Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My OH owns a construction company, legislation is being passed by Friday to get construction back to work (with distancing rules)
If the workforce (his are self employed) don’t agree they won’t be entitled to their government package. This is going to see thousands back to work but seems as though it’s being kept pretty hush hush as no one is discussing it
I have no idea what the UK are doing
Uk construction is still running as long as you can keep social distancing. A number of construction sites
Have closed though.

Reactions: 1
I don't know if im just super over sensitive (high probability I get told im too sensitve all the time🙄) but I found some of the April fool videos today a bit sad. Telling your kids they are going back to school and getting them ready in their uniforms then being like April fools 😄. Some just took it as a laugh but then I seen some kids hystericaly crying either because they didn't want to go back to school/ or because they were excited to see their friends and then told it was a prank. Just felt sad for them x
I seen one where the little boy was upset and his mum was stood cackling filming him
It really really annoyed me!! That poor boy is going to have difficult emotions around this time but for your own mum to laugh at you and then post online is just horrible!!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Uk construction is still running as long as you can keep social distancing. A number of construction sites
Have closed though.
They won’t be, they’re being heavily leant on to get back to work, Other friends workplaces have called them today with letters to sign getting them back to work. This Government isn’t working toward a tighter lockdown it’s working toward getting people back to work ASAP

A friend of mine just came back from Sri Lanka and said loads French & Germans were on the plane. Their own countries refused to let them in. But UK said they could come here till they were allowed back to their own countries. He was shocked when he came through customs that nobody was wearing protective clothing and nobody told them they needed to self isolate when they got here... So I know for a fact this is all true

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I seen one where the little boy was upset and his mum was stood cackling filming him
It really really annoyed me!! That poor boy is going to have difficult emotions around this time but for your own mum to laugh at you and then post online is just horrible!!
Some parents are unbelievable, my main goal in all this is to get my children through it mentally unharmed.

Reactions: 11
They won’t be, they’re being heavily leant on to get back to work, Other friends workplaces have called them today with letters to sign getting them back to work. This Government isn’t working toward a tighter lockdown it’s working toward getting people back to work ASAP

A friend of mine just came back from Sri Lanka and said loads French & Germans were on the plane. Their own countries refused to let them in. But UK said they could come here till they were allowed back to their own countries. He was shocked when he came through customs that nobody was wearing protective clothing and nobody told them they needed to self isolate when they got here... So I know for a fact this is all true
I work for a company who supply to construction sites, we are getting calls daily that sites are closing down meaning we have no one to supply to, it’s getting harder to send the goods into London also. Tough times for all industries in one way or another.

Reactions: 3
Have closed though.
Mostly all of the new built sites are closed my OH is a self employed roofer and is not able to work at the moment.
He has a few jobs for private houses but is unable to do these as all the roof tile suppliers are closed.

Reactions: 3
My OH owns a construction company, legislation is being passed by Friday to get construction back to work (with distancing rules)
If the workforce (his are self employed) don’t agree they won’t be entitled to their government package. This is going to see thousands back to work but seems as though it’s being kept pretty hush hush as no one is discussing it
I have no idea what the UK are doing
How would legislation be passed to get construction sites back to work? There is nothing saying they can’t operate right now. Some are closed but a lot are still open, my husband is in the industry.

Reactions: 5
I don't know if im just super over sensitive (high probability I get told im too sensitve all the time🙄) but I found some of the April fool videos today a bit sad. Telling your kids they are going back to school and getting them ready in their uniforms then being like April fools 😄. Some just took it as a laugh but then I seen some kids hystericaly crying either because they didn't want to go back to school/ or because they were excited to see their friends and then told it was a prank. Just felt sad for them x
I told my 3 sons over breakfast that I was pregnant again with a little girl and felt bad enough doing that as one of them was really excited (oops) 🤷‍♀️ I agree I always feel really upset when people go too far.

