Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is me every day. Every time I touch my face and rub my nose I think oh tit 2 weeks from now I’m gone, and I’ve been in my house for 2 weeks. Every time my husband has to pop to the shop if urgent I panic and feel I’m back on day 0 and wait 2 weeks to see if he starts with symptoms. If I hear on kids sneeze or cough I think omg no. My kids keep begging for a takeaway and i say no and tell them how risky it is, I then fear I’ve worried them. Argh this virus needs to do one. I can’t imagine we will ever feel the same again after this amount of fear.
I think there will be a lot of people that will be diagnosed with OCD after this.
My friend‘s daughter was diagnosed years ago and she’s gone into complete meltdown over it. Prior to this it was pretty much under control but now all her rituals are back. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
That Tesco shop thing is odd. Itll just mean people need to get out to the shops more to pick up the extras they couldn't get. Yeah 80 items is plenty for some families but there is 6 in my house and it wouldn't work. Not sure their thinking behind it?!

Reactions: 11
You tubers are getting around it by not mentioning COVID specifically - they are talking vaguely about ‘the situation’. Check out Gabriella Lindley’s recent videos. I actually think they’re disgusting. Either don’t talk about it or do something useful with your platform. I have great respect for the fitness guy doing the PE videos - that’s how you use your platform responsibly and positively.
I was joking about the testing sponsorship, I think there are rules against it...but I wouldn't put it past Jonathan Joly to pop up on Harley Street with a 'friend' who just happens to do tests. 😉
I thought videos mentioning Corona Virus were demonetised. I have seen a lot of lockdown/quarantine/pandemic videos come up though.
Agree! I think joe wicks is a prick but he’s donating money to the NHS so he’s a semi prick now 😉
I think they’re vile, for them to skirt around it. Just be honest for the first time in your begging little lives and perhaps people might get on board with it

makes me chuckle when they say LIFE IN ISOLATION - half of them do duck all anyway so what’s the difference ya detty pigs 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You can get tested privately in the Czech republic- and that's been the case since this started as we have 18 labs so it's spread out.

Reactions: 3
I think there will be a lot of people that will be diagnosed with OCD after this.
My friend‘s daughter was diagnosed years ago and she’s gone into complete meltdown over it. Prior to this it was pretty much under control but now all her rituals are back. :(
Poor girl, they definitely will be snowed under with mental health referrals after this is over.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
That Tesco shop thing is odd. Itll just mean people need to get out to the shops more to pick up the extras they couldn't get. Yeah 80 items is plenty for some families but there is 6 in my house and it wouldn't work. Not sure their thinking behind it?!
I read it somewhere else it was to limit larger deliveries so there would be more space in the vans, but it will be a lot harder for families with lots of kids. One family at my sister's old school had 14 kids and my mother's best friends daughter has 9 kiddos.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I agree, and while I understand the point of the in store limit of 2-3 of the same item that doesn’t take into consideration that the customer may just be buying for themselves or buying for 10 people

I found it funny that the toilet roll in my local supermarket was limited to 2 packs per customer - didn’t matter whether it was 2 packs of 4 rolls or 2 packs of 24 rolls, 2 packs is all the same apparently?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agree! I think joe wicks is a prick but he’s donating money to the NHS so he’s a semi prick now 😉
I think they’re vile, for them to skirt around it. Just be honest for the first time in your begging little lives and perhaps people might get on board with it

makes me chuckle when they say LIFE IN ISOLATION - half of them do duck all anyway so what’s the difference ya detty pigs 🤣🤣
Haha this made me laugh, intrigued to know why you think Joe is a prick though 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I saw it read somewhere else it was to limit larger deliveries so there would be more space in the vans.
Ah that's a fair point. Still 80 items just wouldn't be enough for a normal shop for larger families. But that does make sense

Poor girl, they definitely will be snowed under with mental health referrals after this is over.
The sad thing is though with all the previous cuts you had to be severely suicidal to even get any help in some areas- this will make it even worse.

• Sad
The sad thing is though with all the previous cuts you had to be severely suicidal to even get any help in some areas- this will make it even worse.
It will. 18 months I had to wait for therapy and that was a few years ago, in the end I went private.

• Sad
I'm a legal secretary in a small high street firm. I am still being asked to come to work. The solicitor says it's because we offer a Will service so we're classed as essential. I've not been able to find anything to back this up, however have taken his word. Yesterday, a large firm in our area (in the same street as us) announced that they were closing all branches and only asking the fee earning staff to continue working. Admin staff would be furloughed. (I have spoken to one of the admin workers from the office who have confirmed this). I'm just wondering what everyone elses opinion on my situation is? As an admin worker, I don't feel that my work is essential - the solicitors should really know how to do the most important parts of our job (such as typing Wills) as minimum in my opinion. We are a small office, I am the only full time member of the admin team, 1 full time solicitor and the three other part timers all have children so have been unable to come in. I've been rushed off my feet doing 4 people's jobs. I'm worried that if I don't catch corona, I'm going to make myself seriously ill anyway because of the pressure and stress (I have anxiety and IBS - not a good mix at the best of times!).

