Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly what you mean fb double edged sword for sure.
The notion of be kind always you never know what someone's going through is long gone it's relentless judgement/ guilt.
I had go chemist yesterday pick up prescription it seemed busy with so many people exercising.

I wondered if the government have strategy of specific % of people to stay at Home to have affect and that the idiots breaking the rules are maybe a minority but seen worse and like there's more if them because on social media and news peppers keep focussing on say the 10% breaking the rules

Feeling negative and down past few days.
Been trying to stay postive
The news is very bleak and I am deeply anxious about getting the virus or any of my family.
As I work in food retail I am classed as keyworker and I am taking all the precaution I can in work.

In other news America stole pp masks from Asia destined for Germany and the German government have accused USA of piracy and protectionism.
This is on top of don't send Canada ventilators and trying make sure America's 1st in queue for vaccine.
I mean OMG poor American citizens he's handled this crisis so badly.

Looks like Debenhams and cath kidston going into administration.
Sad as did my wedding list at Debenhams and had fab service from reading Debenhams at Xmas when shopping although my nearest is very tired looking these days.
I have freind who works for landlords to negociate rents.
Many businesses asking rent breaks and reduced rents plus they have a break on rates.
Makes me wonder after all this is over how many shops will reopen I foresee UK losing a few well known names.
A close freinds been asked to take 5% paycut so they can keep the company going.
The financial effects if the virus is worrying.
Halifax granted us a mortage break so we saving that money as who knows if governing guarantee longer than 80% or how long restrictions/ lockdown will go on.
I can totally relate to the anxiety. I had a really bad few days at the beginning of the week, not helped by social media (except this site). Some have talked about being a process such as grief. Disbelief, anger, acceptance etc and I think that's probably true.
I am feeling ok ish atm but am expecting to dip again next week when I was meant to be at the seaside.

I think there are huge numbers of businesses that will go bust, some well know names included and I feel desperately sad for all their employees.

I'm sorry you have to go out and risk your health every day. You have my utmost admiration. I shall keep everything crossed that you and yours manage to avoid being unwell.

Reactions: 9
I can totally relate to the anxiety. I had a really bad few days at the beginning of the week, not helped by social media (except this site). Some have talked about being a process such as grief. Disbelief, anger, acceptance etc and I think that's probably true.
I am feeling ok ish atm but am expecting to dip again next week when I was meant to be at the seaside.

I think there are huge numbers of businesses that will go bust, some well know names included and I feel desperately sad for all their employees.

I'm sorry you have to go out and risk your health every day. You have my utmost admiration. I shall keep everything crossed that you and yours manage to avoid being unwell.
Thank you that's so kind.
I feel lucky to have a job right now as husband is furlough on probably low pay so we just trying do everything we can financially keep our family afloat.
It's the not knowing how long will last.
April is last normal pay packet.
June we have no idea so overpaying some bills now and taking mortage break to help us in june.
My employers being very sensible we have screens. Masks. Hand sanitizer/ wipes and restricted amount of people in store I onky work 3 shifts.

This Tuesday my kids have been in the house for 3 weeks as I kept them off before Boris closed the schools.

I think it's a real emotional rollercoaster I can be up and down all in the same day.
Sometimes the news or kids arguing can set me off.
I worry reading other accounts that the 2 common symptoms covid be new cough and temp not always accurate.
So if ever I have a day I feel shattered or headache I worry what if this is the start.
I worry about family who live far away and in one of UK hot spots.

Reactions: 8
Thank you that's so kind.
I feel lucky to have a job right now as husband is furlough on probably low pay so we just trying do everything we can financially keep our family afloat.
It's the not knowing how long will last.
April is last normal pay packet.
June we have no idea so overpaying some bills now and taking mortage break to help us in june.
My employers being very sensible we have screens. Masks. Hand sanitizer/ wipes and restricted amount of people in store I onky work 3 shifts.

