Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to read that so many of you are struggling today. Don’t be so hard on yourselves.
There is a support group set up here https://tattle.life/threads/coronavirus-disease-support.4990/
Obviously you can still post on here but I’d hate your posts to get missed amongst the rest of the posts because it can be a fast moving thread sometimes, whereas the other thread is solely for support.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have OCD, I have to go to a shop today for the first time in a month and I'm freaking out. Plus I have to take my little one with me and I'm worried people will think I'm irresponsible, but I'm a single parent so not much choice. I'm terrified this will be how I catch the virus. Would I be mad to make a scarf into a mask?
So do I. Generally my OCD is well controlled with medication (beta-blockers and anti-depressants), but it always flares up when I'm stressed, like now. I have been feeling really claustrophobic for the last few days because all my choices about when to go out, where to go etc have been taken away from me. I feel hemmed in and miserable.

I used to have a real problem with worrying incessantly about contracting HIV, even though I've never been in a high risk category. I had treatment with cognitive behavioural therapy and I've been a lot better but this new virus is making old memories and fears resurface. I bloody hate all this, I wish everything could go back to normal.

At the beginning of this pandemic I was OK, but the longer we are on lockdown the worse it's affecting me.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm struggling badly myself, so dont know what to suggest, but just wanted to say you're not alone, if that's any comfort. 😊

I'm staying with my bf as my parents are elderly and vunerable - didn't know I'd be away from them indefinitely when I came over before lockdown as I stay for a few days most weeks, but I I couldnt risk going back home as once lockdown was set as I'd been to work and out here and there, so would be putting them at risk, so all I want is big cuddles, and I'm 36, too, but never too old. 😊
Never ever to old for cuddles

Reactions: 10
I posted a few comments very early on in these threads. In the last 2 weeks I’ve lost the plot entirely. I’m signed off work, im on meds’ and having therapy. I’ve developed a fear so overwhelming of “C”- I can’t even say the name.im indoors with my partner, she’s back at work weds, she’s been great but tiring of my phobia I fear. I see family via Skype. I’ve changed my diet to healthy only and doing yoga. I sleep occasionally ok, but nightmares every night or day. I go from being semi ok to absolute abject fear that this will never end. I’ve gone from being a woman who was stoical AF to not being able to function in a space of 2 weeks. Sorry for ramble, and maybe not right place to post but anyone have any tips or words of wisdom?🙏🏽 Xxx I know there are no answers but I hope some wisdom may help things somehow click
No words of wisdom but this thread helps me just in terms of chat. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Think healthy diet is a good idea and I need to do that too. It will end at some point. We will look back on 2020 in a few years with probably some disbelief. But the human race has survived many many pandemics throughout its time. It won’t beat us. My daughter is really struggling too, she’s four but has become very emotional this last week and I don’t know how to make it better. I’ve said today just me and her go for a walk together so she can talk if she wants and my husband can take my son out. You’re doing the right things by the sounds of it. Just take one day at a time. Do you do anything like cross stitch? If I had time I would do something like that. I do understand as I’ve suffered in the past and my husband has worn tired of it because it is a hard thing to live with for yourself and the person supporting you. Take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The builder I had lined up to do some work at the end of the summer is working on another house in my street right now, the family moved out before all this so the house was empty and it made sense to continue. When I called him yesterday to let him know the work will probably be delayed since we can't get surveyors out obviously, he told me a woman shouted at him in the street. Said he was a disgrace and should be at home with all this 🤯
People like that really wind me up, you don't have to stop working if you can do it safety! This builder has 6 guys working under him who all have a mortgage and families to feed. Not everyone can work from home or just stop working. She doesn't know that they have all made the decision to live together in a house nearby since they are working down here so they have cut themselves off from their wives and children so they don't put them at risk or spread the virus to anyone else by travelling about. They haven't seen their kids in a month any probably won't for the next 2!
I think a lot of people are too quick and jump to conclusions that are wrong

Reactions: 11
Never ever to old for cuddles
Its so hard because although I'm living with my bf, I'm scared to go too near as he's a nurse, so I'm extra worried, when I desperately want affection and cuddles. Maybe I'm taking it too far, but I just dont know how to handle things....

Sorry to read that so many of you are struggling today. Don’t be so hard on yourselves.
There is a support group set up here https://tattle.life/threads/coronavirus-disease-support.4990/
Obviously you can still post on here but I’d hate your posts to get missed amongst the rest of the posts because it can be a fast moving thread sometimes, whereas the other thread is solely for support.
Take care xx
Thank you very much, I didn't know about that. 😊

Reactions: 8
Take care xx
you are so lovely 💕

Reactions: 8
Window cleaners near me apparently have had lots of abuse despite being allowed to work due as they have no contact.
That’s not right, there are loads of jobs that can be done safely

Its so hard because although I'm living with my bf, I'm scared to go too near as he's a nurse, so I'm extra worried, when I desperately want affection and cuddles. Maybe I'm taking it too far, but I just dont know how to handle things....

