Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they have left it open to interpretation haven’t they, thats the issue.

I AGREE with you people are openly taking the mic. Do I wanna be sending my husband down the shop every other day? No, so I don’t.
If Karen wants to go down every day sadly that’s her prerogative and not much I can frankly do about it as much as it might irritate me.
I see it as quite clear cut but then I'm not spending my time looking for a way round.

Why bother with lockdown if no one is following it and there's no consequence anyway?

Reactions: 1
If it cheers anyone up, instead of learning a useful skill like new recipes or science knowledge.... i have learnt how to swear in Spanish

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I see it as quite clear cut but then I'm not spending my time looking for a way round.

Why bother with lockdown if no one is following it and there's no consequence anyway?
Lockdown is working
A&e admissions are down , iccu admissions are down
New infected cases are stabilising
Traffic levels and transport levels are down
And they are saying we are through the first wave so what we are doing is working

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The council, the police?

Ah I did wonder if you were midlands as there seems to be an increase up there at the moment... could explain things.

I am only leaving my house once a week. Other than that I am happy to stay here minding my own business. If other people are happy to be out fair play, but I don’t want to be near them and I won’t be running to places as soon as they open up that’s for sure.
I’m probably classed as the Midlands too and I can assure you it is NOT business as usual here. (Not aimed at you personally, Joe - just quoting your post)
I go out once a week to shop, if I can stretch it to 10 days even better. I then drop groceries off to my dad and mother in law and that is the only time I leave my property. My husband and adult sons have not left our property AT ALL since lockdown - not even for exercise. Actually, my eldest did walk to the post box yesterday because he needed to send back a signed furlough letter to his employer but he came straight home. If I hadn’t already done my shopping then I’d have posted it when I was out instead but it was too important to wait another week.

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry everyone. I needed a post out in the world rant and I broke the thread. I know this is a very serious situation but also can we go back to slagging trump to get us through (and hope that those taking the piss see something this week on the news or on Facebook that helps them re-evaluate what they are doing) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If it cheers anyone up, instead of learning a useful skill like new recipes or science knowledge.... i have learnt how to swear in Spanish
I’m only up to “shopping” on DuoLingo (oh the irony!) does the swearing section come later?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ok he is actually reading an article about himself 😂

Ok does he realise he just said it's difficult to get it aroused 🤭🍆🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I think we can all agree we should all abide by the rules and I’m sure most of us are doing our best. But really what is the point in getting so upset about what’s in other people’s shopping baskets? What does it achieve? You’re hardly going to call them out there and then, so why waste so much energy stewing over it at all? You will probably never see these people again.

The point I’m making is, mind your own bloody business we all have enough on our plates at the moment. Breaking rules isn’t ideal but it’s also not our job to police what other people are buying.

In other news, I’m getting worried about what the ads are trying to tell me😳🤣

edit to add; I have found myself getting upset over things I can’t control (like gogglebox lol) so I’m not trying to make out in some perfect person who never judges anyone. But I have realised recently that holding on to such negativity isn’t doing my mental health any good and I’m sure it doesn’t do others’ any good either. We can only responsible for our own behaviour no one else’s x
Well I thought I was doing well because Greece was on earlier! so went from being up beat to putting on A Star is Born.😢And then coming on to that :poop: 😂...it's been a mixed old day as per..xx

Reactions: 2
People choose to be ignorant I think.
I’ve been to my nans today, she’s got a walkthrough from the front garden to back so I never went in the house. Sat at the bottom of the garden whilst they sat at the top, had a chat for an hour or so. Really lifted their spirits! We did it on the way to get some milk from the shop. My son slept in his pushchair the whole time (thank the Lord😂)

when we went for a walk yesterday I saw a couple lift a newborn baby our their car, into a relatives house being kissed and cuddled on the way in.

It’s so stupid. as far as I’m concerned we’re supposed to be on lockdown, and only going out for exercise or to get food. people take the piss til it hits closer to yoke.
Only go out for exercise or food? Yet you spent an hour at the bottom of your nans garden? You do realise the hypocrisy there?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.