Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the peak will come next weekend or the weekend after because of the mad weekend we had before lockdown. The number of cases will rise next weekend as it takes around two weeks for the virus to take effect, then around 10 days later the deaths will rise. I've heard that around day 10 is when you need hospitalisation.

Reactions: 11
I think the peak will come next weekend or the weekend after because of the mad weekend we had before lockdown. The number of cases will rise next weekend as it takes around two weeks for the virus to take effect, then around 10 days later the deaths will rise. I've heard that around day 10 is when you need hospitalisation.
Yea I remember reading somewhere Easter for the peak so that would sound about right.

Reactions: 4
I hope you are wrong but know you are right, if that makes sense. I've been working from home for about 10 days and been to the shops twice, afraid to go again. I would say I have been sensible but still freaking out that I may have touched my face etc. Cheltenham mass gathering was only last week so I wouldn't be surprised if attendees there are now sick. I can't find the source now but read an article this week that said Icelandic scientists had traced virus samples from Icelandic patients back to european countries, and found that 7 of those patients attended the same football match. I dread to think what damage Cheltenham would have done, plus all the mass shopping last weekend. Let's just hope 1 week of the soft lockdown has made a dent in the statistics. Let's hope that people get the message to stay in this next fortnight. America has got it very wrong by the sound of it.

Reactions: 7
I haven’t left the house in weeks now except for work and I went to Tesco’s once. Haven’t seen my boyfriend in three weeks. Just my mum who I live with. My neighbours have had car upon car upon car of people arriving all bloody day! All week in fact! Would it be horrible of me to say these people don’t deserve our hospital beds!!!!!!!!! Our hospital now has SIX temporary morgue buildings. Every single member of staff from ward to office based in full PPE at all times. I WANT TO SCREAM AT THESE PEOPLE! Selfish selfish selfish !!!!!
You need to call the non emergency police and tell them. That is so bad

• Angry
Reactions: 3
That’s a number I can’t get my head around...🤯 81,0000!

in other news I got an email for a waterproof dildo from a general groupon site so they really are covering all bases now 😕
I've seen a few posters say that the US got is so wrong etc. What happened there? Why such high numbers? Because they're a much bigger country than the UK for example?.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've seen a few posters say that the US got is so wrong etc. What happened there? Why such high numbers? Because they're a much bigger country than the UK for example?.
I think it's because they've got the biggest :poop: running the country..that only does what he wants ,and takes nothing else on board:(

Reactions: 8
Talking about reporting, a pub on my local high street is serving behind closed doors. How do I complain about that and who too. I'm not in an area doing those forms. I definitely think this should be reported.
Just ring 101 non emergency police. What utter cants!!!!! This has infuriated me.

Yep them, Wetherspoons, Jack Wills, Gordon Ramsey restaurants along with Rick Stein, I cant think of any more off the top of my head right now.
Gordon Ramsey. Rick Stein?! Did they stay open longer than they should have done?

Reactions: 2
I think the UK have moved quicker than Italy to contain but who knows ?
Italy went on lock down on the 9th March.
In Italy on the 9th March (1st day of lock down) there was:

- 9172 total confirmed cases in the country of coronavirus
- 1797 new case announced in that day alone
- 463 total deaths in the country from coronavirus
- 97 deaths in that day alone

The UK’s stricter lock down measures (which mirrored Italy’s) - came into affect 24th March
The UK’s figures On the 24th March (1st day of strict lock down) were:

- 8077 total confirmed cases in the country of coronavirus
- 1427 new case announced in that day alone
- 422 total deaths in the country from coronavirus
- 87 deaths in that day alone

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I would do anything to be bored at home isiolating. But i'm a key worker (army medical admin)and just been told we are to be open 24/7 soon and being asked to work overtime. My husbabd is vulnerable and everyday i'm risking his health. I've been surrounded by Covid for a couple if weeks now. I don't know what to do. Work have told me i have to carry on. Either way I feel selfish.
My heart goes out to you. Thank you so much for what you are doing for us.

For everyone else reading this will deal with it differently but my Goddess we are not 'stuck at home' we are 'safe at home' and theres plenty of key workers who wish they were just that!!!

Be grateful that you can be at home safe. Still go out for a walk (at the moment anyway)..xx

The UK’s stricter lock down measures (which mirrored Italy’s) - came into affect 24th March

We should have locked down 2 weeks earlier..... We should have listened to those in Italy telling us to lock down....

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I think there were a greater number infected at the same time in Italy, all their figures are way off from what I read...they're were thousands infected at the Velencia game alone ..a biological bomb was the term used...I don't think the UK will have the same number ..but who knows ..(this could be the 2nd understatement of the century)behind @erin ..

Reactions: 5
You need to call the non emergency police and tell them. That is so bad
I will be if there’s any of it tomorrow as I’m in NI and the new enforcements from 11pm tonight!!! He’s an absolute wanker at the best of times so slap it up him

Reactions: 2
My mates Dad has it .... He's 86 but no underlying health issues and never been in hospital in his life .... He's in ICU. Taken into hospital last night, confirmed today. They're preparing for the worst 😕.
So far .... Touch wood we've been very lucky in that we've relatively less confirmed cases than alot of places with 3 deaths.
This brings it right to the doorstep though 😕 Really hoping he pulls through .... It's not unheard of but I'm dreading him messaging me now 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I think there were a greater number infected at the same time in Italy, all their figures are way off from what I read...they're were thousands infected at the Velencia game alone ..a biological bomb was the term used...I don't think the UK will have the same number ..but who knows ..(this could be the 2nd understatement of the century)behind @erin ..
That was my concern about the Cheltenham Festival being allowed to go ahead. Still can't believe it was allowed - 60,000 attended on day one alone.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.