Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it ridiculous? Pretty sure my daughter had it, she was taken to hospital from gp surgery on 23rd Dec, gp thought she needed to be tested for sepsis, in the end they said she had the flu. She had exact symptoms of this virus the cough was horrendous and non stop. We were kept awake for 3 or 4 nights with the coughing and she lost sense of taste. No cold/runny nose. Temperature of 40+. She had no energy at all and looked so ill. No way was it flu.
Mine had this in November. Temperature, awful cough, didn't eat for a week, never seen her so poorly. Makes me wonder if it was around earlier, several schools here had over 60 pupils ill with 'flu'.

Reactions: 5
Idiots like this are going to cause this whole thing to go on longer than necessary. “5g!!!! Sheeple!!!! Covid is made up!!!!!!!”🙄

The lack of regard for the more vulnerable (and practically everyone else) is maddening. What ever you believe just bleeping stay in.
I have just read on BBC news that Matt Hancock said exercise outside the home could be banned if people continue to ignore the rules. Idiots like this are the reason why 🤬🤬 the daily walk is keeping a lot of people sane.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I know a lot of people would kick off if she got tested but I don't think she would say she hasn't been tested at all if she has. Surely she would just keep it to herself if she has been tested and found positive/negative? Also, how careless of Boris to be around her like that knowing full well he was at risk because of all the people he's surrounded by!
But now that NHS staff are getting tested as priority (however slow that may be) - I would be fine with a high risk pregnant woman being tested, regardless of who's baby she is carrying.
Abolutely, because you'd hope everyone in that situation would be tested anyway

No word of a lie there was a discussion on my local residents fb group about whether it was ok to sit on a bench and eat a sandwich whilst on your daily walk (of course it’s not), but it descended into someone arguing the toss over whether they could give their 2yo a sandwich in the push chair whilst on the walk, when that wasn’t even the point in the first place, it’s bloody weird. Like people are waiting for you to go “no you can’t do that” so they can kick off.
Talking on Sky News just now about how it is the people like that who will get your 1 walk day removed.

Reactions: 4
I have just read on BBC news that Matt Hancock said exercise outside the home could be banned if people continue to ignore the rules. Idiots like this are the reason why 🤬🤬 the daily walk is keeping a lot of people sane.
simple politics just posted a summary saying it’s not ok to sunbathe, ‘sit down for a bit’ whilst exercising and if people don’t comply the measures will be made stronger

edit- completely agree with what Hancock said I was just reiterating 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Important distinction based on what I have seen in work and limited amount time eseential food shopping.
It's not just young breaking the rules it's OAP too good I had give my mum a stern talking to.
Do we think older generation will listen to the queen.
Do we think this crisis will see the common wealth countries working closer together.
I'm sick of telling my mum about shopping. Shes shopping for her and my dad, my nana and my other grandparents. Because of this it's 3 trips a week. Iv told her she needs to tell them she's going one day a week to one shop so make sure thier lists are enough for that.

Reactions: 6
simple politics just posted a summary saying it’s not ok to sunbathe, ‘sit down for a bit’ whilst exercising and if people don’t comply the measures will be made stronger
It’s because people are taking the piss. If you can sit down for a bit when running then you have all the idiots saying what’s the difference between that and having a picnic in the park? Obviously you can stop for a second if you are running and literally dying from being out of breath but the idea of purposely going outside of your house for anything other than the bare essentials clearly aren’t sinking in.

Reactions: 10
My cousin is poorly with Covid19 😔
It’s an awful illness - the equivalent to being knocked on the head with a mallet and winded by an elephant sitting on your chest.
I’m so so ANGRY at everybody who thinks it’s OK to carry on as normal. My cousin is fit and physically fit and well. It’s knocked her sideways. She is on day 8 and still no better.
My normally fit and healthy son in his 30’s is also on day 8. No underlying health conditions. Says he feels like he has been run over by a bus, fatigue, fever, breathless, dizzy and feels like his lungs are burning.
Some people have mild symptoms but even young and healthy people are getting more severe symptoms. This evil thing has completely floored him and for some it can be a long road to full recovery 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15
:rolleyes: Sorry but I am not proud of anyone’s “little heroes”

There, I said it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
:rolleyes: Sorry but I am not proud of anyone’s “little heroes”

There, I said it!
Lol I have kids too and rolled my eyes at it.
Compared to kids during the war they have it easy staying in house.
Mine have food. Garden sky and internet they will survive.

Reactions: 32
It’s because people are taking the piss. If you can sit down for a bit when running then you have all the idiots saying what’s the difference between that and having a picnic in the park? Obviously you can stop for a second if you are running and literally dying from being out of breath but the idea of purposely going outside of your house for anything other than the bare essentials clearly aren’t sinking in.
yes, I completely agree. I was just saying what they said 🤷🏻‍♀️

Exactly. This isn't the 40s, most kids have it very easy at home.

Reactions: 9
Disney plus is only like a fiver a month. Kids have unlimited entertainment these days and it’s like “oh wee tommy didn’t get to go to his best friend’s birthday party, pray for him”
There are so many key workers out putting their own lives and the lives of people they live with at risk. I’m not even taking about the nhs but bin men, plumbers, warehouse staff, transport workers, factory workers etc
The entitlement to think we should all clap your precious little petal for having to stay home over all these people is insane.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
But is good for you mental health classed as essential. Genuine question I don’t have the answer. My husband says there were 9 people who died yesterday in a murder/suicide he said because of the lockdown... I didn’t read it myself. He thinks the cure will kill many too (ie the lockdown because of mental health reasons) so if people can keep up their hobbies safely at home I would say that’s a positive thing
I'm seeing this a lot now, that purchases are OK because it's essential as it helps mental health but where does it need to stop?

We've got a courier on Facebook moaning because she's delivering parcels from clothing companies that she's decided are not essential but people are saying we'll that big shopping order might have pulled someone back from killing themselves so be kind.

If everything starts going back to "well its good for my mental health" then every isolation rule can be broken and defeats the point of lockdown.

Reactions: 9
Ugh I’m getting tired of being told to “clap for this clap for that”. Just feels like it’s getting out of hand. Maybe it’s a real life representation of how the nation is collectively losing their minds. By the end of lockdown we’ll be clapping at our front doors because the sun has risen.

Idk about anyone else’s kids but mine barely have a clue. They know what the virus is called and that it can be dangerous hence why we have to stay in. They miss their friends of course, but they’re loving life at the moment with no school, endless Disney+, minimal school work and both of us at home so they can drive us both crackers. Im sure some kids are more anxious than others but come on.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.