This Tuesday my kids have been in the house for 3 weeks as I kept them off before Boris closed the schools.

I think it's a real emotional rollercoaster I can be up and down all in the same day.
Sometimes the news or kids arguing can set me off.
I worry reading other accounts that the 2 common symptoms covid be new cough and temp not always accurate.
So if ever I have a day I feel shattered or headache I worry what if this is the start.
I worry about family who live far away and in one of UK hot spots.
I understand your fears and I share them. Sending you a huge virtual hug 🤗

Reactions: 6
Apparently it’s Chris Whitty’s birthday on the 21st April and my local FB group are thinking about singing happy birthday on their doorstep on that day.
I know he has some fans on here... :)
Has there been any news whether he has Covid-19?

Reactions: 1
I understand your fears and I share them. Sending you a huge virtual hug 🤗
Thanks I worry about the kids and older relatives more than my self however will mean no work and quarantine for everyone for 14days.
Thankfully we have lots of food and all bills for march covered.
A few people I know think they had it not tested and said not pleasant but they got through it.
It almost seems inevitable that everyone get it as soon as lockdown ends.
Just cases like 14 year old and 5 year old made me a much more anxious mum than normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Well today has been a joke for me! I’ve been up and down like a yo yo! It’s definitely hit me today like a wave! I’ve managed to be positive till today! I shouldn’t moan as people have it really hard atm like key workers or people who have health conditions etc. I don’t have kids, health conditions so I’m lucky! But man have I been down today I couldn’t stop crying for about an hour! Over something silly. Think it’s because I feel stuck normally so this self isolation hasn’t helped! I’ve been desperately looking for a job for four months since my last one finished and I’ve finally got one so I should be happy :) I’m starting at morrisons! Sorry to rant!! Just felt like a right witch today I’ve been so moody xxxx hope everyone is okay xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Apparently the first recorded case was in China on the 17th of November a 55yr old man so🤷‍♀️
There was a British man who did a video for the bbc who had this in November that was later diagnosed as Coronavirus. It’s definitely been around for longer so that must have meant it travelled to other places sooner as well

Reactions: 7
Well today has been a joke for me! I’ve been up and down like a yo yo! It’s definitely hit me today like a wave! I’ve managed to be positive till today! I shouldn’t moan as people have it really hard atm like key workers or people who have health conditions etc. I don’t have kids, health conditions so I’m lucky! But man have I been down today I couldn’t stop crying for about an hour! Over something silly. Think it’s because I feel stuck normally so this self isolation hasn’t helped! I’ve been desperately looking for a job for four months since my last one finished and I’ve finally got one so I should be happy :) I’m starting at morrisons! Sorry to rant!! Just felt like a right witch today I’ve been so moody xxxx hope everyone is okay xxx
No need to apologise this situation is hard on everyone's mental health regardless of your line of work or if you have kids.
It's probably healthy to have a cry and acknowledge your feelings where as I try and pretend everything's ok in the day as don't want to stress the kids.
It's evenings and night time I dwell on it and can't sleep.

Congrats on the job and good luck.

• Heart
No need to apologise this situation is hard on everyone's mental health regardless of your line of work or if you have kids.
It's probably healthy to have a cry and acknowledge your feelings where as I try and pretend everything's ok in the day as don't want to stress the kids.
It's evenings and night time I dwell on it and can't sleep.

Congrats on the job and good luck.
It is hard with kids, I desperately need some quiet time. But saying that I don’t get time to think. If I didn’t have kids I’d probably get very lonely and be stressing about having to be in work. I don’t think a anybody is in an ideal situation. Like my parents are retired and get to go for their daily walk and just chill but they can’t meet their new grandson which is really upsetting them. Nobody has a good situation.

