Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Barbra Streisand Walls ....dedicated to Trump.. 😂
'We built a wall, it was me...my idea, the wall, not just one but many walls, you better believe it-Boris rang me and it was a perfect call. A call about MY wall. Everyone is talking about it,the International Space Station spoke to me and I said. Look, you can see MY wall,from space'
Advisor whispers in Trumps ear
'What do you mean that great wall comes from Chy-na?-fake news'

Come on Lars you must have lots to add ;)
You know me too well 😉🙈😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Bit random but with the Cheltenham chat does anyone watch This Country on the BBC?

It’s one of my favourite shows and I follow the actor who plays Kurtan on Instagram. Anyway, he went to the Cheltenham festival and afterwards said he and a number of mates who attended had all the symptoms. He’s been documenting it on Instagram, been in self-isolation and talking about his loss of taste. So it’s certainly true that people who attended the festival caught the virus.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm O rhesus negative blood type? My friends' gran told me I'm most likely to contract covid 19. I'm yet to see this advice anywhere, had anyone else heard this? I'm a new member so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.
Ooh, me too. Going to investigate that.

Reactions: 1
Bit random but with the Cheltenham chat does anyone watch This Country on the BBC?

It’s one of my favourite shows and I follow the actor who plays Kurtan on Instagram. Anyway, he went to the Cheltenham festival and afterwards said he and a number of mates who attended had all the symptoms. He’s been documenting it on Instagram, been in self-isolation and talking about his loss of taste. So it’s certainly true that people who attended the festival caught the virus.
Oh I think we'll see a rise in cases this week of those who attended the festival. From the asymptomatic to those with 'a bit of a cold' all spreading the virus ...it was wrong for this event to go ahead!
With the calculations for incubation period and how long symptoms are lasting on average, I think there are going to be many who attended who report symptoms. It was mentioned earlier about the Valencia game in Italy and it being described as a bomb and I think the Cheltenham festival was our Valencia game.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
All I can find is that 0 in general is less likely to contract.
I'm sure you know we can donate to any other blood group. So I'm on the list if they need supplies (hate it though. 😂)
Post if you discover anything.
The studies carried out in Wuhan have shown type O less likely to contract than type A, these are really early studies with such limited numbers and many variables have not been explored. I wouldn't worry based on these tentative studies until we have peer reviewed studies.
I wish I could donate blood but sadly due to receiving transfusions I am unable so I commend you for your efforts 😀

Whatever our type, let us all keep washing our hands, keeping our distance and B+ (sorry 🙈) 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Anyone else noticing lots of good reduced foods? £3.50 strawberries for 35p, hummus 9p, guacamole 13p. There was also a chocolate birthday cake and a macaroni cheese quiche for 80%, but I restrained as it doesn't feel that doomsday 😂

Obviously you should only ever leave the house to go shopping when you need to. I'm one of those idiots that likes to go everyday and I've cut down to every 2-3 days🤪 with gloves and glasses. There's not been any queues outside when I've been

Amen to thatx vet nurse here, I sm sick of people saying stuff like that. coronavirus is everywhere in different strains this one is not passed via pets unless they were bats you decided to make in to a soup 😂
I think people are right to be concerned pets might be able to get it. I’ve not read anything about pets until the cats protection website. obviously I want it tk not be true, but i think it’s fair for anyone to be hesitant after reading something via a source like that rather than daily mail or the like 😊

Reactions: 2
Anyone else noticing lots of good reduced foods? £3.50 strawberries for 35p, hummus 9p, guacamole 13p. There was also a chocolate birthday cake and a macaroni cheese quiche for 80%, but I restrained as it doesn't feel that doomsday 😂

Obviously you should only ever leave the house to go shopping when you need to. I'm one of those idiots that likes to go everyday and I've cut down to every 2-3 days🤪 with gloves and glasses. There's not been any queues outside when I've been
Was this in Tesco or different stores?
I have seen an influencer who works in Tesco post about buying a lot of cheese that was greatly reduced but not seen anyone else mention the reduced foods...apart from vegan foods.

