Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sports direct can duck right off btw. Getting several emails a day from them trying to get me to buy. Unsubscribed and lost my custom, try caring about your staff and shutting down assholes.
Yep them, Wetherspoons, Jack Wills, Gordon Ramsey restaurants along with Rick Stein, I cant think of any more off the top of my head right now.

Reactions: 14
Yep them, Wetherspoons, Jack Wills, Gordon Ramsey restaurants along with Rick Stein, I cant think of any more off the top of my head right now.
Sick of it. Companys that have done the right thing will be getting my custom after all this. Local indian is using this time to shop and deliver for anyone in need. I'll be their no1 customer!

Reactions: 19
Sick of it. Companys that have done the right thing will be getting my custom after all this. Local indian is using this time to shop and deliver for anyone in need. I'll be there no1 customer!
I totally agree with you it’s certainly shown the decent in society and I am definitely putting my custom their way going forwards

Reactions: 13
“14 more patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died. There have now been 36 COVID-19 related deaths in the Republic of Ireland” 😞

294 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm, Saturday 28 March.
There are now 2,415 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

it why we’re not really seeing any numbers on recovered cases as of yet.
the first case in Ireland was less than a month ago, 3 weeks? It’s crazy how much has changed it such a short amount of time

I’m not the type to do “I’m struggling“ posts.
But everything feels very real right now, yet not real at all.
(ok apparently I don’t do “struggling” posts I just talk in riddles 😕)
feels like everyone ran on adrenaline but now it’s just, flat.
I agree. It sounds awful but it was kind of ‘excitement’ adrenaline reading about everything going on. Gossiping and wondering if it would ever become ‘real’ to little old us in our village. Then it happened and is just going on and on and nothing is changing (just worsening actually) and yes best way to describe it, flat. Meh. I’m feeling pretty crappy this weekend even though I’ve tried really hard to remain positive the whole way through.

Reactions: 4
Wuhan is opening back up and the first freight trains carrying goods for Europe including lots of medical supplies have started today. Can anyone else smell something fishy??

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I totally agree with you it’s certainly shown the decent in society and I am definitely putting my custom their way going forwards
Think we need to list those employers that should be boycotted in future. Top of this pile of shite is Richard Branson and his 4.8 billion fortune.

Reactions: 29
Think we need to list those employers that should be boycotted in future. Top of this pile of shite is Richard Branson and his 4.8 billion fortune.
totally agree maybe a new topic called “immoral b*stards to avoid”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wuhan is opening back up and the first freight trains carrying goods for Europe including lots of medical supplies have started today. Can anyone else smell something fishy??
Hope they're not making anymore soup ...no matter what flavour ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So they are saying we will have done VERY well to have under 20,000 deaths in the UK. It's only just over a 1000 atm though everyday is worse for numbers of death. Where will it all end 😫😫

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I thought on the graph the number of confirmed cases dropped slightly maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

I’m feeling very scared. I feel like there isn’t enough information about what happens if you get a mild case and how long it takes to shift entirely or if there are any lasting effects in the body.

I’m overthinking again.

I thought on the graph the number of confirmed cases dropped slightly maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

I’m feeling very scared. I feel like there isn’t enough information about what happens if you get a mild case and how long it takes to shift entirely or if there are any lasting effects in the body.

I’m overthinking again.
690A9265-048E-47C8-97F3-A975B4879B59.png

I’m overthinking again.

690A9265-048E-47C8-97F3-A975B4879B59.png
The green bars at the bottom

I’m overthinking again.
I didn't see a graph just that there was 260 more deaths in the last 24 hours. Is that a little less than yday perhaps?

I am really scared of this too as currently pregnant as well.

I didn't see a graph just that there was 260 more deaths in the last 24 hours. Is that a little less than yday perhaps?

I am really scared of this too as currently pregnant as well.
Hopefully somebody will have more of an idea than me. Take care - are you social shielding?

Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?

I dont really know what kind of advice I'm hoping to get I just needed to let it out to other adults as my friends and family seem to think everything will be normal by then.
I feel like I could have written this word for word 😭 I too have a two year old and due end of June, unfortunately I've had some complications and will have to have a C-section this time round, but I would have loved a home birth. If you can try and download an ebook called 'Hypnobirthing, Practical ways to make your birth better by Siobhan Miller' it might help you come to terms with a home birth etc, it's so interesting! And will definitely keep your mind off things for a bit, if you ever need a chat I'm always here xx

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The photos from the excel I find somewhat reassuring. Looks far much better than the Italian photos we saw and they'll apparently be ready before hospitals are out of capacity
Screenshot_2020-03-28-19-15-06-796_com.android.browser.jpg

Reactions: 15
Plus is the red curve (Number of deaths 😢) a flatter curve? Is that positive? Sorry for all the questions x

The grandma of my sister’s best friend has tested positive and has pneumonia. She’s been in hospital for a few days and now being sent home to “be comfortable” ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?
Firstly I would greatly recommend looking into hypnobirthing (Tracy Holloway has a free resource pack on her website which I would recommend listening to when you go to bed at night) it can help to try to minimise fear around birth. I know some people don’t think much of it but if nothing else I found having the recordings playing during labour gave me something to focus on and remind me to breathe so I didn’t panic.

Secondly my first baby was a planned home birth. I ended up not dilating and had a temperature due to some form of infection and ended up going in to hospital to be put on a drip. In the end she was born with forceps. My second baby was also a planned home birth and was much quicker. Ended up giving birth about ten minutes after the midwife arrived. TBH if I’d have planned to go to hospital I wouldn’t have made it because I got in the bath and didn’t get out again!

Personally I would much prefer a home birth if you can. You’ll have the same monitoring as you’d get in hospital and given that the midwife is one on one with you if they notice any issues they’ll get you to the hospital and straight to where you need to be quickly (& possibly earlier than if you were in hospital). They’re well aware of any issues that could arise and unless you live very far away from a hospital I don’t feel like you’d be in a worse position if you ended up needing urgent care.

Reactions: 1
arcadia are another - they laid off all their staff with no chance to get the government grant I believe. My friend works for topshop and they sacked then off with no pay

it’s hard to believe 20,000 is a good number. We’re just at 1/20th so I think now we see why they’ve said it’s a marathon not a race 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.