Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Read it's not till 8pm
I feel like it's a strange time for it. You would think they would show it on a Sunday afternoon like 4pm or something. Also I think it's a bit strange in general not sure what the point of it is ? I guess it might make some older generations feel happy ?

_______________​

Ok I can't share the video as saw it on Facebook and can't find it else where.

An idea to make a face shield if anyone is desperate. Get a hairband (Aliceband) and take an A4 plastic Polly pocket (the ones you use to keep paper in a ringbinder) cut a slit at the top of the strip for attaching into the folder then feed the hairband through this strip so it curves around the hairband and you have a face shield.

Hope that makes sense !

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Apologies I am not very scientific but I have made effort to read and watxh a few scientists on the news to try and understand.

I think I do have faith in Harris, valence and witty.
What I don't think we doing is tracing and testing.
Also enough personal protective equipment and maybe some to respond but no where near as poor and slow a response as USA.

It's my understanding isolating the vunerable and reducing contact just staggers people getting it and so that the NHS can manage the increasing numbers of people who require hospitalization.
At 1st we were told all deaths were old or underlying health conditions this no longer seems to be the case.
Based on other countries is this a small anomaly of young healthy people that have extreme reaction to the virus.
Also how many strains are there 2 or more as biologist says they can track where they caught it. Iceland the country did interesting study on it.
I watch some non UK news channels get some perspective and feels like we coping better than Italy/ France and Spain or is that just my perception?
Never been so lucky to have the NHS.
Are we close to a vaccine?
Some articles have said it's hard measure different countries as they all have different approach.
Sweden is not lockdown and has low number of cases.

What's your exit strategy?
After we hit the peak is it safe to remove lockdown but keep up social distancing ?
I imagine if a patient is in cardiac arrest it's hard medical staff to intervene and keep 2 metre distance from each other.
Is reaching the peak a positive thing.
Or did China and Italy get 2nd wave.
China claims to have just 30 cases yesterday do we trust the info China puts out based in way they have enforced lockdown and propoganda?
I'm not anti China by the way they sending masks and ventilator to other countries even doctors.
They by no means a perfect country but now is not the time for self protectionism like trump is trying hard to do put America 1st on supplies , ventilator and vaccines but yet handling crisis badly and accusing new York state hoarding ventilators and stealing masks.
I assume US election be put back.
I worry for some relatives who live in America.

Reactions: 3
My neighbour had their daughter and grandson over yesterday! I was stood in my kitchen fuming. I bet my mum would love to see me and my son (as we would her) but we’re making that sacrifice!! Not to mention my neighbour is a key worker so going out to work every day! Why would you risk your daughter or grandson catching something from you??
Me and my 2 boys have been talking to my parents every other day through their window, I thought we would do the same with my mother in law. She opened the door and came out and was going to let the boys go in her house. Thankfully my 5 year old knew better! She’s working on a Coronavirus ward in the local hospital too 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I’m curious, I can’t see how when these restrictions are lifted how busy shops/bars/restaurants ect will be allows to just open again. Do you think they will be the last to open back up, or open with social distancing measures in place?
I can’t imagine feeling safe going back to work, where is busy and crowded.

Reactions: 4
I also had the most vile cough and really flu like illness mid December started 17th and I was ill for a month all together. Am praying it was CV. It was so like the symptoms described.
I had the same in January for about 3 weeks. Drs said it was a chest infection and i had some antibiotics (cant say they did alot, died down a few weeks after).

Both of my kids had coughs and temps after. Calpol and calpol plug ins helped. My partner slept on the sofa. I had a 7 month in bed with me and my 6 y/o on the floor next to me in her peppa pig blow up bed 😐

Looking back I really hope it was CV and I was none the wiser. I'd have been worried sick if I knew about it and my babies were that poorly.

Reactions: 5
Surely businesses that can operate working from home should stay that way for a prolonged period. My office is 200+ open plan, barely 50cm between people. My bosses are talking about when we go back into the office in a few weeks - really?!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Me and my 2 boys have been talking to my parents every other day through their window, I thought we would do the same with my mother in law. She opened the door and came out and was going to let the boys go in her house. Thankfully my 5 year old knew better! She’s working on a Coronavirus ward in the local hospital too 🤦🏼‍♀️
My partner stupidly went into his parents house last week. Said they invited him and the kids in and felt he should have said no but didn’t??? I wasn’t impressed at his parents for inviting them in in the first place and him for accepting the invite! Bet the neighbours were judging.

Sad that normal everyday things such as going to your parents house are not allowed for now. But it’s for our own good.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Morning all.
Just been reading the online papers.
I cannot believe the stupidity of some Londoners.
Are they not reading or hearing the same news as the rest of the country?
It seems to be business as usual for many. Yesterday a London council had to close a park because it was so busy.
I don’t understand why they aren’t staying home, especially since the death rate in London is so high.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My parents are convinced we had it in January, myself, my son, partner , mum and dad & brother all came down with it. We had an awful cough, lethargy, temp,and sore all over. It started as a sore throat for me then developed the cough and feeling awful for weeks before fully recovered. My mum said it wasn't like anything she had before.

My son had his 1 year vaccinations when he was not quite over it and reacted to them. He had a wee cough for a while as well.

