Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else cancelling their national trust membership? They won't be freezing memberships and carry on taking money while everywhere is closed.

I think I'm going to, seems a bit cheeky to keep taking money.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Anyone else cancelling their national trust membership? They won't be freezing memberships and carry on taking money while everywhere is closed.

Cancelled mine last week.
Cheeky buggers.

Reactions: 5

I did last night, off work so can’t afford it anyway x

Reactions: 4
My daughter has a Cineworld pass and they’re continuing to charge us despite being locked down.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My daughter has a Cineworld pass and they’re continuing to charge us despite being locked down.
Shocking! Who knew a cinema pass would have a clause saying even in a war they would carry on taking money

15.2 Cineworld will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance, that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (Force Majeure Event), including any act, event, nonhappening, omission or accident which may be due to the following:
(i) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(ii) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war;
(iii) Fire, explosion, adverse weather, snow fall, ice, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;

• Wow
Reactions: 23
With regards to furlough, I’d really speak to your employer. They should have issued you a letter to confirm it. We have said all our employees who are, cannot work. Because we can call them back to work after the min. 3 week furlough period.
If you have 2 jobs already, I think that’s a different situation.

currently, all businesses have to pay wages out their own pockets, HMRC won’t have a system in place until end of April.

Reactions: 3
Cancelled mine last week.
Cheeky buggers.
It is a charity though, and they have said you can email to freeze membership if you are struggling financially. The houses and gardens will still need maintenance with no on-the-day visitors being able to come :(

Reactions: 4
Shocking! Who knew a cinema pass would have a clause saying even in a war they would carry on taking money

15.2 Cineworld will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance, that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (Force Majeure Event), including any act, event, nonhappening, omission or accident which may be due to the following:
(i) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(ii) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war;
(iii) Fire, explosion, adverse weather, snow fall, ice, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
Wow.i hadn’t seen any of that, what utter arseholesl

Anyone else really struggling with all of this? I’m supposed to be working from home but can’t bring myself to do anything :(
All I’m doing is eating myself silly and sleeping. Does anyone have a routine I can follow to keep me motivated? I don’t want to get into trouble with work for not doing much, especially when my anxiety is so high.

• Sad
Anyone else looking forward to all the influencers botox and fillers wearing off during this? Can't wait to see everyone's real lips again 😂🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
😍

Anyone else really struggling with all of this? I’m supposed to be working from home but can’t bring myself to do anything :(
All I’m doing is eating myself silly and sleeping. Does anyone have a routine I can follow to keep me motivated? I don’t want to get into trouble with work for not doing much, especially when my anxiety is so high.
It's tricky isn't it! I've been trying to stick to my usual day at work, so taking my hour lunch break when I normally would etc. Having a mid afternoon cup of tea etc. It's hard though.

Reactions: 2
I'm not a fan of them at the moment but M&S are also doing food boxes if you need them for yourself or to send to family.

They also have fruit boxes as well.

Hey they also have this:

Sorry forgot:
#Allowing all men access to female changing rooms at the price of safeguarding women
#AD
#gifted my weight in free chocolate

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'm not doing loads of work but that's more becuase I dont have a lot to do atm. But I do lie in bed for an hour after I start work. And dont actually start doing anything until 2 hours after my starting time.

Try putting your alarm on the other side of the room so you have to get out of bed to switch it off. While you're there open your curtains and if you can, pull your bed covers off the bed.

Put on something you enjoy - music/breakfast tv etc so you have something to look forward to when you're up.

Then try some kind of schedule eg you eat your breakfast while you go through emails or some other task.

Break up the day with a lunchtime walk.

If you're really struggling to focus, try making your dinner during the day and going back and forth to do work tasks in smaller chunks (dont know if that's possible with your job).

Good luck!

Reactions: 1
My kids activities are still taking the money. One has said they are offering one morning or afternoon session of their holiday club per missed week, so that’s fine with me although they said that before we really knew how long this would go on for. They’ve been very open with us though and they basically rely on membership money to keep afloat so I appreciate their openness and attempts to keep people signed up. Not heard anything from their swimming lessons/leisure centre though.

I keep thinking of random situations that people could be in during all this. Earlier it occured to me that people who are in the process of moving to a different country would be royally fucked right now. Thats just one scenario I’ve thought of, there’s so many in which people’s lives and livelihoods are left in the balance. It’s all such a mess.

Cancelled mine yesterday.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.