Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think they are underplaying that Boris has been admitted to hospital just “as a precaution”?
I am worried now. I think this is way more serious than they are telling us.
🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Does anyone else think they are underplaying that Boris has been admitted to hospital just “as a precaution”?
🥺
Yes. I don't think someone gets admitted as a precaution on a Sunday evening. I think they don't want people to panic.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
🥺
I don't think anyone would be admitted on a Sunday evening unless there was concern there ..even going near a hospital is risky atm 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I feel like we should all be watching Gavin and Stacy eating mince pies and opening the buttons on our PJ bottoms to allow the food baby room to breath

I mean, I’ve been in pj’s for 8 days* and pop tarts are my one true friend* and have made up 72% of my diet this Christmas lockdown but there’s no tree up and no decorations around. 😕

Might hang up a covid-19 information booklet with fairy lights around it.

*bare faced lie. *not a total lie
On Sky, the last Gavon
You can’t help but see the anger and vitriol that Boris receives online due to his political positions and handling of the virus. Although I am a fan of Boris, I think that he definitely could have acted quicker in some respects. What I don’t understand is how anyone could laugh or be glad that he has Covid-19. I wouldn’t want to wish this disease on anyone. I really hope that he makes it through this and not just on a personal level for his health but because our country needs consistency at the moment so that we don’t all panic again.
I've had to stop messaging my sibling. Both niece and nephew are seriously high risk and they are ignoring lockdown procedure because they can't stand Boris or Tories and refuse to be told what to do by them.

Boris being taken to hospital just came up on our family chat and she said it makes no difference as he will get proper care so it won't really affect him and he's done nothing to help the country so why bother.

I'm too exhausted to go there with her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
🥺
Plus they have said hes been admitted for tests...if hes already been tested positive for coronavirus then there must be more to it...checking for pneumonia??

• Sad
Reactions: 11
🥺
It’s probably because he’s still showing symptoms after 10 days. Probably worried he’s entering the second, worse wave.

I agree though... I hope it is just to make sure, rather than him being really unwell.

Also:
Going to google now and see if I can find any evidence of this.
5239F323-21A3-46C1-91AC-832ED2876711.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Yel

I don't think anyone would be admitted on a Sunday evening unless there was concern there ..even going near a hospital is risky atm 🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't read too much into that, the rules that apply to us don't for the leaders of a country.

Reactions: 9
🥺
The other day someone posted on the Secret Celebrity Gossip thread that he was far more ill than we were being told. Apparently Carrie is very poorly as well. I don't like the man but I genuinely wish him a speedy recovery.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
What are you all doing about gym memberships? I go to a "boutique" studio and it costs $190 per month. They posted on IG that they would really appreciate if clients could keep paying, they are also charging for online classes...they aren't including them in the monthly regular payment. They said if you want, you can email them to put your account on hold until they reopen.
Out of all the local boutique gyms I follow, they're the only one NOT putting memberships on hold automatically. I honestly think it would have been better if they said: "We are putting all memberships on hold if you want to still pay to support us, send us an email."

They are also selling equipment (balls, bands, weights) for like $30+ a piece. I know they still have to make money but I am side-eyeing them. They've always seemed to be more about money than the clients, even way before covid. They were gonna up the prices even more for members but we found out and caused a stink so they grandfathered us into the original price and only new members pay the higher price. I actually am skeptical of if they'll be around after covid.

Anyway, I put my membership on hold as honestly, jobs are so uncertain that I can't justify that money coming out right now every month when I am not receiving the service.
My gym automatically put memberships on hold ( budget chain gym though, complete opposite of yours! ). If they hadn’t done it automatically, I would have frozen it myself.
Given the amount of money you pay, it sounds like they don’t really care about customers as much as they should and I would cancel and find somewhere else when gyms reopen. (I get that they still need to make money, but most places want to keep customers sweet ready for when they reopen.)

Reactions: 8
The Queen’s speech was very powerful and I didn’t realise how much I needed to hear her speak until she did. I had tears in my eyes by the end. She makes me feel proud to be British. We can be strong in the face of adversity together.

I did think when I originally heard that the Queen was going to give an address that “they don’t do that unless it’s serious”.

I’m a monarchist and proud to admit it. If my feelings aren’t felt by others on this topic, I can always toddle off to the thread I joined this forum for: Harry and Meghan! 😂 I know they will agree with me over there! 😂
Me too!
I flit between this thread and Half-Wit & Meghantoinette’s thread.
Tbh I only hang around this thread for The Irish Crap posts!
And no more fecking Bono tonight peeps! You can fada off with that crap! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s probably because he’s still showing symptoms after 10 days. Probably worried he’s entering the second, worse wave.

I agree though... I hope it is just to make sure, rather than him being really unwell.

Also:
Going to google now and see if I can find any evidence of this.
View attachment 104351
Cats are known to be susceptible to it ..maybe that includes big cats too

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My gym automatically put memberships on hold ( budget chain gym though, complete opposite of yours! ). If they hadn’t done it automatically, I would have frozen it myself.
Given the amount of money you pay, it sounds like they don’t really care about customers as much as they should and I would cancel and find somewhere else when gyms reopen. (I get that they still need to make money, but most places want to keep customers sweet ready for when they reopen.)
Yes. I already know where I am going to go. Haha. They are greedy and are a new small local brand yet opened 8 studios across the country in 2 years. It has been obvious for a really long time they don't know how to manage their money/business and are just gauging clients. I've said for a while to my husband that it will all come crashing down for them as they expanded too quickly because of their greed.

Reactions: 2
Yes, people's pet cats have also been testing positive for covid.
I knew there had been rumours but didn't realise they were true as I've seen a lot of info stating that animals can't spread? I know the RCPSA have been vocal about animals NOT being a risk.

Didn't realise it was true....

• Wow
Hello everyone!

Discharged home this morning. Still feel dreadful, short of breath and coughing quite a bit. Tested as positive; they say working with COVID19 didn’t help my asthma going into overdrive and my heart not being very well. Off for another 7 days, and I’ll see what I’ll do!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Me too!
I flit between this thread and Half-Wit & Meghantoinette’s thread.
Tbh I only hang around this thread for The Irish Crap posts!
And no more fecking Bono tonight peeps! You can fada off with that crap! :p
Bónó

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.