Thank you very much, I didn't know about that. 😊
Put your right arm over your left shoulder.
Now put your left arm over your right shoulder.
Squeeze gently ....... this is a hug from me 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you so much for replying, I needed to know I'm not alone, if you know what I mean. 😊 Oh no, I'm sorry you're struggling, too, you're husband must be shattered and you must be struggling with young children. 😣 Do you have any local shops? I get some food delivered, but it's not cheap, so I pop out to get a few things twice a week. I have bad anxiety as it is, so this has sent me into overdrive as I'm worried sick and cleaning so much. I know I'm frustrating my boyfriend, but I just dont know how to cope. As far as I know, there's no cases in the nursing home he's a charge nurse in over the past few days, but I'm still scared for most of each day as he washes his clothes when he comes home and then showers, so that is stressful as I worry he's carrying germs through the door. You take care and if you want to chat further, message me, its nice of you to reply. 😊 x
I know exactly what you mean! You wouldn’t wish it on anyone, but also it’s weirdly nice to have someone else in the same boat.

We do have some local shops but hate the idea of taking my children, although I would if I had to! My partner has been getting bits after work most of the time but then I feel guilty because he’s out all day. It’s so stressful isn’t it!! It sounds like your partner is doing all he can bless him, but totally agree you just don’t know what they might be bringing home. Would love to have a little catch up sometime so will give you a message! X

Reactions: 3
For anyone that likes musicals someone on another thread said Andrew Lloyd Webber has an ads free version of Jesus Christ Superstar on YouTube till this evening...

Reactions: 3
Tried making a mask from a scarf.
Cannot get it to work or stay on.
Very premenstrual and now got in a right pissy mood about it, threw tit mask at a wall had a cry and ate some easter egg.
duck all this honestly.
This entire situation is bleeping horrendous and I can't deal with it today 😭😭😭😭😭
Same here, sending you a big hug x

Reactions: 4
Our nearest Crem is now closed to the public from today and max of 10 people allowed in for funerals as they can keep this amount 2 metres apart. Can't go and visit graves either.

One of our huge parks has today been closed down because of the unprecedented amount of people using it over the weekend for picnics and sunbathing and refusing to move on and go home when asked by the wardens to do so, as well as mixing household's.

Can't see restrictions being lifted anytime soon, it's not even a hard lockdown, it's quite soft compared to other countries.
I think you might be in the same area as me! Are you talking about the Arboretum?

Reactions: 2
For anyone that likes musicals someone on another thread said Andrew Lloyd Webber has an ads free version of Jesus Christ Superstar on YouTube till this evening...
He's streaming shows every Friday at 7pm. We've been going to the theatre for the last 2 weeks 😉 We turn off all the lights and even clap after each song #needsmust. Hoping for Phantom and Les Mis. 🤞 a little bit of light relief in the gloom x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think you might be in the same area as me! Are you talking about the Arboretum?
I am!! Ti's a smallnworld

That's scary, but impressive how structured it is.
Makes me wonder how they can manage this yet you can't a Doctors appointment for love nor money usually and last year, they kept on at me for a smear test then every time I tried to book one, they only had one 12 weeks away! Such a disorganised surgery usually!

He's streaming shows every Friday at 7pm. We've been going to the theatre for the last 2 weeks 😉 We turn off all the lights and even clap after each song #needsmust. Hoping for Phantom and Les Mis. 🤞 a little bit of light relief in the gloom x
Supposed to be seeing Phantom in August. Just had We will Rock You cancelled

Reactions: 2
I know exactly what you mean! You wouldn’t wish it on anyone, but also it’s weirdly nice to have someone else in the same boat.

We do have some local shops but hate the idea of taking my children, although I would if I had to! My partner has been getting bits after work most of the time but then I feel guilty because he’s out all day. It’s so stressful isn’t it!! It sounds like your partner is doing all he can bless him, but totally agree you just don’t know what they might be bringing home. Would love to have a little catch up sometime so will give you a message! X
Ahhh yes it is, because of my boyfriend's job, I try not to talk much about it, but he knows I'm struggling. I'm already dreading him coming home as he'll need to wash his clothes, then I'll clean whatever he's touched on the way in, followed by the bath and sink after he's showered, it's so tiring. I speak to my parents twice a day, and they tell me I'm doing all I can, but I wish I could see them. I just replied to your message, thank you. 😊 xx

That’s not right, there are loads of jobs that can be done safely

Put your right arm over your left shoulder.
Now put your left arm over your right shoulder.
Squeeze gently ....... this is a hug from me 👍🏻
Aww thank you! 🥰 Sending you a hug back. 🤗

I watched Joseph last week and Jesus Christ this week. I think perhaps he started with those because of Easter.
Les Mis or Phantom would be great.

Reactions: 6
To be honest and not to be horrible but realistic. I think seeing our elderly realatives will be one of the last of the restrictions to be lifted unless their is a vaccine as they are in the high risk category. It sucks as I'd love to see my mum again but if they are vulnerable now they will still be until the virus is controlled, ie no longer fatal. I Skype my mum once a day and I find that helps as I still see her and spend time with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.