Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if used correctly disposable gloves can help, but I know from my time in commercial kitchens and food hygiene certificates they can do more harm and contamination as people wear them for far too long and get a false sense of security.

Really does depend on the person. If they stop you touching your face they might be good. But Janice behind the fish counter that rubbers up at 6am then takes off the same gloves at 4pm could be doing a world of harm.

It's deeply grained into our human behaviour to touch our face, especially after touching someone else 🤦‍♀️ . I forget exactly what I heard a psychologist say

I quite like knowing I've not been out anywhere and can touch my face like there's no tomorrow :D

Reactions: 12
i just find him so condescending. how can someone bring out a weaning book when they’ve only just started to wean their first child 🤯 he puts videos of his daughter in the bath on Instagram to millions of people, doesn’t let her eat snacks, films her screaming when she’s hungry but doesn’t like what he’s cooked for her, has a v weird relationship with good where he must work out before he eats any type of carb... its a huge no from me 🙌🏻
He’s one of the biggest PRICKS Iv come across on social media, he is HUGELY benefiting from covid 19 ( even though he says he will donate money to nhs) I watched his first “PE” class and he mentioned/promoted everything that he sells and does I quickly turned off 😡 😡😡 yeah so it’s safe to say I don’t rate him 🤛🏻

Reactions: 11
I don’t think I’ve ever touched my face with a disposable glove,
I use them as we’re told to use them before entering the store, sanitizer spray, gloves on, shopping done, dumped inside out in bin after checkout.

plus I don’t think there is a shortage of plastic gloves? They’re everywhere.
“I work for a disposable glove manufacturer”
Everyone is an expert who wants to give their 2 pence now.... 🙄

I feel people are just looking for things to make people scared about.
- don’t wear gloves
- masked dont help
- this happened “Sharon”
- this happened in.....
I'm not going to be made to feel guilty about wearing my disposable gloves. I have a box of 200 purchased late last year as I have to wear them when I work with resin. My 5/6 month old box is not going to disrupt the supply chain to the NHS and I have learned to never touch my face whilst wearing them. Trust me, you only ever get resin on your skin once 😂

Reactions: 8
My sister who is due to give birth in 2 days has developed OCD and can't stop washing her hands. This was them last week :( she is absolutely terrified to go into hospital

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 10
He’s one of the biggest PRICKS Iv come across on social media, he is HUGELY benefiting from covid 19 ( even though he says he will donate money to nhs) I watched his first “PE” class and he mentioned/promoted everything that he sells and does I quickly turned off 😡 😡😡 yeah so it’s safe to say I don’t rate him 🤛🏻
Any grown man who calls broccoli “midget trees” is an absolute twit. Cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think if used correctly disposable gloves can help, but I know from my time in commercial kitchens and food hygiene certificates they can do more harm and contamination as people wear them for far too long and get a false sense of security.

Really does depend on the person. If they stop you touching your face they might be good. But Janice behind the fish counter that rubbers up at 6am then takes off the same gloves at 4pm could be doing a world of harm.

It's deeply grained into our human behaviour to touch our face, especially after touching someone else 🤦‍♀️ . I forget exactly what I heard a psychologist say

I quite like knowing I've not been out anywhere and can touch my face like there's no tomorrow :D
I touch my face so much 🤦‍♀️ I always seem to have my face propped up by my hand or my fingers across my mouth🙈

My sister who is due to give birth in 2 days has developed OCD and can't stop washing her hands. This was them last week :( she is absolutely terrified to go into hospital
My daughters are like that. She suffers with anxiety and this has made her worse and she’s constantly washing her hands.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
As I say..a lot of health care professionals are saying they’re not needed nor is it necessary to remove and wash your clothes after shopping or the daily walk.

Some of the posts I’ve read on here are worrying as people seem to be developing OCD tendencies which is leading to more anxiety. I had hoped the post I copied would reassure these people that are panicking so much 🤷‍♀️
I think the mixed messages are just exhausting me more than anything, I didn’t buy gloves, I use them when they’re available for me, I don’t know anyone who would use them for longer than a few minutes (completing one task) because I thought common sense would kick in.

my issue with this is it’s not “lads you don’t need gloves” it reads like “YOU COULD ACTUALLY BE IN MORE DANGER WITH GLOVES”

There are so many mixed messages it’s overwhelming, in a matter of hours we have people coming out with a new slant on what’s right or wrong to do.

this dude works in a glove making factory. 😐

Also unpopular opinion.... you don’t “develop OCD” in two weeks.

you might be washing your hands more, you might be more anxious or more cautious, we all are!
That’s not OCD.
it’s just a result of the world we’re living in right now. We’re all hypersensitive.

cannot stand people throwing around a diagnosis just because of what’s happening, we’re all reacting, after two weeks you can diagnose your kid or yourself with a long term mental illness

Reactions: 17
Martin Lewis posted this on FB today, I know some people on this thread were affected, hope they see this. So if you left a job to go to a new job you can still be paid. Get more info on moneysavingexpert.com FB page.

CONFIRMED: If you left a job after 28 Feb, that old employer can rehire you to furlough you. So if needed ask.

We knew this worked for those made redundant, but Treasury has just confirmed to us, this is allowed for those who left voluntarily (eg to start new job).

Please share with those affected.
Thats if the previous company are willing to do it. I bet loads won’t because they are having to pay the wages until the money comes through from govt which might not be till June and I suppose loss of companies won’t have money to do that ☹

Reactions: 4
This song just came into my head. No no no, don't touch your face!

