Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got a bit deep on my post on here last night so I thought I would lighten the mood.... I had to google ‘Detty Pig’ having seeing the username on here.

I DIDN’T DO A POO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Omg I am pissing myself laughing. 👏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 10
are the figures from italy and spain including deaths outside of hospitals? If not i would hate to see what it looks like with those included 😔
Italy are recording deaths with underlying causes as Covid 19 deaths. A lot more people ended up in hospital in Italy.
Spain are recoding much the same.
I think each country is recording figures differently.
Most deaths that occur at home won't be included if they are not referred for an autopsy, if you have an underlying condition then it will be likely the death is attributed to that than CV19.
Until very recently there was not a 'universal code' for recording a death from CV19 so that is a lot of home deaths missed too.

Reactions: 5
For anyone who likes rum, Dead Man's Finger have 3 70cl bottles for £45 deal on...ooops my finger just slipped 😂 no alcohol in the house I'm desperate for something to take the edge off..that should do it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The official death figures are so meaningless. They only count those in hospital that have been testes. People dying at home, care homes, hospices aren't included and will take weeks before an autopsy (if at all). So we don't know if are figures are lower than Italy.
The year on year figures have been published, overall figures are down. Although flu/pneumonia deaths are up. Overall lower figure probably because mild winter.

Reactions: 2
Anybody know what are all those aircrafts with no call signs at the airports are?
From Flightradar24.com:
We get asked about the “silver cars” a lot. Airports equip their ground vehicles with ADS-B so that they are easily visible to ATC when viewed on their traffic management screens. It makes the airfield safer for everyone.

Reactions: 4
Would you get it ? would it give "peace of mind" ? if you tested negative and then caught it the nxt day ? lots of pros and cons to consider..
I think we have had it in our house, but this is the second time since November-same symptoms, but milder this time. I have one child who has been fine both times, apart from a slightly raised temperature and feeling tired for an evening. I have then been sending her school as she felt fine. That is what scares me...are people getting symptoms again? What did we all have?
I would get tested for peace of mind.

Reactions: 3
I'm a tattle lurker but I worry that far more people are being killed than we know about. My sister works in a care home and a few weeks ago they think the virus spread throughout. They can't get anyone tested and my sister that isnt hyperbolic says they are dropping like flies. 2 alone died yesterday and weren't recorded as covid 19. The government say 47 have died in the whole of Scotland

• Sad
Reactions: 10
From Flightradar24.com:
We get asked about the “silver cars” a lot. Airports equip their ground vehicles with ADS-B so that they are easily visible to ATC when viewed on their traffic management screens. It makes the airfield safer for everyone.
On mine there are no flights at all showing anywhere in the world. I’ve always loved being able to watch planes flying above and knowing where they’ve departed and destination.
I went to Hever Castle once and the gardens are so beautiful but because it was on the flight path into Gatwick I spent more time looking upwards 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How are online supermarkets making the vulnerable people a priority, how do the know who’s vulnerable regardless of age? What classes you as vulnerable?if you’re in receipt of PiP? Or a letter from your Gp saying you’re vulnerable?
Its impossible unless you are one of the 1.6 million who got a letter. My parents, both 78 one with heart problems and taking immuno supressents and the other diabetic, spent 3 days trying to get through to the sainsburys helpline. When they finally got through they answered loads of questions about their conditions etc and were told they would be emailed. Received an email this morning saying that Sainsburys couldn't prove they were vulnerable so they can't have access to slots.
We are able to provide their food at the moment but my husband is still working so if we have to isolate they are stuffed

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm a tattle lurker but I worry that far more people are being killed than we know about. My sister works in a care home and a few weeks ago they think the virus spread throughout. They can't get anyone tested and my sister that isnt hyperbolic says they are dropping like flies. 2 alone died yesterday and weren't recorded as covid 19. The government say 47 have died in the whole of Scotland
Nicola Sturgeon has said that the true figures are likely to be higher

I'm hearing the same from people who work in care homes.

I read it somewhere else it was to limit larger deliveries so there would be more space in the vans, but it will be a lot harder for families with lots of kids. One family at my sister's old school had 14 kids and my mother's best friends daughter has 9 kiddos.
Imagine the Radfords? If they shopped with Tesco they’d be on half a slice of bread a day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.