Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the thing that scares me the most - initially it was “those with underlying health conditions” - now we know it could be any one of us.
I wish your friend all the best.
Thank you it’s just heartbreaking we are in Scotland and our numbers are low in comparison to England and Wales. She’s in the best place, I just wish more people would stick to the social distancing guidelines to stop the spread.

Reactions: 3
I don't know if im just super over sensitive (high probability I get told im too sensitve all the time🙄) but I found some of the April fool videos today a bit sad. Telling your kids they are going back to school and getting them ready in their uniforms then being like April fools 😄. Some just took it as a laugh but then I seen some kids hystericaly crying either because they didn't want to go back to school/ or because they were excited to see their friends and then told it was a prank. Just felt sad for them x

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I don't know if im just super over sensitive (high probability I get told im too sensitve all the time🙄) but I found some of the April fool videos today a bit sad. Telling your kids they are going back to school and getting them ready in their uniforms then being like April fools 😄. Some just took it as a laugh but then I seen some kids hystericaly crying either because they didn't want to go back to school/ or because they were excited to see their friends and then told it was a prank. Just felt sad for them x
I agree, I saw a few of those videos and felt the same about it. I’m not overly sensitive I just thought it was a bit of a head move. These kids will be feeling confused and missing people as it is, it’s not nice to get their hopes up.

Reactions: 22
That’s awful. Poor kiddos 😞
Last year my husband (now ex - thankfully) was away for work and he told our daughter on FaceTime that he was coming home that day but he was really not back for another two days. Broke her poor heart.

Having a joke is fine but there’s a line, and anything that upsets my kid crosses that line!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Where I am it’s $500 a month but thankfully my employer pays it.
That’s crazy money, I have private health cover through my family and it’s £350 for the year. Okay it’s not emergency treatment but $6,000 a year is a lot of money to pay out for! I am so grateful for our NHS!

Reactions: 7
I agree, I saw a few of those videos and felt the same about it. I’m not overly sensitive I just thought it was a bit of a head move. These kids will be feeling confused and missing people as it is, it’s not nice to get their hopes up.
My mum did it to my brother. Hes a 13 year old moody teenage and it was funny. (He gave a huff, before going back on the xbox with his friends)
However, I wouldn't dream of doing it to my 6 y/o. Shes misses her friends and her teacher so much. Equally likes spending quality time at home with her daddy, baby sister and I (which is rare. By the time daddy gets in its bath and bed).
Shes not really confused by it all. Just knows the bugs need to stop spreading. Hasnt asked to many questions either, were trying to keep her busy. But she can be lazy and loves a lazy day (thank god😂)

Reactions: 9
My husband did the food shop today and god after this has blown over I’ll never let him loose again.
I asked him to pick up a cauliflower for my mum ‘that’s a lettuce on steriods right?’ 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

He said Tesco did a good job of adhering to social distancing, they alternated travelators to go up, they formed a long wide wueue from the top of the store and told them what checkout to use. They didn’t have one way but they had a certain flow so you couldn’t get back to the start as such without walking all around. There was also a man dressed in a dinosaur suit for funsies 🤷🏻‍♀️

he said stock was good, pasta is still a no go and hardly any rice. I was more bummed he forgot an Easter egg for our son! Biscuits are an essential in our house (as is chocolate for me) so we bought plenty. Our idea is to buy as much as we can per shop and we can top up here or there. Our usual shop is approx £40-50 and he spent a whopping £86 (hence why he’ll be on a short rein ASAP 😂😂)
Haha I think I know where you live based on the dinosaur man!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Our CEO included an April fool in his daily covid-19 email - saying a virus was attacking our computers. Livid is not the word for me this morning.

• Angry
  • Wow
I cant even look at that footage. I can not understand how a human could be so cruel to an defenceless animal causing it such pain and horror. Hiding behind culture or tradition is not acceptable, people doing this are sick.
Sure, it's understandable to be outraged by animal cruelty, I know I am. But the thing about culture isn't to excuse it but to make it clear how many countries do horrific things to animals for one reason or another.