What time do you go shopping? Maybe there are less queues in the evening if more people go shopping in the morning thinking that items will sell out?

Now I want chocolate cake 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A little off topic but I’ve been trying to donate blood for years but all the appointments are always fully booked. Just checked again in light of all this and even the event in July has no spaces! It seems my area is full of good samaritans

It’s a shame because I’d love to help out more. I’m an organ donor too but I’m not dead yet 👀

There's been a lot of call centre workers not happy because of the 2mtr rule ..It's not being applied in they're place of work..
In ours we have been sat apart however people moving about in between for breaks, toilet, leaving the office ect its impossible not to be near people. Also a lot of people not respecting it and will approach you perhaps without thinking....I've had to tell a lot of people in no uncertain terms to back away!

It's been reported that t least 70 who attended Cheltenham were displaying symptoms a week later.

A lad in his late 20's who lives in my area is in hospital with confirmed corona after attending a party that some cheltenham race goers went to.

My old boss is doing well but still not allowed home yet as still on oxygen. He is on a Covid ward that has 16 beds. Since he has been in, 8 people off the ward have died and the beds are staying full of patients with Covid.

I'd be shocked if we have lock down lifted and businesses open in the next two weeks like a lot round here seem to think.

I've seen parents saying they know a Teacher and the schools are opening again as normal after the Easter hols.

Yet our secondary school has no idea and said their best hope is open in 11 weeks.

A little off topic but I’ve been trying to donate blood for years but all the appointments are always fully booked. Just checked again in light of all this and even the event in July has no spaces! It seems my area is full of good samaritans

It’s a shame because I’d love to help out more. I’m an organ donor too but I’m not dead yet 👀
I donated for the first time in March and my appointment was booked last August. Go ahead as far as you can on the calender and don't let it put you off! I had to pick somewhere a bit further away just to get in and my second one, I went closer to home

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I donated for the first time in March and my appointment was booked last August. Go ahead as far as you can on the calender and don't let it put you off! I had to pick somewhere a bit further away just to get in and my second one, I went closer to home
Thanks, I’ll keep checking! Glad to see so many people are donating though

Reactions: 4
I've seen parents saying they know a Teacher and the schools are opening again as normal after the Easter hols.
Teachers haven’t been told anything as far as I’m aware. We’ve had daily emails from leadership at school but nothing to do with reopening. We’ve been split into 3 working groups for who’s going in when. One week in school then 2 weeks at home - this will repeat after Easter.

my gut instinct is that they’ll try and open schools again after May half term. So the start of June. To me that’s best case scenario. Someone on a teacher Facebook group said they thought January. Surely not!

Reactions: 7
This could be me being stupid (permanent baby brain here) but I don’t understand the lockdown rules. So gatherings of more than two people are banned, except if they’re from the same household. At the same time we’re not supposed to be gathering with anyone outside of our household? Wouldn’t that make the first rule redundant?

The other day I walked past some couples during my walk and overheard conversations that implied they lived separately. I felt annoyed at the time but now I can see why they might have misunderstood the rules

Reactions: 1

same here. I’m quite petite and I’ve never been heavy enough except when I was pregnant and of course you can’t if you’re pregnant 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I feel like I could have written this word for word 😭 I too have a two year old and due end of June, unfortunately I've had some complications and will have to have a C-section this time round, but I would have loved a home birth. If you can try and download an ebook called 'Hypnobirthing, Practical ways to make your birth better by Siobhan Miller' it might help you come to terms with a home birth etc, it's so interesting! And will definitely keep your mind off things for a bit, if you ever need a chat I'm always here xx
Thank you so much I did mean to look into hypnobirthing last time but just didn't get round to it as I was working full time, I'll definitely download that book now xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.