Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If only they didn't have such a troubling diet that kept causing pandemics from keeping wild live animals all mixed up in unsanitary conditions!! So their economy is going to be booming while we're fucked and they can buy more of it on the cheap!!
that was suggested earlier in the week too as part of a conspiracy theory ...they will carry on supplying the world, giving us medical supplies to treat the disease that originated there.

Reactions: 9
I don't know I am hoping it's something else or even though it feels really real just bad anxiety but ive never felt like this before & also I'm not really ill often so have nothing to compare it too. I know people say it's like the flu but I've never had it either. I called a friend and i was struggling to talk on the phone. I feel so tired but scared to sleep incase I get worse or even don't wake up. I know that's silly and that probs not gonna happen tho x
My teenage daughter with bad anxiety is always breathless and always scared of going to sleep in case she doesn’t wake up (been like this years not just during this time). You can breathe incorrectly with anxiety. Slow your breathing. Breathe in with mouth closed and count to 4 then breathe out with mouth open counting to 7. Repeat this until you feel calmer. My daughter also gets loads of indegestion and quite often once she burps she will feel less breathless.

Gaby Roslin the TV Presenter told a story on TV about when she was on a flight back from somewhere and she felt really breathless and had chest pain and was panicking she was having a heart attack until the Air Steward told her it was probably wind and to either burp or fart! She did and then the chest pain went and so did the breathlessness!

Try to distract yourself as the more you focus on your breathing you will make it worse as you are too aware of it. Distraction is the key with anxiety. Watch a comedy or a good film or listen to music x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not sure. It's bit of a false equivalence to say just because it's happening in a few cases in Southern italy it's going to happen here in a similar time frame post lockdown.
As the reporter here says, Italy has more of a cash economy and one thats heavily reliant on tourism. Especially in the South which is much poorer, and has been really hit by the impact of the lockdown.

I'm not even slightly suggesting there aren't thousands of Brits similarly "high and dry" as you put it but we don't have one industry that provides so many jobs that was completely brought to a halt by the lockdown as with poor parts of Italy and tourism. Plus it remains to be seen if the isolated incidents over there will develop into something larger or more coherent.
I really hope you are right. Personally I don't think we will necessarily see it in the same time frame but I think all over the world we will see civil unrest in a number of different forms over the coming weeks / months / year.

It’s easy to say be patient get along with each other, help one another out, we are all in it together, share, and push that narrative in the first week or two but 3, 4, 5 months in- not everyone is going to have the same enthusiasm - especially those who feel left behind in being financially protected (not just by the uk govt but globally) and when people start mourning people they know and love. Things will become a lot more fractious imo.

Reactions: 6
I really hope you are right. Personally I don't think we will necessarily see it in the same time frame but I think all over the world we will see civil unrest in a number of different forms over the coming weeks / months / year.

It’s easy to say be patient get along with each other, help one another out, we are all in it together, share, and push that narrative in the first week or two but 3, 4, 5 months in- not everyone is going to have the same enthusiasm - especially those who feel left behind in being financially protected (not just by the uk govt but globally) and when people start mourning people they know and love. Things will become a lot more fractious imo.
The world will never be the same again ..

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't know I am hoping it's something else or even though it feels really real just bad anxiety but ive never felt like this before & also I'm not really ill often so have nothing to compare it too. I know people say it's like the flu but I've never had it either. I called a friend and i was struggling to talk on the phone. I feel so tired but scared to sleep incase I get worse or even don't wake up. I know that's silly and that probs not gonna happen tho x
If you’re hardly ever ill then you likely have a nice strong immune system πŸ‘πŸΌ Try and take it day by day. Sounds very much like anxiety manifesting and making mild/non-existent symptoms seem like they are there. Log off social media, read, breathe. keep following the guidelines. I know it’s easy to say but take it slowly, even hour by hour if you need to.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The news is shocking tonight NY medical staff crying out for help is pitiful..I get the feeling Trump is going to quarantine those people to die,no one in or out ??..Especially now that china have introduced all the extra measures to keep the country safe ..he'll have the biggest MAGA hat on ..he's a modern day tyrant and no one will get in the way of his narrative..

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
At what point are Italy expecting to see their numbers decline?
I feel like '2 weeks' has been said for the last month and it doesn't seem to be easing.
Those poor families πŸ˜₯
Italy have been in Lockdown for over a month. my Husband spoke to his cousin there tonight..she didnt sleep last night she was so worried about us as we have coronavirus. we rang her to reassure her. they are all really worried still still over there. she had messaged me about 2 weeks worried for the UK as she could see what was happening there was coming our way and she hoped our Govt would act to protect us xx

• Sad
  • Wow

I think the government has been pretty generous with its help, I say as someone that's entitled to nothing and I'll have to spend my house deposit because I bothered to save😐.