I wasn't long back after maternity leave and was scared to take sick leave so soon, but was able to use up leave I had so I don't think I spread it around much. My brother had flown back from working in the US in the fortnight before we all came down with whatever it was... it's so hard to know and I really want an antibody test. Obviously I'm acting like I haven't had it and staying inside as much as possible. It's hard as my partner is currently working abroad and I'm alone with my son. Missing my parents, friends and being able to do what I want.

Reactions: 8
My worry is that sadly most of the general population need everything in layman’s terms and without someone saying you cannot do this, this and this I feel like some people just don’t get it. I know it sounds mean but I’ve always been on the side of act as if everyone has one brain cell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They need to up the fine. Start slapping about fines for a couple of hundred - 1000 and/or jail time. People might start listening then.
We need to go the way of Spain. There are so many idiots that are ruining it for everyone. There’s people calling people snitches and telling them to mind their own business when they put posts on SM regarding people flouting the instructions given by the Government. On the big DIY page people think it’s OK to go out to but tit and tat from B&M because it’s open, what part of only go out for food do they not understand? 😡 People are loosing loved ones and can’t be there when they pass, when they are buried. Children for fucks sake. I’m bleeping sick of it. Bring on total lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m curious, I can’t see how when these restrictions are lifted how busy shops/bars/restaurants ect will be allows to just open again. Do you think they will be the last to open back up, or open with social distancing measures in place?
I can’t imagine feeling safe going back to work, where is busy and crowded.
This is my personal opinion.... schools should reopen part time in July to release some more of the virus and then be shut again for the six weeks holidays. Then maybe close family allowed to see each other at some point after that. Certain jobs allowed to return at a point after that, maybe cafes and restaurants observing two metres at some point after that... it’ll be Christmas before pubs etc can reopen. Unless of course it all blows over like my husband thinks it will 😂

Reactions: 6
My parents are convinced we had it in January, myself, my son, partner , mum and dad & brother all came down with it. We had an awful cough, lethargy, temp,and sore all over. It started as a sore throat for me then developed the cough and feeling awful for weeks before fully recovered. My mum said it wasn't like anything she had before.

My son had his 1 year vaccinations when he was not quite over it and reacted to them. He had a wee cough for a while as well.

I wasn't long back after maternity leave and was scared to take sick leave so soon, but was able to use up leave I had so I don't think I spread it around much. My brother had flown back from working in the US in the fortnight before we all came down with whatever it was... it's so hard to know and I really want an antibody test. Obviously I'm acting like I haven't had it and staying inside as much as possible. It's hard as my partner is currently working abroad and I'm alone with my son. Missing my parents, friends and being able to do what I want.
There was certainly something going round beginning of this year, my friend was worried about two of her colleagues who had come back from a conference in China and both had shocking chests, she kept telling me how concerned she was particularly the older one she thought he might die

Whether it was Coronavirus or something else we won’t know now

We need to go the way of Spain. There are so many idiots that are ruining it for everyone. There’s people calling people snitches and telling them to mind their own business when they put posts on SM regarding people flouting the instructions given by the Government. On the big DIY page people think it’s OK to go out to but tit and tat from B&M because it’s open, what part of only go out for food do they not understand? 😡 People are loosing loved ones and can’t be there when they pass, when they are buried. Children for fucks sake. I’m bleeping sick of it. Bring on total lockdown.
it’s so awkward because now b&q have changed that they’re doing a contact free delivery service so it’s such a mixed message. I feel like if shops can offer a way to buy things that keep staff and the public safe then it’s good because it keeps the economy going and there’s one less business hopefully closing. But on the other hand, it’s not really essential 🤷🏻‍♀️ We have an order to pick up Tomorrow to keep us busy for the next few weeks and the only reason I’ve done it is because my husband won’t see a soul picking it up. If we had to go Into store then not a chance.

it’s so awkward because now b&q have changed that they’re doing a contact free delivery service so it’s such a mixed message. I feel like if shops can offer a way to buy things that keep staff and the public safe then it’s good because it keeps the economy going and there’s one less business hopefully closing. But on the other hand, it’s not really essential 🤷🏻‍♀️ We have an order to pick up Tomorrow to keep us busy for the next few weeks and the only reason I’ve done it is because my husband won’t see a soul picking it up. If we had to go Into store then not a chance.
But is good for you mental health classed as essential. Genuine question I don’t have the answer. My husband says there were 9 people who died yesterday in a murder/suicide he said because of the lockdown... I didn’t read it myself. He thinks the cure will kill many too (ie the lockdown because of mental health reasons) so if people can keep up their hobbies safely at home I would say that’s a positive thing

But is good for you mental health classed as essential. Genuine question I don’t have the answer. My husband says there were 9 people who died yesterday in a murder/suicide he said because of the lockdown... I didn’t read it myself. He thinks the cure will kill many too (ie the lockdown because of mental health reasons) so if people can keep up their hobbies safely at home I would say that’s a positive thing
I wholeheartedly agree. I think it’s finding that balance where everyone is safe and able to work in a way they feel happy they have adequate space to work and the same to collect.
I don’t really like to order online because there’s such a mix of reporting on how good the warehouses are so I feel like personally that’s a good mix for us.
But I do think people need to be able to either work or do a hobby to keep themselves occupied. If shops can work out this balance then it would be great for the foreseeable

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.