Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On mine there are no flights at all showing anywhere in the world. I’ve always loved being able to watch planes flying above and knowing where they’ve departed and destination.
I went to Hever Castle once and the gardens are so beautiful but because it was on the flight path into Gatwick I spent more time looking upwards 🤣
my dad does this, he’ll go ‘oh That one is off to Bulgaria!’ Or whatever and it’s not til we realise he’s looking up 😂

most RAF flights happen all the time but I’m sure they have probably escalated them now

Reactions: 2
I think we have had it in our house, but this is the second time since November-same symptoms, but milder this time. I have one child who has been fine both times, apart from a slightly raised temperature and feeling tired for an evening. I have then been sending her school as she felt fine. That is what scares me...are people getting symptoms again? What did we all have?
I would get tested for peace of mind.
Same ! we've had temps and flu like symptoms on and off, my older son has had a dry cough on and off since Jan but he's fine now . I think if I could buy it now I would..I see it as a win ! win ! if it came back positive that's a relief you've hopefully got immunity and also on the flip if neg ,would just make you more cautious and a relief you hadn't caught it ..and now it's seems to be slowing with more people taking the advice on board ,hopefully the chances of getting it will become slimmer to...

I'm a tattle lurker but I worry that far more people are being killed than we know about. My sister works in a care home and a few weeks ago they think the virus spread throughout. They can't get anyone tested and my sister that isnt hyperbolic says they are dropping like flies. 2 alone died yesterday and weren't recorded as covid 19. The government say 47 have died in the whole of Scotland
Unfortunately that seems to be where a lot of the victims are ,in a care setting ..Even a common cold can be detrimental to an elderly person let alone this virus..

Reactions: 3
Its impossible unless you are one of the 1.6 million who got a letter. My parents, both 78 one with heart problems and taking immuno supressents and the other diabetic, spent 3 days trying to get through to the sainsburys helpline. When they finally got through they answered loads of questions about their conditions etc and were told they would be emailed. Received an email this morning saying that Sainsburys couldn't prove they were vulnerable so they can't have access to slots.
We are able to provide their food at the moment but my husband is still working so if we have to isolate they are stuffed
I think there should be some type of system set up so the vulnerable people who live alone with no family close by come 1st, I understand we all have to isolate, but people with a car on the drive who could go to the supermarket and do distance rules should be well down the list ..I have a heart problem but I also have a car and a grown up daughter at home ,we go to the supermarket and are sensible ,I wouldn't dream of taking a spot on home delivery lists that someone more in need could have

Reactions: 6
Just a cheery thought, jet2 trashy holidays, sweatshop fast fashion and talentless people becoming rich won't be missed. This video from the old world should be preserved in formaldehyde 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think there should be some type of system set up so the vulnerable people who live alone with no family close by come 1st, I understand we all have to isolate, but people with a car on the drive who could go to the supermarket and do distance rules should be well down the list ..I have a heart problem but I also have a car and a grown up daughter at home ,we go to the supermarket and are sensible ,I wouldn't dream of taking a spot on home delivery lists that someone more in need could have
This is my first post so I hope I do it right! I’m my local area volunteers have set up groups on Facebook and delivered leaflets before the lockdown with contact details on them so if vulnerable people needed shopping or prescriptions collecting or a letter posting the volunteers could do it for them!

I have been lurking since the start of the Schofield threads and finally joined last night. I’ve been at home for 15 days now as I take immune suppressants, I’ve felt quite anxious at times and this thread has helped, thank you all. It’s just me and my 9 year old son and he’s been amazing! x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hope this works, I saw this on Martin Lewis Facebook page and think I saw some posts from someone in this situation? 5B4D2A6B-8784-4E3A-A3D8-478B72C79441.png

Reactions: 1
This is my first post so I hope I do it right! I’m my local area volunteers have set up groups on Facebook and delivered leaflets before the lockdown with contact details on them so if vulnerable people needed shopping or prescriptions collecting or a letter posting the volunteers could do it for them!

I have been lurking since the start of the Schofield threads and finally joined last night. I’ve been at home for 15 days now as I take immune suppressants, I’ve felt quite anxious at times and this thread has helped, thank you all. It’s just me and my 9 year old son and he’s been amazing! x
We do 2 old ladies shopping for them, if everyone was helping old people things would be so much nicer, and if you're going for yourself some things it doesn't hurt ,glad its helped you on here, its helped me to rant about Meghan :mad: :mad: xxxx

Just a cheery thought, jet2 trashy holidays, sweatshop fast fashion and talentless people becoming rich won't be missed. This video from the old world should be preserved in formaldehyde 😆
I spent my lunch time yesterday looking for clothing actually made in the uk that doesn't cost a bomb. Anyone any recommendations? Or at least brands that are ethical in their factories. I was looking at boden as they dont make all their clothing in the uk but have ethical trading, but I could probably only shop in their sale section!

Thought that was Rebecca Lamb's to do list then 😉

Amen to this! I wonder what most of them will do...since they are not getting the hang on TikTok!

• Haha
I spent my lunch time yesterday looking for clothing actually made in the uk that doesn't cost a bomb. Anyone any recommendations? Or at least brands that are ethical in their factories. I was looking at boden as they dont make all their clothing in the uk but have ethical trading, but I could probably only shop in their sale section!
have a look at Seasalt ....ethical and use organic cotton/ bamboo . White stuff also have some organic fair trade items

Reactions: 4
Well finally got through to halfax after many days.
We filled out online form last week heard nothing.
They running 10 days behind and our mortgage goes out tommorow.
Thankfully we can cover it just and for everything else there's mastercard.
The thourght of no work as lockdown for 6months is scary.
We applied for our payment holiday online with the form and got a text approving it the next day, this was only the back end of last week... The confirmation letter came yesterday.

