Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it’s so awkward because now b&q have changed that they’re doing a contact free delivery service so it’s such a mixed message. I feel like if shops can offer a way to buy things that keep staff and the public safe then it’s good because it keeps the economy going and there’s one less business hopefully closing. But on the other hand, it’s not really essential 🤷🏻‍♀️ We have an order to pick up Tomorrow to keep us busy for the next few weeks and the only reason I’ve done it is because my husband won’t see a soul picking it up. If we had to go Into store then not a chance.
I know what you mean.
My husband likes to keep busy. He has to stay home right now due to a health condition. He’s been finding tins of paint in the garage and painting anything that doesn’t move!
He wants to lay some patio slabs but needs sand.
Our local hardware shop are doing deliveries. I know they could deliver on to our drive and we could collect it once they’ve left.
However, because I’ve been moaning about people going out for non essential shopping, I’d feel such a hypocrite if we did order. Although we wouldn’t be going out ourselves, we would be expecting someone else to. However, I know it would do my husband good to keep active. It’s a hard one.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My worry is that sadly most of the general population need everything in layman’s terms and without someone saying you cannot do this, this and this I feel like some people just don’t get it. I know it sounds mean but I’ve always been on the side of act as if everyone has one brain cell 😂
No word of a lie there was a discussion on my local residents fb group about whether it was ok to sit on a bench and eat a sandwich whilst on your daily walk (of course it’s not), but it descended into someone arguing the toss over whether they could give their 2yo a sandwich in the push chair whilst on the walk, when that wasn’t even the point in the first place, it’s bloody weird. Like people are waiting for you to go “no you can’t do that” so they can kick off.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've resisted posting on these threads, because I try not to focus on what is happening. However.... I have become obsessed with reading Mumsnet and all the mental cunts bemoaning their neighbours leaving their houses more than once a day. Or even daring to pop to the shop more than once a day.
I am totally in love with so many curtain twitchers monitoring the people they have never spoken to and deciding that they are clearly well and have no issues, so why are they going out for fish fingers ArE FiSh FINgers EsSenTIaL ShopPING?
Be careful a lot of people on this thread love a good curtain twitch 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think he’s gone into hiding for fear of a collective happy birthday being sung
I have visions of Tattlers up and down the country singing ‘happy birthday Mr Chief Medical Officer’ in a Marilyn Monroe esc.. style voice 🤣🤣
I’ve clearly been in lockdown too long!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I know what you mean.
My husband likes to keep busy. He has to stay home right now due to a health condition. He’s been finding tins of paint in the garage and painting anything that doesn’t move!
Our local hardware shop are doing deliveries. I know they could deliver on to our drive and we could collect it once they’ve left.
However, because I’ve been moaning about people going out for non essential shopping, I’d feel such a hypocrite if we did order. Although we wouldn’t be going out ourselves, we would be expecting someone else to. However, I know it would do my husband good to keep active. It’s a hard one.
I think that as said above if it’s essential is held in regard to it keeps him busy, active and mentally sound is essential. Non essential to me is clothes (for the sake of it) or stuff you know you really could wait for! I think if there’s no people involved In the delivery go for it 🙌🏻

No word of a lie there was a discussion on my local residents fb group about whether it was ok to sit on a bench and eat a sandwich whilst on your daily walk (of course it’s not), but it descended into someone arguing the toss over whether they could give their 2yo a sandwich in the push chair whilst on the walk, when that wasn’t even the point in the first place, it’s bloody weird. Like people are waiting for you to go “no you can’t do that” so they can kick off.
Jeeeez this is why I’m not on my local page. I got sick of them moaning about dog tit and couldn’t be arsed with it! Some people go looking for an argument and it despairs me!

I know what you mean.

I'm in same boat. Husband need be kept busy.
We brought a doer upper and there's so much to do.
He's doing what he can with what we already had from diy stockpile.
He works retail non essential non food.
He works often 6 days weeks least 40 hours evenings weekends bank holidays.
The kids are enjoying having daddy home.
I think for his mental health it's good for him to keep busy.
We had planned to do 1 room and the garden this spring now we can't buy the bits to do either.
Garden need a levelling so lots top soil turf decking sand and paving slabs.
Right now it's not pretty or very safe for the kids and it's their only outdoor space not that in moaning we lucky enough to have a garden and some outdoor toys to amuse them.
We also have a local allotment which is permitted he's been there once short drive although means we lose parking space in the street.
I said let's just plant as much as we can as we might be glad fresh produce for ourselves local freinds and neighbours if the crisis continues for 6months.
Lots allotment holders are elderly and self isolating.
At the moment I feel like we made to feel guilty no matter what we do in lock down.
When I went to small high street pick up prescription the small independent hardware store had some stuff and plants with no one in it.
I worry it will go if no one uses.
Same with 2 local independent pet shops that sell food , accessories and equipments not actual pets.
My mum said screwfix is open click and collect.
Argos is open in sainsburys stores again click and collect .
Lidls and aldis sell some seeds and garden stuff as does Morrisons.
Our local b&m was ex focus and has outdoor garden section.