It's easy for the government to be generous now and turn on the printing presses. The problems for them come with trying to balance things later.

Lots of people even before this were left behind with the state of jobs and housing. We were about to go into pretty dire economic times virus or not because the issues from 2008 were never fixed. The virus has given a handy excuse.

Pockets of social unrest will be expected, I don't think society is going to break down quickly. This could lead to a brighter future and a better society, because inequality was ever increasing up till now.

Reactions: 11
My teenage daughter with bad anxiety is always breathless and always scared of going to sleep in case she doesn’t wake up (been like this years not just during this time). You can breathe incorrectly with anxiety. Slow your breathing. Breathe in with mouth closed and count to 4 then breathe out with mouth open counting to 7. Repeat this until you feel calmer. My daughter also gets loads of indegestion and quite often once she burps she will feel less breathless.

Gaby Roslin the TV Presenter told a story on TV about when she was on a flight back from somewhere and she felt really breathless and had chest pain and was panicking she was having a heart attack until the Air Steward told her it was probably wind and to either burp or fart! She did and then the chest pain went and so did the breathlessness!

Try to distract yourself as the more you focus on your breathing you will make it worse as you are too aware of it. Distraction is the key with anxiety. Watch a comedy or a good film or listen to music x
Thank you so much! Anxiety is horrible - it's crazy how much it can to do you and how real it feels in the moment. Sorry that your daughter struggles with it too especially with sleeping alot must be so hard. I feel a bit calmer now, breathing feels better but not 100% but still glad to feel alright again. I have been trying to quit smoking because of this virus everyone saying I should and only had about 15 ciggs in the past week which is what id normally have a day and last one was thursday - people say when you stop you can feel worse with coughing/breathing as your lungs clear? I dunno but ill tell myself its just that so i can chill. πŸ˜‚ I think I thought it couldn't be anxiety because ive actually been feeling okay before this but sometimes it can just come out what seems like no where but I was a bit stressed/upset seeing that we had got over 1000 deaths today and seeing comments it's estimated to go up to 20,000. But anyway thank you again for your reply, I know some people might find posts like mine annoying because it's kind of pointless posting on a forum where no one knows you thinking your dying πŸ˜‚, but what you said did help and I'm going to watch something funny before going to sleep it should relax me. Sometimes we do know all these things just need someone to remind us xx

• Heart
I’m in NI... does this mean I can’t go for a walk? 😩 why is this never on the news... it’s always England and Scotland!!
No we can still go for a walk as part of "daily exercise".
Its just insane to think this is life now πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

COVID-19 ***NOTE THE FOLLOWING*** From 11pm tonight the new Executive powers include: β€’ The power to close premises. β€’ Prohibit anyone from leaving home without reasonable excuse. β€’ Gatherings of more than two people are banned. β€’ Penalties ranging from fixed penalty notices to fines of up to Β£5,000 for non-compliance. These powers will come into effect from 11pm. REASONABLE EXCUSE FOR LEAVING HOME: β€’To obtain food and medical supplies. β€’ exercise either alone or with other members of household. β€’ seek medical assistance. β€’ provide care to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance. β€’ donate blood. β€’ travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living. β€’ to attend a funeral of a family member. RESTRICTIONS ON GATHERINGS No person may participate in a gathering in a public place of more than two people exceptβ€” β€’ where all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household. β€’ where the gathering is essential for work purposes. β€’ to attend a funeral. The Executive has also agreed that: β€’ Anyone who can work from home must do so and employers must facilitate where feasible. β€’ No employer should compel an employee to come to work if it is feasible to work from home. β€’ Every employer must take all reasonable steps to safeguard the health of employees, whether working from home or in the workplace. β€’ Every employer must put into effect the guidance on social distancing issued by the Department for the Economy. β€’ Every employer has a legal duty to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health of all employees. β€’ Where a business is failing to observe the Department for the Economy guidance and breaching the legal duty on health and safety, the statutory authorities will take robust action, which may include prosecution for criminal offences. β€’ Where necessary, The Executive Office will also use its power of direction to close or restrict businesses that do not ensure the safety of their employees. A new forum will also be established to advice the Executive on essential and non-essential businesses and essential/key workers. This advice will inform further closures and measures. This is about protecting the health and well-being of you, your family and your neighbours.