• Haha
🤮 the farmer has been spreading 💩 over the fields near to where I stay. I need some serious pollution to take the smell away. Please people get out in your cars and pollute the air! 🤪

• Haha
Just a cheery thought, jet2 trashy holidays, sweatshop fast fashion and talentless people becoming rich won't be missed. This video from the old world should be preserved in formaldehyde 😆
I get quite offended by the term jet2 trashy holidays.

We go package holidays with jet2 and Tui and they aren't trashy.

I've seen people acton
Just a cheery thought, jet2 trashy holidays, sweatshop fast fashion and talentless people becoming rich won't be missed. This video from the old world should be preserved in formaldehyde 😆
I love our jet2 holidays. And our Tui holidays, neither of which are trashy.

But saying that, I love people assuming they are trashy because it keeps them away from some holiday destinations and stops them ruining it by turning it pretentious and unaffordable.

I'd be gutted to lose my three weeks in Spain!

I think the mixed messages are just exhausting me more than anything, I didn’t buy gloves, I use them when they’re available for me, I don’t know anyone who would use them for longer than a few minutes (completing one task) because I thought common sense would kick in.

my issue with this is it’s not “lads you don’t need gloves” it reads like “YOU COULD ACTUALLY BE IN MORE DANGER WITH GLOVES”

There are so many mixed messages it’s overwhelming, in a matter of hours we have people coming out with a new slant on what’s right or wrong to do.

Well the health care professionals talking about it are saying they’re of no use and about people touching their faces while wearing them. My last day in work we were told to wear them and as usual I was sat with my face propped up by my hand 🙈 they’re no good for me as I’m always touching my face it’s a habit.

BBC News are doing a Q&A daily with a different GP and they have all said gloves are not needed nor are masks nor do we need to wash our clothes after shopping or a walk. We just need to wash our hands. I trust their advice.

Reactions: 6
I get quite offended by the term jet2 trashy holidays.

We go package holidays with jet2 and Tui and they aren't trashy.

I've seen people acton

I love our jet2 holidays. And our Tui holidays, neither of which are trashy.

But saying that, I love people assuming they are trashy because it keeps them away from some holiday destinations and stops them ruining it by turning it pretentious and unaffordable.

I'd be gutted to lose my three weeks in Spain!
My only experience with jet2 holidays is that Rebecca lamb wants them given to her and they sponsor love island. That and they have a 2 in their name makes me form an opinion. :D

No offence is intended to any customers of jet2 ;) I was talking about the trashy jet2holidays, not calling all jet2holiday trashy.

• Haha
[QUOTE="Oohthedrama, post]

you might be washing your hands more, you might be more anxious or more cautious, we all are!
That’s not OCD.
it’s just a result of the world we’re living in right now. We’re all hypersensitive.

cannot stand people throwing around a diagnosis just because of what’s happening, we’re all reacting, after two weeks you can diagnose your kid or yourself with a long term mental illness
[/QUOTE]

I said ‘developing OCD tendencies’ meaning they’re becoming obsessed with washing their hands (and clothing). I didn’t say they had developed OCD. I didn’t diagnose anyone.

When I mention my own daughter she does in fact suffer from mental health problems (before the coronavirus) and this has indeed made her anxiety worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I wear my disposable gloves when I go food shopping then throw them away once Ive finished and got back in the car.

Reactions: 1
I said ‘developing OCD tendencies’ meaning they’re becoming obsessed with washing their hands (and clothing). I didn’t say they had developed OCD. I didn’t diagnose anyone.
honestly wasn’t a dig at your comment! I didn’t even see it, just the conversation in general which is happening across social media a lot.

Reactions: 3

That’s not OCD.

This might be an unpopular opinion for you, but you have no idea about my sister's mental health history, she is extremely prone to developing OCD behaviours when she is under extreme stress - a few years ago she couldn't eat a meal in front of us because she felt like she was going to choke and die unless she chewed her food a certain number of times! Jesus don't be so rude.

Reactions: 8
Great news for ROI a big drop in numbers, although early days the restrictions seem to be working well

Reactions: 6
This might be an unpopular opinion for you, but you have no idea about my sister's mental health history, she is extremely prone to developing OCD behaviours when she is under extreme stress - a few years ago she couldn't eat a meal in front of us because she felt like she was going to choke and die unless she chewed her food a certain number of times! Jesus don't be so rude.
which is exactly why I’ve just said what I did 🙄
There are people who genuinely suffer from debilitating OCD.

so Sharon washing her hands a few times and then diagnosing herself with OCD really does them a disservice 🙄🙄

I’m not “Jesus” nor am I being rude, it’s like someone saying they now have acrophobia because they haven’t been out in a week, or they have clinical depression because they’re going though a tough time.

I’m surprised if you know someone who suffers with their mental health away from this pandemic you don’t agree with my point, odd.

Reactions: 12
Can you imagine Boris behaving like Trump when answering press questions-
Boris, how do you feel the NHS are dealing with CV19?

Don't be nasty! Why would you ask me that? Why don't you ask how I feel, how I am feeling with CV19? I feel I have done a good job recovering-all me, I did it, you should congratulate me!

Trump is getting worse each day...at least we know his hair is real though😉

ETA They probably would call him prime minister not Boris 😂

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.