I just feel that this is a case of the owners of the firm worrying more about getting as money as possible rather than keeping staff healthy. They've made no provision for extra cleaning etc, I had to go out myself and buy cleaning stuff from the petty cash off my own back, I was not instructed to do so. I just feel that they're not taking this seriously at all!

Please, don't be afraid to tell me if you think I'm being over dramatic!

I went out for my walk today like most days which is usually very quiet and it was full on people dodging. Lot's of older pensioners out walking togged up with backpacks and walking gear and people with kids on scooters and bikes, it was like a bank holiday. It's like you tell people to limit what they can do and suddenly they all want to do it.
I totally read that first line as "it was full of people DOGGING" 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I’ve had to self isolate from yesterday. Persistent dry cough, sore throat, headache and slight breathlessness. It feels like there’s a weight on my chest constantly at the moment. I’m a key worker too, so feeling quite gutted about it all. :(
I really hope you start to feel better soon x

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
After being chastised on here a few days ago and then censored for complaining about some police being and I quote “f*cktards” towards a lone and apparently confused man in Scotland...I’m just going to leave this here from the Times today. I also refer to Cressida Dicks admission yesterday that some police are “ over reaching “ with their new lockdown powers. People power and freedom of speech has managed to bring attention to this and ensure that the police that are not acting appropriately are addressed accordingly. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-against-police-overstepping-limits-6wk2k335k
I do not agree or support those flouting the rules but equally will fight and use my voice against any threat to our freedoms (as advised by the govt) during this time and any attempt to creep towards a police state. Stay safe 🙏 “ Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely”

Reactions: 12
I'm a legal secretary in a small high street firm. I am still being asked to come to work. The solicitor says it's because we offer a Will service so we're classed as essential. I've not been able to find anything to back this up, however have taken his word. Yesterday, a large firm in our area (in the same street as us) announced that they were closing all branches and only asking the fee earning staff to continue working. Admin staff would be furloughed. (I have spoken to one of the admin workers from the office who have confirmed this). I'm just wondering what everyone elses opinion on my situation is? As an admin worker, I don't feel that my work is essential - the solicitors should really know how to do the most important parts of our job (such as typing Wills) as minimum in my opinion. We are a small office, I am the only full time member of the admin team, 1 full time solicitor and the three other part timers all have children so have been unable to come in. I've been rushed off my feet doing 4 people's jobs. I'm worried that if I don't catch corona, I'm going to make myself seriously ill anyway because of the pressure and stress (I have anxiety and IBS - not a good mix at the best of times!).

I just feel that this is a case of the owners of the firm worrying more about getting as money as possible rather than keeping staff healthy. They've made no provision for extra cleaning etc, I had to go out myself and buy cleaning stuff from the petty cash off my own back, I was not instructed to do so. I just feel that they're not taking this seriously at all!

I also work for a small family run firm of solicitors. We got to work from home from last tuesday morning. My boss delivered my computer to me on tuesday morning. They asked that we just answer and deal with any essential emails and calls and book phone/zoom appts with them if necessary. The bosses are going into the office in the mornings and dealing with any post that needs urgent attention. They are doing any wills (typing them and then visiting clients at their home and having them sign them at their window/ door step so they can practice social distancing).
They have been amazing through all of this.

Haha this made me laugh, intrigued to know why you think Joe is a prick though 😂😂
i just find him so condescending. how can someone bring out a weaning book when they’ve only just started to wean their first child 🤯 he puts videos of his daughter in the bath on Instagram to millions of people, doesn’t let her eat snacks, films her screaming when she’s hungry but doesn’t like what he’s cooked for her, has a v weird relationship with good where he must work out before he eats any type of carb... its a huge no from me 🙌🏻

Reactions: 14
I also work for a small family run firm of solicitors. We got to work from home from last tuesday morning. My boss delivered my computer to me on tuesday morning. They asked that we just answer and deal with any essential emails and calls and book phone/zoom appts with them if necessary. The bosses are going into the office in the mornings and dealing with any post that needs urgent attention. They are doing any wills (typing them and then visiting clients at their home and having them sign them at their window/ door step so they can practice social distancing).
They have been amazing through all of this.
See this is the sort of thing I was hoping for my firm to do! They've told us that we don't have the IT infrastructure to work from home, and the firm who deal with our IT are unable to set it up at this time! It's so concerning. :(

Well finally got through to halfax after many days.
We filled out online form last week heard nothing.
They running 10 days behind and our mortgage goes out tommorow.
Thankfully we can cover it just and for everything else there's mastercard.
The thourght of no work as lockdown for 6months is scary.

Surely you can do your job from home?

Reactions: 1
The official death figures are so meaningless. They only count those in hospital that have been testes. People dying at home, care homes, hospices aren't included and will take weeks before an autopsy (if at all). So we don't know if are figures are lower than Italy.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.