Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The North West covers Manchester as well, the third biggest City. Considering the amount of deaths the reporter said they had in Liverpool, it didn't seem unusually high? Plus there are a lot of smokers. Roy Castle Lung Foundation based itself in Liverpool because they had the highest rate of lung cancer cases in the UK. I don't think they can put all the deaths in Liverpool down to the football match?
We cant really be sure why there was such a high number but Liverpool had quite a big spike 2 weeks after that match and the Journo mentioned almost 300 hospital death (no time frame) and he said this didn't count home Covid deaths. It was a good question, one for he firsts Ive been impressed with so far. Seems most journalists are holding back.

Reactions: 7
I think the Echo journalists question was great tbh.

(In recent years Manchester has had the highest rate on lung cancer cases/deaths in the UK. The founder of the Lung Foundation was also a Liverpool based chest surgeon).
I did say 'HAD'.

We cant really be sure why there was such a high number but Liverpool had quite a big spike 2 weeks after that match and the Journo mentioned almost 300 hospital death (no time frame) and he said this didn't count home Covid deaths. It was a good question, one for he firsts Ive been impressed with so far. Seems most journalists are holding back.
Tbf, a similar question was asked yesterday about Cheltenham going ahead. Jenny Harries said they went with the scientific advice at the time.

I don't think the journalists are holding back at all.

Reactions: 6
I did say 'HAD'.

Tbf, a similar question was asked yesterday about Cheltenham going ahead. Jenny Harries said they went with the scientific advice at the time.

I know, just wanted to point it out in terms of the number of cases etc in other part of the NW/Manchester too.

Reactions: 2
I did say 'HAD'.

I always wondered how the scientists didn't see it when the public were up in arms over it ...makes you wonder:unsure:

Reactions: 3
A local farmer went to Cheltenham and his funeral is this Thursday 57 and fit and healthy. My son in laws friend went with 10 others and they stayed in a flat together. 3 of the 10 got Coronavirus

On a slightly different part of the whole thing. Was coming back from dropping shopping at mums and my neighbour ( who has his drinking friends in his garden every weekend and had a barbecue with guests who came by car and stayed the night ) was outside talking to some other people ( brother and sister standing together who I know don’t live together ) and he was saying that we have to have a strict lockdown in the next weeks to get rid of it. I nearly opened my mouth and called him a hycoprite . They also have 2 young foster children in the house

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
πŸ’° πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°

oh they saw it.....
I thought you were going to blame a certain MP with ruffled hair 🀫 that's had to take to his bed ;)

A local farmer went to Cheltenham and his funeral is this Thursday 57 and fit and healthy. My son in laws friend went with 10 others and they stayed in a flat together. 3 of the 10 got Coronavirus

On a slightly different part of the whole thing. Was coming back from dropping shopping at mums and my neighbour ( who has his drinking friends in his garden every weekend and had a barbecue with guests who came by car and stayed the night ) was outside talking to some other people ( brother and sister standing together who I know don’t live together ) and he was saying that we have to have a strict lockdown in the next weeks to get rid of it. I nearly opened my mouth and called him a hycoprite . They also have 2 young foster children in the house
Jeez who'd those people foster children they seem really irresponsible..

I thought you were going to blame a certain MP with ruffled hair 🀫 that's had to take to his bed ;)
he’s had brilliant sick leave though hasn’t he! I’m sure there are many who’ve come out of ICU who are long back at work. πŸ˜•

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Ramadan starts this week. There will be a lot of Doctors and healthcare workers fasting whilst also working during this pandemic.

I'm always impressed by the doctors I work with during Ramadan, this year is next level.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I personally don’t see the point in asking should we have done things differently, it’s done now but then I also think they government don’t control everyone’s lives and people need to think for themselves. Would I be going to Cheltenham... no. I barely went anywhere two weeks before lockdown because I was aware and made the decision on my own πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Reactions: 23
Jeez who'd those people foster children they seem really irresponsible..
My son was in hospital when he was younger and there was a room for parents to make meals etc. I got talking to two foster mums and was disgusted. One kept referring to the foster child as 'it'. She said when Social Services came to see the foster children if she had potty trained them she would point to them and say 'that one can go now'. Urgh she was horrific. Another one was just as bad. Wouldn't stay overnight with the baby so the Nurses had to keep coming into console the baby. Luckily, I then met two nice foster parents and told them about the two awful ones and asked how they get picked to be foster parents? He said some know how to pay the game and get through the process but are only in it for the money :-(

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Few pages behind, so apologies if been posted. But anyone else got the WhatsApp regarding capt toms daughter & son in law owning the charity company that the millions went through, won’t post pic as these things usually false but it does show a company with them as the directors πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
Anyone else get it, hate to tarnish capt Tom, be fuming if it’s true

• Wow
West Texas oil has gone negative for the first time in history. Literally paying people to take the oil because the inventory is full. I know many people are anti o&g but this is a really scary time for those of us with spouses who work in the industry. Hundreds of thousands of people could lose their jobs. They're not going to be able to keep the economy closed much longer. The OPEC war between Russia and Saudi also didn't help.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.