I told my 3 sons over breakfast that I was pregnant again with a little girl and felt bad enough doing that as one of them was really excited (oops) 🤷‍♀️ I agree I always feel really upset when people go too far.
My friend was a really late baby (her mum thought she was going through the menopause), her siblings were all in their 20s.her mum announced her pregnancy to them all on April fools day not realising the date. None of them believed her for months til she started showing 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How would legislation be passed to get construction sites back to work? There is nothing saying they can’t operate right now. Some are closed but a lot are still open, my husband is in the industry.
I imagine they might be in Spain?? Uk is all running where possible

Reactions: 1
A post with video that popped up on my facebook feed.

1585813844447.png

Figures for today at 10am. I know Portugal hasn't been updated yet.

1585814416286.png

I was also offered a homemade mask for free.

For context:

-we also closed down our schools at 40 cases.
-all cafes, gyms, shopping centers+ libraries shut down within 10 days after declaring a state of emergency.
-border checks
-travel ban from 15 countries
-offering zero % interest free loans +80% wages
-not allowed out without the mask or mouth covering
-testing for anyone who wants it but you'd have to go private.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
What are peoples thoughts on online shopping at the moment. On the one hand I can view it as spending money and helping companies at a time when many when struggle, then I think about the delivery drivers who have to deliver to people and wonder what their thoughts would be on it. Oh and I mean frivolous purchases not an essential shop at all.

Reactions: 2
I've woken up this morning with an overwhelming sense of sadness about what is going on. I don't know why today is so significant, but I feel like it's all of a sudden hit me like a ton of bricks how serious this is. Has anybody else felt like this? Don't get me wrong, I've felt sad about it all along, and I've known it's serious but for some reason I just feel like it's really hit home today. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
A post with video that popped up on my facebook feed.

View attachment 102841

For context:
-we also closed down our schools at 40 cases.
-all cafes, gyms, shopping centers+ libraries shut down within 10 days after declaring a state of emergency.
-border checks
-travel ban from 15 countries
-offering zero % interest free loans
-not allowed out without the mask or mouth covering
-testing for anyone who wants it but you'd have to go private.
That was a very interesting and informative watch. When I’ve gone out I’ve wrapped a scarf round my mouth and nose and washing it when I’ve returned home.

I've woken up this morning with an overwhelming sense of sadness about what is going on. I don't know why today is so significant, but I feel like it's all of a sudden hit me like a ton of bricks how serious this is. Has anybody else felt like this? Don't get me wrong, I've felt sad about it all along, and I've known it's serious but for some reason I just feel like it's really hit home today. :(
I had a day like that, yesterday. Today, I feel more like my old self. xx

Reactions: 2
I get put off food really easily. The silliest reason and I wont eat a particular thing for years or ever again..
One lunch time at work I was eating a beef stew while reading the paper. I read an article about a man in New York who killed his wife, cooked her and ate her in a stew.
Spat my lunch out, didnt eat stew or beef for over 10 years 😂😂
I've never eat a custard cream biscuit after my sisters then boyfriend told me the filling was liquidised eyeballs. I was 8, I'm 40 this year.

Same with meatballs after my sister told me they were sheep's testicles.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What are peoples thoughts on online shopping at the moment. On the one hand I can view it as spending money and helping companies at a time when many when struggle, then I think about the delivery drivers who have to deliver to people and wonder what their thoughts would be on it. Oh and I mean frivolous purchases not an essential shop at all.
I feel conflicted about this too. I have bought nothing non essential apart from some weights which are not due to be delivered until May (apparently Amazon are prioritising essentials, as they should). I see an argument for buying things that will keep you occupied and sane during lockdown - exercise stuff, books, children’s activities and games, etc. As long as you don’t order a ridiculous amount I think that’s okay. I don’t think it’s okay to buy a fortnightly ASOS haul if you already have plenty of clothes or new home decor just because you’re bored

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone, moaning ICU deputy sister here.

I was admitted last night with exacerbation of my asthma, and I’m in a side room on a respiratory ward with Nebulisers and oxygen. Pretty pissed. Been told that I have an infection secondary to COVID19, and I’ve been swabbed. I personally think it’s my asthma.

Whatever, I’m pissed off.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.