On the other hand I want to support local independent small business going if they still permitted to operate so people still have jobs and onxome.
We were downturn on economy before virus some companies just dont have working capital and cash flow to be shut for months and still pay employee.
I know it's balance between health and economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My worry is that sadly most of the general population need everything in layman’s terms and without someone saying you cannot do this, this and this I feel like some people just don’t get it. I know it sounds mean but I’ve always been on the side of act as if everyone has one brain cell 😂
100% agree with this! A lot of people do only appear to have one brain cell anyway 😂

• Haha
Important distinction based on what I have seen in work and limited amount time eseential food shopping.
It's not just young breaking the rules it's OAP too good I had give my mum a stern talking to.
Do we think older generation will listen to the queen.
Do we think this crisis will see the common wealth countries working closer together.

Reactions: 3
Just logged out of Facebook and dont plan on logging in until this is all over. It's literally just people sharing the same tit, putting the same tit as their status and bragging about the same tit. And my local Facebook group is full of people moaning about other people and moaning about morrisons and Tesco. Thank god for tattle lol.

Reactions: 15
No it's crap from all angles I agree.
Things that help here is trying separate us and keep the day lovely structured in routine.
We don't have a strict home school schedule here and I can't always keep up with the relentless worksheets school send out.

Husbands off work and that's an adjustment as he always likes to be busy and we have different parenting styles.
Ideally he buy load stuff for garden and get busy but he can't even do that.

Things that help here that not sure would help you.
I try do hour maths, hour if English and hour for activity a day anything extra more creative quiet time is a bonus.
I try encourage them to read each day and not spend all day on phone and tablets.
I do try get them all agree on movie in the afternoon or programme that keeps then all quiet whilst I have some space.
I have toddler so thats enforced quiet time where they go to their rooms or in the garden and I watch trashy tv recorded on sky.

If they argue I separate them into different rooms.
If it gets too much i tell husband they yours.
I either have an hour in living room, my bedroom or run a bath.
Sometimes I linger in front garden for ages putting recycling out.
I don't watch too much news.
Trying to restrict how much social media as it's having negative effect on my mental health.
I keep to strict bedtime mid week as otherwise it's like a shift that never ends.
I try and set things up for next day so ensure lounge/ dining room and kitchen is clean and tidy.
I make the beds.
I encourage kids to tidy as they go along.
I have set meal times and ration snacks.
I do 3 loads washing a say so try hard to keep up with that.
I enjoy cooking and find slow cooker and batch is making life bit easier as means I have days where I don't cook and just reheat.

I am lucky I work so thats a break I walk some side back streets so don't see many.
Also as we self isolated and not quarantined I'm leaving to do food shopping as and when.
We live near parks but I'm avoiding as they busy.
We fortunate we have a garden.
Wow you seem to have nailed it! Wish I could follow a similar structured routine it just seems harder when there is so much time in the day.xx

Just logged out of Facebook and dont plan on logging in until this is all over. It's literally just people sharing the same tit, putting the same tit as their status and bragging about the same tit. And my local Facebook group is full of people moaning about other people and moaning about morrisons and Tesco. Thank god for tattle lol.
Here here. Left a few groups
Unfollowed a few people.
Had few people attack all sorts choices I make.
Right now I'm fearful of posting anything other than uplifting postive links and cute pics of the kids for family who are relying more on Facebook more than ever.
Also it's useful have some local groups and school/education linked groups .
Instagram is seeming less insane and intense right now which is odd.

Facebook is full of competitive parents who are flexing their “homeschooling” skills.
“So proud of my two year old son, Plato, who wrote a symphony on his Fisher Price keyboard today”

Give me strength, please.
Those uptight parents need a good shag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I have visions of Tattlers up and down the country singing ‘happy birthday Mr Chief Medical Officer’ in a Marilyn Monroe esc.. style voice 🤣🤣
I’ve clearly been in lockdown too long!
whilst washing our hands thoroughly 👐🏻

Wow you seem to have nailed it! Wish I could follow a similar structured routine it just seems harder when there is so much time in the day.xx
I wouldn't say I nailed it but thanks.
One thing I would say is be flexible we all adapting.
We have no working printer at home which is proper pain.
I find rather than set hour slots set time blocks. So 9-12 academic time allows flexibility with naughty toddler and nap time.
As weather's been nice we done less sit down work and more garden time.
We have large trampoline.
Because if we get a week where it rains then we will sit down at table do more written and craft work.
My son has SEN so I go with his moods.
I'm.not pushing him to do stuff or too much if he's not in the mood as it's counter productive.
I find online maths great as they can do that independently and have demos to explain how they get to a answer.
Maths factor and ixl maths are great.
Wash hands regular.
Clean one or casual clothes each day and bed made.
I don't let them sleep late on a week day.

• Heart
Facebook is full of competitive parents who are flexing their “homeschooling” skills.
“So proud of my two year old son, Plato, who wrote a symphony on his Fisher Price keyboard today”

Give me strength, please.
Someone in my local group wants to do a “Clap for the kids” at 3pm today to show them we appreciate how hard it is for them! :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I wonder about some people 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.