Reactions: 5
It is hard with kids, I desperately need some quiet time. But saying that I don’t get time to think. If I didn’t have kids I’d probably get very lonely and be stressing about having to be in work. I don’t think a anybody is in an ideal situation. Like my parents are retired and get to go for their daily walk and just chill but they can’t meet their new grandson which is really upsetting them. Nobody has a good situation.
No it's crap from all angles I agree.
Things that help here is trying separate us and keep the day lovely structured in routine.
We don't have a strict home school schedule here and I can't always keep up with the relentless worksheets school send out.

Husbands off work and that's an adjustment as he always likes to be busy and we have different parenting styles.
Ideally he buy load stuff for garden and get busy but he can't even do that.

Things that help here that not sure would help you.
I try do hour maths, hour if English and hour for activity a day anything extra more creative quiet time is a bonus.
I try encourage them to read each day and not spend all day on phone and tablets.
I do try get them all agree on movie in the afternoon or programme that keeps then all quiet whilst I have some space.
I have toddler so thats enforced quiet time where they go to their rooms or in the garden and I watch trashy tv recorded on sky.

If they argue I separate them into different rooms.
If it gets too much i tell husband they yours.
I either have an hour in living room, my bedroom or run a bath.
Sometimes I linger in front garden for ages putting recycling out.
I don't watch too much news.
Trying to restrict how much social media as it's having negative effect on my mental health.
I keep to strict bedtime mid week as otherwise it's like a shift that never ends.
I try and set things up for next day so ensure lounge/ dining room and kitchen is clean and tidy.
I make the beds.
I encourage kids to tidy as they go along.
I have set meal times and ration snacks.
I do 3 loads washing a say so try hard to keep up with that.
I enjoy cooking and find slow cooker and batch is making life bit easier as means I have days where I don't cook and just reheat.

I am lucky I work so thats a break I walk some side back streets so don't see many.
Also as we self isolated and not quarantined I'm leaving to do food shopping as and when.
We live near parks but I'm avoiding as they busy.
We fortunate we have a garden.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That’s crazy!
My neighbour had her daughter and granddaughter round for a picnic and garden games today. Just don’t get it.
My neighbour had their daughter and grandson over yesterday! I was stood in my kitchen fuming. I bet my mum would love to see me and my son (as we would her) but we’re making that sacrifice!! Not to mention my neighbour is a key worker so going out to work every day! Why would you risk your daughter or grandson catching something from you??

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
My neighbour had their daughter and grandson over yesterday! I was stood in my kitchen fuming. I bet my mum would love to see me and my son (as we would her) but we’re making that sacrifice!! Not to mention my neighbour is a key worker so going out to work every day! Why would you risk your daughter or grandson catching something from you??
I'm not sure if this is 'allowed' or not but when I went to Tesco I also got some bits for my mum and dad to save them going out. One of my kids had made pictures for my parents he wanted to give them so I said when I took the shopping to them he could come. We put the shopping and pictures on the doorstep then stood well back in the garden and spoke to them for 10 mins. It was nice to see them in real life and I don't think we broke any rules 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm not sure if this is 'allowed' or not but when I went to Tesco I also got some bits for my mum and dad to save them going out. One of my kids have made pictures for my parents he wanted to give them so I said when I took the shopping to then he could come. We put the shopping and pictures on the doorstep then stood well back in the garden and spoke to them for 10 mins. It was nice to see them in real life and I don't think we broke any rules 😬
That is fine I believe as you’re keeping the 2m distance. They were all in the back garden playing games together for nearly an hour.

Reactions: 9
Oo do you think we’ll get 2 today to make up for not having one yesterday?
I knew I’d been out of sorts all day and now I know why.
We need our daily coronavirus Irish crap post.
What will it be? Leprechauns? Shamrocks? Guinness? Any other Irish stereotypes I can think of...? 😄

Irish twins. Large families. Angela's ashes image.

#loveireland

Reactions: 2
Why does struggling with your emotions make you a witch?

Talking about it isn't moaning. It's always the small things adding up that gets to me too.Your pain is still pain at the end of the day.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.