Reactions: 3
Thank you so much! Anxiety is horrible - it's crazy how much it can to do you and how real it feels in the moment. Sorry that your daughter struggles with it too especially with sleeping alot must be so hard. I feel a bit calmer now, breathing feels better but not 100% but still glad to feel alright again. I have been trying to quit smoking because of this virus everyone saying I should and only had about 15 ciggs in the past week which is what id normally have a day and last one was thursday - people say when you stop you can feel worse with coughing/breathing as your lungs clear? I dunno but ill tell myself its just that so i can chill. πŸ˜‚ I think I thought it couldn't be anxiety because ive actually been feeling okay before this but sometimes it can just come out what seems like no where but I was a bit stressed/upset seeing that we had got over 1000 deaths today and seeing comments it's estimated to go up to 20,000. But anyway thank you again for your reply, I know some people might find posts like mine annoying because it's kind of pointless posting on a forum where no one knows you thinking your dying πŸ˜‚, but what you said did help and I'm going to watch something funny before going to sleep it should relax me. Sometimes we do know all these things just need someone to remind us xx
Your not being one bit annoying ,better out than in x ..polo will help with the cravings and Laurel and Hardy "Brats " will always make you laugh x

I’m in NI... does this mean I can’t go for a walk? 😩 why is this never on the news... it’s always England and Scotland!!
It says you can exercise

No we can still go for a walk as part of "daily exercise".
Its just insane to think this is life now πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

COVID-19 ***NOTE THE FOLLOWING*** From 11pm tonight the new Executive powers include: β€’ The power to close premises. β€’ Prohibit anyone from leaving home without reasonable excuse. β€’ Gatherings of more than two people are banned. β€’ Penalties ranging from fixed penalty notices to fines of up to Β£5,000 for non-compliance. These powers will come into effect from 11pm. REASONABLE EXCUSE FOR LEAVING HOME: β€’To obtain food and medical supplies. β€’ exercise either alone or with other members of household. β€’ seek medical assistance. β€’ provide care to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance. β€’ donate blood. β€’ travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living. β€’ to attend a funeral of a family member. RESTRICTIONS ON GATHERINGS No person may participate in a gathering in a public place of more than two people exceptβ€” β€’ where all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household. β€’ where the gathering is essential for work purposes. β€’ to attend a funeral. The Executive has also agreed that: β€’ Anyone who can work from home must do so and employers must facilitate where feasible. β€’ No employer should compel an employee to come to work if it is feasible to work from home. β€’ Every employer must take all reasonable steps to safeguard the health of employees, whether working from home or in the workplace. β€’ Every employer must put into effect the guidance on social distancing issued by the Department for the Economy. β€’ Every employer has a legal duty to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health of all employees. β€’ Where a business is failing to observe the Department for the Economy guidance and breaching the legal duty on health and safety, the statutory authorities will take robust action, which may include prosecution for criminal offences. β€’ Where necessary, The Executive Office will also use its power of direction to close or restrict businesses that do not ensure the safety of their employees. A new forum will also be established to advice the Executive on essential and non-essential businesses and essential/key workers. This advice will inform further closures and measures. This is about protecting the health and well-being of you, your family and your neighbours.
Is it not the same as before ?or have they added to it ?Michelle's like "the wee man from Strabane "( before your time but google him) you'll know what I mean then πŸ˜‚

Your not being one bit annoying ,better out than in x ..polo will help with the cravings and Laurel and Hardy "Brats " will always make you laugh x

It says you can exercise

Is it not the same as before ?or have they added to it ?Michelle's like "the wee man from Strabane "( before your time but google him) you'll know what I mean then πŸ˜‚
edit George Cunningham not Hugo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

It says you can exercise

I think (not sure) is the main diff the fact they can make people go home and can fine them?
Wee man from strabane hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
I think (not sure) is the main diff the fact they can make people go home and can fine them?
Wee man from strabane hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I think it's the same ,if there a gathering they can give you a fine .. George Cunningham The Strabane Man on YouTube and Michelle separated at birth πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it's the same ,if there a gathering they can give you a fine .. George Cunningham The Strabane Man on YouTube and Michelle separated at birth πŸ˜‚
I had a look on bbc ni and looks like the its maybe the fact they can now fine people...

The new powers will come into force from 23:00 GMT on Saturday.

Penalties, ranging from fixed penalty notices to fines of up to Β£5,000, are being introduced as enforcement.

The powers also ban gatherings of more than two people.

Off licences have also been added to the list of essential businesses and can now stay open

• Haha
I had a look on bbc ni and looks like the its maybe the fact they can now fine people...

The new powers will come into force from 23:00 GMT on Saturday.

Penalties, ranging from fixed penalty notices to fines of up to Β£5,000, are being introduced as enforcement.

The powers also ban gatherings of more than two people.

Off licences have also been added to the list of essential businesses and can now stay open
The offie up here is already open and getting someone to pay 5,000 where we are would be as scarce as hen's teethπŸ€‘

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.