The French force feed geese until their livers burst to get foie gras. Veal are kept in horrific conditions where they never see sunlight - and veal is eaten here. At least these examples and the Chinese are getting food out of it.
In Spain they rub chillies in a bulls eyes or stab it in an artery to weigh the fight in a humans favour and then poke it to death with sharp sticks.
Fox hunting in the UK wasn't abolished that long ago either. Its not like the Chinese are alone in treating animals cruelly.
God even battery farmed hens have an utterly miserable existence. This is what humans have done to the world.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Sure, it's understandable to be outraged by animal cruelty, I know I am. But the thing about culture isn't to excuse it but to make it clear how many countries do horrific things to animals for one reason or another.

The French force feed geese until their livers burst to get foie gras. Veal are kept in horrific conditions where they never see sunlight - and veal is eaten here. At least these examples and the Chinese are getting food out of it.
In Spain they rub chillies in a bulls eyes or stab it in an artery to weigh the fight in a humans favour and then poke it to death with sharp sticks.
Fox hunting in the UK wasn't abolished that long ago either. Its not like the Chinese are alone in treating animals cruelly.
God even battery farmed hens have an utterly miserable existence. This is what humans have done to the world.
It’s all abhorrent and appalling and really upsetting. A friend told me about the force feeding of the geese that is so distressing. I don’t eat eggs or chicken any longer. I watched Tiger King and I almost couldn’t keep watching the exploitation of all those animals is heartbreaking. I’m vegetarian trying to move to a mostly plant based diet. If I can get to full Vegan that would be my ideal goal. 🙏

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This is what humans have done to the world.
They'll be a reckoning coming for the human race in the not too distant future, but I don't think the current coronavirus is it. It'll be something far more nasty. Nature's revenge on the filth that is humanity is long overdue, I'm afraid.

• Sad
  • Angry
I’m sure if you dispose of the packaging in the bin and wash your hands you should be fine..The Royal Mail workers would have been dropping with it ,if it was true about packaging etc .. The experts said it’s minimal risk..I’d never believe an influencer..
Reassuring, thank you x

I’m not. Not sure if that’s me being careless.
I am. .are husband stand on the doorstep and disinfect every item before coming inside. Maybe OTT but I don't care!

Got stopped by the police when walking with my boyfriend even though we live together, apparently households should be 2m apart? Anyone know if this is correct??
No?! What a load of tosh. What if you share a bed together??!! I don't think that's a rule at all. Did the police actually tell you that?

That’s crazy money, I have private health cover through my family and it’s £350 for the year. Okay it’s not emergency treatment but $6,000 a year is a lot of money to pay out for! I am so grateful for our NHS!
you're lucky 350 for year i pay 175 a month. i asked if anything for coronavirus was covered - definitely not

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Thank you it’s just heartbreaking we are in Scotland and our numbers are low in comparison to England and Wales. She’s in the best place, I just wish more people would stick to the social distancing guidelines to stop the spread.
Wales currently has less confirmed cases than Scotland, we do have one health board area that’s been hit quite bad but not even close to some of the areas in England. We have had slightly more deaths but again not even close to how many there have been in England.

I know it’s not really relevant as whatever the case numbers it’s an awful situation but it annoys me as clearly there is some misinformation being spread about Wales.

581A3BDE-0CFC-4069-8136-B9E132D5D983.png

Not sure if anyone can give any insight...I'm really confused atm. I know the obvious thing would be to ask work but i dont want to come across like a dick.

I'm being asked to return to work 15th april. We are a non essential manufacturer and I'm a cleaner.

Theres been no talk of the restrictions being lifted, however the info on the gov website is so conflicting 🙉 (screenshots from gov website below)

Says you can still go to work but must not meet friends and stay away from people! I can't really stay away from people at work lol how am I meant to stay at home and protect the nhs and stay 2m from people when I'm being asked to go back to work? Its quite a big place and alot of people work there.

Is anyone in a similar position or can anyone give me their opinion cos my head is pickled 😣

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.