Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I think that's the last time I'll to lidl for a while. Shop empty but the line to pay was huge, one particularly annoying woman waited until the person in front left before even unloading on a belt that must have been 3m+ long. Then did it so slowly and went back to wait on the line and the staff had to ask if she wanted to start packing. Then she did that superslowly with all the time in the world. She spent ages asking the staff while paying how much of something she could have. She had 12 boxes of eggs, she needed them all because the other shops were out of them 🤦‍♀️. I know it's minor but so annoying 😬🤪

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Also in the north east, my sister in law was left at home by the ambulance too after struggling for days with symptoms, the shortness of breath the worst. She had oxygen for 2hrs and a glucose drink, and they left her with antibiotics, no steroids which is needed if you have inflammation in the lungs...not even tested. My friend's mother is also very poorly in hospital but hasn't been tested. It's a shambolic state of affairs.
I read the guidelines last week pretty sure you don’t give steroids to covid ptns

Hope your sister in lawyers better soon

Reactions: 5
It’s hit close to me for the first time yesterday. My best friend is 21 and although hasn’t been tested, we’re 99% sure she has it. She has a pacemaker and her heart now keeps dropping because of it. I FaceTimed her for about 3 minutes earlier and she was struggling to talk due to lack of breath. The cough sounded awful, she was so poorly :(. It really does bring it home when it’s someone you know. I’m begging everyone to stay inside!

• Sad
Reactions: 33
It’s hit close to me for the first time yesterday. My best friend is 21 and although hasn’t been tested, we’re 99% sure she has it. She has a pacemaker and her heart now keeps dropping because of it. I FaceTimed her for about 3 minutes earlier and she was struggling to talk due to lack of breath. The cough sounded awful, she was so poorly :(. It really does bring it home when it’s someone you know. I’m begging everyone to stay inside!
Has she phoned 111? Hope she'll be OK. I also know a 21 year old with a pacemaker but luckily she's doing OK so far.

Reactions: 4
Also in the north east, my sister in law was left at home by the ambulance too after struggling for days with symptoms, the shortness of breath the worst. She had oxygen for 2hrs and a glucose drink, and they left her with antibiotics, no steroids which is needed if you have inflammation in the lungs...not even tested. My friend's mother is also very poorly in hospital but hasn't been tested. It's a shambolic state of affairs.
We don’t use steroids for covid as there is evidence they make viral pneumonia worse. I have massive respect for my paramedic colleagues and am sure they would transfer to hospital if there were concerning features. Of course conditions can deteriorate so if she really doesn’t feel safe at home don’t hesitate to call again but I hope she feels better soon and justifies the paramedics letting her stay at home.

Your friend’s mother should be tested if she does have evidence of possible covid related respiratory distress or bilateral interstitial pneumonia. The tests are available in hospital and medics want these patients tested (at least in my hospital), if not for the patient then also so the staff know what they’re dealing with! Maybe you/your friend doesn’t have all the information as there might be a good reason they haven’t tested (confident in alternative diagnosis). If not get your friend to phone up and ask for more information, hopefully he/she will be reassured.

Reactions: 23
This is completely the problem. I’m hoping the tragic deaths of people who had undiagnosed underlying conditions make people think twice. If people are too selfish to follow the rules for the sake of the vulnerable, maybe they’d be more willing if they knew themselves or their loved ones might unknowingly be high risk

The thought of it terrifies me. I’m lucky that most of the people in my life are healthy (as far as I know) but since reading these stories I realise I’ve been taking that for granted. People can live decades with an undiagnosed condition which only becomes apparent when they get seriously ill or die. We can’t assume anyone is safe
Exactly, I used to work with a lovely lady a few years back. She had a stroke when she was in her mid 50s and during examinations of her circulatory system afterwards the medics discovered she had a congenital hole in her heart! She lived all those years and never knew.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Has she phoned 111? Hope she'll be OK. I also know a 21 year old with a pacemaker but luckily she's doing OK so far.
Yeah. They advised just to stay in bed and if she struggles to breath badly for a long period then to phone an ambulance. Hopefully she’ll make a speedy recovery! Shes a prison officer and apparently a few people there have been tested positive so that’ll be where she’s got it from. Just scary when it finally hits someone you know.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I heard from the gossip Queen that is my mother:

1. In London (NW). One woman with Corona virus was out shopping with another woman. She collapsed in the street. The whole area was closed down by the police.

2. The father of a girl who was in my class at primary school is currently in ICU.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Can't help but feel the UK government attempts at trying to stop people from going out by attempting to appeal to their better nature, is doomed to failure. Telling them to save other people's lives by not going out, is pointless when the average oink who's going to the park or the beach for a BBQ doesn't give a tit about other people. Johnson and Hancock would be much better off telling people not to go outside in order to save themselves. These cretins need the fear of God putting up them, not appeals to a better nature they don't have.

Reactions: 37
A Scottish bairns take on coronavius 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Can't help but feel the UK government attempts at trying to stop people from going out by attempting to appeal to their better nature, is doomed to failure. Telling them to save other people's lives by not going out, is pointless when the average oink who's going to the park or the beach for a BBQ doesn't give a tit about other people. Johnson and Hancock would be much better off telling people not to go outside in order to save themselves. These cretins need the fear of God putting up them, not appeals to a better nature they don't have.
Totally agree. I've often thought this when they say save lives I end up thinking hmm loads of people just won't care unless its their own life. People like my ex boyfriend who literally couldn't care less and is still out doing things he wants and moaning that the pubs are shut 🤦‍♀️

Do you feel like they aren’t doing stricter lock down because they know they don’t have the man power to enforce it? It’s very similar to teaching, the police methods they’re using, all about appealing to their better judgement and giving them the opportunity to make the right choice etc etc rather than a straight this is the rule you broke the rule here’s your fine!

It's a joke. I live opposite a field and park in London and people were acting like it was a bloody summer's day. People sunbathing, one woman brought out a deck chair and was sat for three hours, groups playing football and basketball. Can only imagine that it'll be worse with tomorrow's expected weather.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Jeez it's quiet on here wonder is reality finally sinking in 😐

Reactions: 4
They need the business end of a Challenger tank pointed at their stupid faces.

It's a joke. I live opposite a field and park in London and people were acting like it was a bloody summer's day. People sunbathing, one woman brought out a deck chair and was sat for three hours, groups playing football and basketball. Can only imagine that it'll be worse with tomorrow's expected weather.
Just saw that on sky news it's a joke the way people are acting groups of cyclists aswell going about like it's just a normal day :(

• Sad
Oh no Boris pregnant Girlfriend has the symptoms
I don't think otherwise healthy pregnant ladies are considered high risk, but it hasn't even been around long enough for a Corona Mom to give birth and know if it has an effect on the child... I'd be terrified if I was them.

Maybe it hitting so close to home might make him take things more seriously.

Reactions: 3
Hi I was thinking about the poster who had the chart comparing Italy and the UK. I was wondering if you kept logging the stats?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.