Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've resisted posting on these threads, because I try not to focus on what is happening. However.... I have become obsessed with reading Mumsnet and all the mental cunts bemoaning their neighbours leaving their houses more than once a day. Or even daring to pop to the shop more than once a day.
I am totally in love with so many curtain twitchers monitoring the people they have never spoken to and deciding that they are clearly well and have no issues, so why are they going out for fish fingers ArE FiSh FINgers EsSenTIaL ShopPING?
I used to be a regular mumsnetter back in the day 😁 but your reference to the ‘mental cunts’ reminds me why I left , cheers 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm seeing this a lot now, that purchases are OK because it's essential as it helps mental health but where does it need to stop?

We've got a courier on Facebook moaning because she's delivering parcels from clothing companies that she's decided are not essential but people are saying we'll that big shopping order might have pulled someone back from killing themselves so be kind.

If everything starts going back to "well its good for my mental health" then every isolation rule can be broken and defeats the point of lockdown.
I feel victimised, insta sponsored loungewear is good for my mental health, alright?!

Reactions: 6
Had to leave our local group after a lady asked where she could buy children's clothes as her children had a growth spurt.

The comments telling her they don't need shoes and can make do with too small clothes on a lockdown 🙄 children won't stop growing while we are staying at home.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I feel victimised, insta sponsored loungewear is good for my mental health, alright?!
Yeah absolutely. As are online sweet delivery boxes that have been recommended and opal fruits from Poundland.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just read this aswell, saying public sunbathing is not allowed after the flouters yesterday, I rang my mum and told her she went 🤬, every other word was f-ing she never swears!, here's what she said without the expletives, what the hell are these people playing at! Going sunbathing picnicking and having 18th birthday party's, people can't even be with loved ones at the end or attend funerals for loved ones that have passed away!! And they think it's OK to do that! Stupid c#*%s. I totally agree the selfish turds. Makes you so 😠

• Angry
Reactions: 11
A 20-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly wiping his saliva on products in a Dorset supermarket.

The man entered the Lidl store on St Andrews Road in Bridport wearing a face mask and gloves at about 2pm on Friday, Dorset Police said.

He was seen to lower the mask and lick his fingers before “purposefully” rubbing them onto an item in the store.

The force said the individual was arrested and charged with an offence of contaminating or interfering with goods with intent under Section 38 of the Public Order Act 1986. He is due to appear before Weymouth Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Dorset Police said the suspect did not have a confirmed case of Covid-19 and was not displaying any symptoms.

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I'm seeing this a lot now, that purchases are OK because it's essential as it helps mental health but where does it need to stop?

We've got a courier on Facebook moaning because she's delivering parcels from clothing companies that she's decided are not essential but people are saying we'll that big shopping order might have pulled someone back from killing themselves so be kind.

If everything starts going back to "well its good for my mental health" then every isolation rule can be broken and defeats the point of lockdown.
I totally get what you’re saying and you’re right where does it stop. But it was a genuine question. There has to be a balance because otherwise the cure to the virus could become lethal in itself. It’s new times nobody knows the answer. But for me if I can get some garden stuff on my essential weekly shop then I will. (not me as I don’t garden but you get the gist!) ordering stuff online I totally get. But it’s for the government to be stricter if these shops are still trading there will always be people who’ll do it. I’ve no intention of clothes shopping for me but my baby will need stuff at some point as I didn’t go mad before he was born. I’ll just do a one trip to Asda in my weekly shop and get stuff there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Had to leave our local group after a lady asked where she could buy children's clothes as her children had a growth spurt.

The comments telling her they don't need shoes and can make do with too small clothes on a lockdown 🙄 children won't stop growing while we are staying at home.
If lockdown has taught me one thing, it’s that few people know what ‘essential’ means. If your children need clothes because they’ve grown, that’s essential! :rolleyes:

Why is it that most people seem to think either essentials are non-essential, or non-essentials are essentials. I don’t think the concept is that difficult to grasp

They’d have hated me I had a large order of clothes delivered for my kids last week because one of them especially had grown out of a lot of stuff. We have no idea how long this is going to go on for.

Imagine being forced to wear clothes & shoes that were too small, it’s not the worst thing (although poor fitting shoes are pretty bad) sure but it’s not exactly nice either. Yes we’re only at home but they are people too who need and deserve the basics like clothes that fit.

Yeah, I have kids too and think it’s stupid. Could be worse for them, they could be being evacuated to the countryside. 🙄

At this rate we’ll have different days clapping and rattling pots for different groups. Why can’t we just have one collective applause for everyone? Or better yet, none at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How absolutely disgusting are those big organisations wanting to furlough their staff?! The likes of premier league football clubs and top shop whos bosses have more than enough money to not only pay their staffs wages bit to pay most other people’s too. I feel sickened that their using a government scheme to keep all their money and still make profit in a time of crisis and uncertainty.

I’m a key worker as I work for the NHS. I get paid £9 and hour to put my life at risk and look after people who are affected by this. I can’t stay at home, I don’t live in a great big house, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pay my bills/rent and yet these absolute wank stains are being greedy cunts for doing duck all.

The government will probably give them the money too. They should be donating money to the people who need it and stop being so selfish thinking about themselves. I’m sick of people playing the whole ‘woe is me’ card bitching about being indoors when some of us don’t have a choice.

I feel so done. This world is just full of selfish pricks who have so much money they don’t know what to do with themselves. It would take me years to even come close to earning how much some of these people earn in a week.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
If lockdown has taught me one thing, it’s that few people know what ‘essential’ means. If your children need clothes because they’ve grown, that’s essential! :rolleyes:

Why is it that most people seem to think either essentials are non-essential, or non-essentials are essentials. I don’t think the concept is that difficult to grasp
Because what I found over the years personally via freinds is we have different priorities and class different things as essential.
Freinds who led the high life loads clothes going out and holidays are struggling the most right now.
My kids have hand me downs from each other and cousin.
Plus charity shop and carboot clothes.
Sometimes fb market place.

Reactions: 9
Jesus....if they're clapping for kids I expect a daily round of applause AND a Blue Peter badge for parenting without becoming an alcoholic. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29
This was posted in mind too. Big eye roll.

My ‘little heroes’ are dealing with it better than me. What’s next, clap for the OAPs? If you’re gonna do it just leave it for the NHS. Loses the effect if you do it for bloody everyone
Does anyone else think that some idiot thinks up these ideas in the hope that they become viral and then they can brag “That was my idea?”.
I does demean the NHS clap if we do it for everyone.
I think I’m becoming more cynical with each day of this...

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.