the UK. The founder of the Lung Foundation was also a Liverpool based chest surgeon).

Last edited:
all you fuckers who read the secret and believe in the power of positive thinking, sucks to be you 🙂 thankfully I’ve always been a negative fucker 🤣😂
Crystals still have a healing power though, a magic force field to protect? ...asking for a friend 😉😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.