Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cargo flight from Dublin to China to collect the PPE supplies just landed in Beijing.
They said on the news tonight, they are doing this daily starting today.

Flight leaving Dublin this morning

ted.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Could be acid indegestion which can cause a cough and a breathless feeling?
I don't know I am hoping it's something else or even though it feels really real just bad anxiety but ive never felt like this before & also I'm not really ill often so have nothing to compare it too. I know people say it's like the flu but I've never had it either. I called a friend and i was struggling to talk on the phone. I feel so tired but scared to sleep incase I get worse or even don't wake up. I know that's silly and that probs not gonna happen tho x

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This is video of migrant workers in India trying to get home..... I am just lost for words. The loss there will be unreal :oops:

The average age in India is 26 compared to 47 in Japan, so some are saying it won't be as badly hit. But no one really knows

Reactions: 4
Civil unrest has begun in Southern Italy.

We won’t be far behind with the amount of workers that have been left high and dry.

Anyone else seriously think we are weeks / months away from a revolution or the end?

Reactions: 13
The average age in India is 26 compared to 47 in Japan, so some are saying it won't be as badly hit. But no one really knows
A lot of smoking there though I think?

We won’t be far behind with the amount of workers that have been left high and dry.

Anyone else seriously think we are weeks / months away from a revolution or the end?
The last thing we need are mass protests.

citizens that have run out of food and have no money due to job losses are now stealing from supermarkets en masse. Lots being organised online and some willing to kill to get what they want.
Not gonna lie, if I lived in the USA, in a time like this I would want a gun in the house. Won't be long until people are breaking into houses for stuff. Southern Italy is also so poor and full of the Mafia.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Civil unrest and protest aren’t really comparable

Sorry meant to quote bubbletea but my phone is a piece of sh*t 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A lot of smoking there though I think?

The last thing we need are mass protests.

Not gonna lie, if I lived in the USA, in a time like this I would want a gun in the house. Won't be long until people are breaking into houses for stuff. Southern Italy is also so poor and full of the Mafia.
Well we all know the gun culture of the USA...

Reactions: 1
Well we all know the gun culture of the USA...
Some people take it too far, I agree. Although I am from the UK and now live in Canada where police are armed and I much prefer it - more so in terms of if there's a terrorist attack, the police can react very quickly.

Reactions: 8
I actually think the government have done a lot to protect people's wages so this doesn't happen in the UK? Initially I thought it would cause a huge divide between those still getting a wage and those not but they have put a lot in place to stop that. I appreciate not everyone will be covered but the general theme seems to be keeping people paid if they can. A lot better than the US where they have literally been left unemployed with nothing

Reactions: 17
You canny beat a bitta TedView attachment 101014Chin 😬
Wonder will they get those supplies out...Sky News China is building a fortress to protect itself from the virus

Some people take it too far, I agree. Although I am from the UK and now live in Canada where police are armed and I much prefer it - more so in terms of if there's a terrorist attack, the police can react very quickly.
Well where I live a terrorist attack is the norm , so I wouldn't know any different ..If I saw a policeman without a gun I'd be worried..

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I actually think the government have done a lot to protect people's wages so this doesn't happen in the UK? Initially I thought it would cause a huge divide between those still getting a wage and those not but they have put a lot in place to stop that. I appreciate not everyone will be covered but the general theme seems to be keeping people paid if they can. A lot better than the US where they have literally been left unemployed with nothing
Let’s hope so. Civil unrest would just serve to spread the virus more. But if you have a family to feed, laid off, no money, no way of borrowing money - what choices are you left with. Lots of people are too proud to rely on charity and would rather steal from the big corps. Not advocating it but I do understand it, and i would do the same if my cupboards were empty and I was penniless unable to feed my son.

Not sure. It's bit of a false equivalence to say just because it's happening in a few cases in Southern italy it's going to happen here in a similar time frame post lockdown.
As the reporter here says, Italy has more of a cash economy and one thats heavily reliant on tourism. Especially in the South which is much poorer, and has been really hit by the impact of the lockdown.

I'm not even slightly suggesting there aren't thousands of Brits similarly "high and dry" as you put it but we don't have one industry that provides so many jobs that was completely brought to a halt by the lockdown as with poor parts of Italy and tourism. Plus it remains to be seen if the isolated incidents over there will develop into something larger or more coherent.

Reactions: 3
Firstly I would greatly recommend looking into hypnobirthing (Tracy Holloway has a free resource pack on her website which I would recommend listening to when you go to bed at night) it can help to try to minimise fear around birth. I know some people don’t think much of it but if nothing else I found having the recordings playing during labour gave me something to focus on and remind me to breathe so I didn’t panic.

Secondly my first baby was a planned home birth. I ended up not dilating and had a temperature due to some form of infection and ended up going in to hospital to be put on a drip. In the end she was born with forceps. My second baby was also a planned home birth and was much quicker. Ended up giving birth about ten minutes after the midwife arrived. TBH if I’d have planned to go to hospital I wouldn’t have made it because I got in the bath and didn’t get out again!

Personally I would much prefer a home birth if you can. You’ll have the same monitoring as you’d get in hospital and given that the midwife is one on one with you if they notice any issues they’ll get you to the hospital and straight to where you need to be quickly (& possibly earlier than if you were in hospital). They’re well aware of any issues that could arise and unless you live very far away from a hospital I don’t feel like you’d be in a worse position if you ended up needing urgent care.
I didnt have a home birth but I just wanted to second the hypnobirthing recommendation. I am the most anxious person in the world and I did a hypnobirthing class, I cant tell you how much it helped. I was so so calm during labour, my son got stuck and I needed help and I never once got fearful. The doctor said my heart rate and my sons stayed normal the whole time and I 100% credit that to the hypnobirthing xx

• Heart
The cargo flight from Dublin to China to collect the PPE supplies just landed in Beijing.
They said on the news tonight, they are doing this daily starting today.

Flight leaving Dublin this morning

View attachment 101005
If only they didn't have such a troubling diet that kept causing pandemics from keeping wild live animals all mixed up in unsanitary conditions!! So their economy is going to be booming while we're fucked and they can buy more of it on the cheap!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.