Roi

“The number of Covid-19 cases admitted to intensive care units here has increased to 103, according to new figures , Over 37% of those in ICU are aged over 65”

that’s a big number in ICU that aren’t over 65.

0976251C-4AA2-4527-B6E3-9475DAA046CF.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve seen a lot of health care professionals advising against wearing gloves when shopping and now I’ve just seen this on Facebook...

Walking around the Supermarket I was amazed at just how many people were wearing disposable gloves. Now I work for a disposable glove manufacturer, so I have a bit of experience with these products.
Firstly, I get that everybody is worried about and scared of Covid-19 but this is a virus that is not going to be stopped by some disposable gloves.
Disposable gloves are just that, disposable. Designed to be worn for a short period of time and then thrown away. What happens if you wear them when you go and do your weekly shop is that they stop being used as they were designed to be. You touch your trolley/basket, you pick up your groceries, you then by instinct touch your face/rub your eye and the chance of you getting Covid-19 is just as great as if you weren’t wearing it the glove in the first place. The only way a disposable glove will help to prevent you getting the virus is if you wash your hands before putting it on, take it off as soon as you’ve touched something, wash your hands as soon as you’ve taken it off and put a fresh one on straight away.
Unless this is something you do every day, as part of your job for example, it is highly unlikely you will get into the habit of using the glove as above in time to stop you picking up the virus. And therefore a disposable Glove will make no difference to you and you would be much better off by simply just washing your hands as regularly as you can.
Where they will make a difference is to the frontline NHS staff or to carers who are looking after vulnerable people where they are trained through practice to use the gloves as they should be used in order to protect themselves and their patients.
Right now, Disposable Gloves, are in incredibly short supply and are greatly needed by the Health professionals and those in the care profession so if you have bought any to wear while you go about your weekly shop, please consider donating them to the care industry or the your local health service. They won’t protect you from the Virus while you do your
Weekly shop but they could contribute to saving someone else’s life by giving the professionals the tools they need to continue to do their job.

Reactions: 25
I’ve seen a lot of health care professionals advising against wearing gloves when shopping and now I’ve just seen this on Facebook...

Walking around the Supermarket I was amazed at just how many people were wearing disposable gloves. Now I work for a disposable glove manufacturer, so I have a bit of experience with these products.
Firstly, I get that everybody is worried about and scared of Covid-19 but this is a virus that is not going to be stopped by some disposable gloves.
Disposable gloves are just that, disposable. Designed to be worn for a short period of time and then thrown away. What happens if you wear them when you go and do your weekly shop is that they stop being used as they were designed to be. You touch your trolley/basket, you pick up your groceries, you then by instinct touch your face/rub your eye and the chance of you getting Covid-19 is just as great as if you weren’t wearing it the glove in the first place. The only way a disposable glove will help to prevent you getting the virus is if you wash your hands before putting it on, take it off as soon as you’ve touched something, wash your hands as soon as you’ve taken it off and put a fresh one on straight away.
Unless this is something you do every day, as part of your job for example, it is highly unlikely you will get into the habit of using the glove as above in time to stop you picking up the virus. And therefore a disposable Glove will make no difference to you and you would be much better off by simply just washing your hands as regularly as you can.
Where they will make a difference is to the frontline NHS staff or to carers who are looking after vulnerable people where they are trained through practice to use the gloves as they should be used in order to protect themselves and their patients.
Right now, Disposable Gloves, are in incredibly short supply and are greatly needed by the Health professionals and those in the care profession so if you have bought any to wear while you go about your weekly shop, please consider donating them to the care industry or the your local health service. They won’t protect you from the Virus while you do your
Weekly shop but they could contribute to saving someone else’s life by giving the professionals the tools they need to continue to do their job.
I don’t think I’ve ever touched my face with a disposable glove,
I use them as we’re told to use them before entering the store, sanitizer spray, gloves on, shopping done, dumped inside out in bin after checkout.

plus I don’t think there is a shortage of plastic gloves? They’re everywhere.
“I work for a disposable glove manufacturer”
Everyone is an expert who wants to give their 2 pence now.... 🙄

I feel people are just looking for things to make people scared about.
- don’t wear gloves
- masked dont help
- this happened “Sharon”
- this happened in.....

Reactions: 9
I use them as we’re told to use them before entering the store, sanitizer spray, gloves on, shopping done, dumped inside out in bin after checkout.

- don’t wear gloves
- masked dont help
- this happened “Sharon”
- this happened in.....
I dont know about within the NHS but just before school shut we were about to run out of disposable gloves for nappy changing in the nursery and couldn't get anymore from the usual suppliers. But that could have just been a passing issue unrelated.

Martin Lewis posted this on FB today, I know some people on this thread were affected, hope they see this. So if you left a job to go to a new job you can still be paid. Get more info on moneysavingexpert.com FB page.

CONFIRMED: If you left a job after 28 Feb, that old employer can rehire you to furlough you. So if needed ask.

We knew this worked for those made redundant, but Treasury has just confirmed to us, this is allowed for those who left voluntarily (eg to start new job).

Please share with those affected.

Reactions: 5

- don’t wear gloves
- masked dont help
- this happened “Sharon”
- this happened in.....
As I say..a lot of health care professionals are saying they’re not needed nor is it necessary to remove and wash your clothes after shopping or the daily walk.

Some of the posts I’ve read on here are worrying as people seem to be developing OCD tendencies which is leading to more anxiety. I had hoped the post I copied would reassure these people that are panicking so much 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.