Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a positive update on the friend of my parents that has it. He is responding well to CPAP! Only has the nasal prongs in now, rather than a mask and his oxygen levels are normal.

Hopefully things will continue this way. Just wanted to add some positivity to the thread. I think we all need it!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
This always makes me laugh about Lidl and Aldi.

10 cash-desks buried behind mounds of chewing gum and fake Twix bars.

one person behind the till, with a Britney headset on.

a queue of 8 people all with overflowing trolleys, and the ninth person with a pack of fake rich tea biscuits and kitchen roll, not realising he’ll be waiting for 45 minutes, it wasn’t really worth the 90p savings and he should have got the mcvities in Asda 😐
and that was pre corona 😬
So it's nationwide then ! I thought it was just in this town 😐

Reactions: 1
honestly people seem so eager to have it! Seen so many people on facebook say they think they had it (they usually all seem to think they've had it before christmas which is ridiculous, honestly) but so many people seem too eager to self diagnose when their symptoms are not those of coronavirus.

it's not something that you WANT guys. jeez.
I know right!..its lke its a badge of honor....I guessed which Facebook Friends would get it weeks ago and was right....four days later and one is back at Yoga

Reactions: 6
The ambulance was with my nanna for 3hours today waiting for the doctor from the hospital to phone them to say weather she allowed in or not. Her local gp, paramedics & hospital gp all agree that they think She has it. Anyway she has been told to stay at home as they think her going in hospital could make her worst. She is 72 still very active, but this has knocked her off her feet completely since last week & is only getting worse. She can hardly string a sentence together through struggling to breath & is delirious. She lives on her own in a second floor flat, we are all worried sick that she is alone & nobody is able to go in & help her.
Terrible the way the elderly are treated their still people at the end of the day ,regardless of how many years they've left in them .I'd insist she's took to hospital she shouldn't be alone in that condition..

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Terrible the way the elderly are treated their still people at the end of the day ,regardless of how many years they've left in them .I'd insist she's took to hospital she shouldn't be alone in that condition..
People need to check if their elderly family have a "do not resuscitate" request. If so, often they're not being taken to hospital. I feel like if they're not being taken to hospital, they should be allowed to stay with family so they aren't alone

Apparently it’s Chris Whitty’s birthday on the 21st April and my local FB group are thinking about singing happy birthday on their doorstep on that day.
I know he has some fans on here... :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
honestly people seem so eager to have it! Seen so many people on facebook say they think they had it (they usually all seem to think they've had it before christmas which is ridiculous, honestly) but so many people seem too eager to self diagnose when their symptoms are not those of coronavirus.

Why would it be ridiculous that people seem to think they had it end of December / beginning of January when the first public case was only two weeks after this ?? Whose to say it wasn’t here before then and people just put it down as bad case of flu ??

Reactions: 20
Apparently it’s Chris Whitty’s birthday on the 21st April and my local FB group are thinking about singing happy birthday on their doorstep on that day.
I know he has some fans on here... :)
Can you please ask them not to.

Regards
Chris.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've resisted posting on these threads, because I try not to focus on what is happening. However.... I have become obsessed with reading Mumsnet and all the mental cunts bemoaning their neighbours leaving their houses more than once a day. Or even daring to pop to the shop more than once a day.
I am totally in love with so many curtain twitchers monitoring the people they have never spoken to and deciding that they are clearly well and have no issues, so why are they going out for fish fingers ArE FiSh FINgers EsSenTIaL ShopPING?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
People need to check if their elderly family have a "do not resuscitate" request. If so, often they're not being taken to hospital. I feel like if they're not being taken to hospital, they should be allowed to stay with family so they aren't alone
Mine do ! but they're in a care home have dementia and are in their 90's, but they agreed to this when they were more" at themselves" with their GP present and explaining things to them,This lady seems to be able to take care of her own affairs and is quite independent so i wouldn't think it would apply in her case .either way no one should be left to suffer alone it's disgusting 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Why is it ridiculous? Pretty sure my daughter had it, she was taken to hospital from gp surgery on 23rd Dec, gp thought she needed to be tested for sepsis, in the end they said she had the flu. She had exact symptoms of this virus the cough was horrendous and non stop. We were kept awake for 3 or 4 nights with the coughing and she lost sense of taste. No cold/runny nose. Temperature of 40+. She had no energy at all and looked so ill. No way was it flu.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Why would it be ridiculous that people seem to think they had it end of December / beginning of January when the first public case was only two weeks after this ?? Whose to say it wasn’t here before then and people just put it down as bad case of flu ??
Apparently the first recorded case was in China on the 17th of November a 55yr old man so🤷‍♀️

It’s not ridiculous at all. It’s actually very likely given this has been circulating longer than was originally reported.

Reactions: 16
Apparently the first recorded case was in China on the 17th of November a 55yr old man so🤷‍♀️
I also had the most vile cough and really flu like illness mid December started 17th and I was ill for a month all together. Am praying it was CV. It was so like the symptoms described.

Reactions: 5
Lidi and Aldi was worth it a while ago when they threw your shopping at you. Now Sharon and Colin shop there and they use infuencers and telly ads it's not really worth it. Especially now Tesco is full of fake brands.
So it's nationwide then ! I thought it was just in this town 😐
I do love the middle isle of tit.

where else can you get Heidi Klum sequin leggings next to an 205 piece drill bit set across from a toaster.

every damn one of them is an essential.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think we need to see Boris be stern. I live next to the Angel of the North and drove past at least 50 people heading to or from that area yesterday. The roads are busy and the queues to the supermarkets are an hour long.

More and more are coming out.

Apparently my uncle has symptoms but the ambulance left him at home. He’s quite poorly. He’s in his 40s.
We must live near each other 👀 I took the kids for a walk to the angel today and pleased to say there was only one family there and it was the quietest I have ever seen it. People walking/running were very respectful on the way as well.

Reactions: 3
I also had the most vile cough and really flu like illness mid December started 17th and I was ill for a month all together. Am praying it was CV. It was so like the symptoms described.
Hopefully if these tests they're talking about get up and running people will know where the stand in regards to immunity(y)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.