Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At what point are Italy expecting to see their numbers decline?
I feel like '2 weeks' has been said for the last month and it doesn't seem to be easing.
Those poor families šŸ˜„
They've predicted each Friday for the last two weeks I'll peak. Current estimate is next Friday. Might actually be accurate as it's most deadly 2-3 weeks after infection

Reactions: 4
How are we all?

I found out that more of my team have been sent home on ā€œother leaveā€ for things such as fibromyalgia. Asked my matron again re: my health, my heart and working front line. Her plan has been to keep me training for long as possible, and then put me back on the front line. This sounds okay... until I look at my rota and I have 5 days off until the end of April.

My heart has been skipping endlessly last night and today, leaving me breathless. I put it down to anxiety and worry. This afternoon Iā€™ve come down with a sore throat. No fever, no cough. Great.
Sounds like palpitations. I get them when I am extremely anxious/having a panic attack and I get breathless, I find myself yawning more to try and get more oxygen. I have a sore throat too but think it is down to dehydration.

Reactions: 7
Has anybody whoā€™s had it recovered fully? I know a few threads back there were people saying they felt quite sick. How are they doing now?
This is an interesting question.

I have had it and I would consider myself fully recovered (with the exception of the aches in my joints etc)
But, when I spoke with my GP, she said that we are not considered "Recovered" until 2 weeks after all the symptoms have fully cleared. Supposedly in that 2 week window you can develop pneumonia or a cold etc.

I am not sure if all countries follow this rule or just Ireland, but I sure found it interesting.

Keep in mind that is just the info given by one GP, it's entirely possible she may not have all the info either, but I do personally trust her

Reactions: 19
ā€œ14 more patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died. There have now been 36 COVID-19 related deaths in the Republic of Irelandā€ šŸ˜ž

294 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm, Saturday 28 March.
There are now 2,415 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

This is an interesting question.

I have had it and I would consider myself fully recovered (with the exception of the aches in my joints etc)
But, when I spoke with my GP, she said that we are not considered "Recovered" until 2 weeks after all the symptoms have fully cleared. Supposedly in that 2 week window you can develop pneumonia or a cold etc.

I am not sure if all countries follow this rule or just Ireland, but I sure found it interesting.

Keep in mind that is just the info given by one GP, it's entirely possible she may not have all the info either, but I do personally trust her
it why weā€™re not really seeing any numbers on recovered cases as of yet.
the first case in Ireland was less than a month ago, 3 weeks? Itā€™s crazy how much has changed it such a short amount of time

Iā€™m not the type to do ā€œIā€™m strugglingā€œ posts.
But everything feels very real right now, yet not real at all.
(ok apparently I donā€™t do ā€œstrugglingā€ posts I just talk in riddles šŸ˜•)
feels like everyone ran on adrenaline but now itā€™s just, flat.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Thank you I'll catch up. I don't have a tv so I'm watching it all on YouTube finding it hard to follow the times
Download the BBC news app - they send you a notification daily when itā€™s about to go live & you can watch it from there.

Sounds like palpitations. I get them when I am extremely anxious/having a panic attack and I get breathless, I find myself yawning more to try and get more oxygen. I have a sore throat too but think it is down to dehydration.
I have a heart condition (sorry I banged on about it in a previous thread!) called parayoxmal atrial fibrillation. When I get sick (or have a heavy period) my heart starts its own rave.

They've predicted each Friday for the last two weeks I'll peak. Current estimate is next Friday. Might actually be accurate as it's most deadly 2-3 weeks after infection
We are prepared for Level 4 in my hospital over Easter Weekend.

• Sad
this is by far the worst bit. Because those tested today we have 2/3 weeks to wait to see how they go

Reactions: 4
That's exactly what I've been like. Been trying to force myself to drink water and do mindfulness exercises x

Reactions: 2
i think weā€™ll be having a set of clothes for supermarket and straight into wash after return now.
On the news before they had a GP and a Professor answering viewer questions and they said you donā€™t need to wash your clothes everytime youā€™ve been out or change them when you get back from the shops or your walk. Just wash your hands.

However, the GP did say health care workers should change out of their clothes/uniform after being at work.

Reactions: 9
If buying the handgels and the Totum35 is not working I just used ROSI it is an affiliate code from a YouTuber but she's actually really nice and not fake and salesy. Anyway thought it might help someone. Delete if not allowed.

Have the numbers in the U.K. decreased yet? Have we reached peak yet?
No they've increased.

And I doubt we are near a peak yet. They are testing more so this will cause the numbers to rise rapidly.

Our Manager has been advised by the local authority, that best case for us reopening is June so anything before will be a bonus.

I think that's definitely where we are heading,
I think so too. I think they are doing it softly so we don't get everything taken away at once.

I'm fully expecting full lockdown, other than leaving the house for essential food and medicine and essential work. The essential food and medicine will be a once a week trip for one member of the household only.

Talking about reporting, a pub on my local high street is serving behind closed doors. How do I complain about that and who too. I'm not in an area doing those forms. I definitely think this should be reported.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Talking about reporting, a pub on my local high street is serving behind closed doors. How do I complain about that and who too. I'm not in an area doing those forms. I definitely think this should be reported.
thatā€™s disgraceful!!!! The licensing board I would think as pubs have been ordered to close?

Reactions: 6
On the news before they had a GP and a Professor answering viewer questions and they said you donā€™t need to wash your clothes everytime youā€™ve been out or change them when you get back from the shops or your walk. Just wash your hands.

However, the GP did say health care workers should change out of their clothes/uniform after being at work.
I think many care workers would do that anyway. I know I do, couldnā€™t think of anything less hygienic than sitting around in a dirty uniform Iā€™ve been wearing all day carrying god knows what. First thing I do when I get home is strip and go for a shower with my clothes on a seperate hot wash, even before C-19. We arenā€™t even supposed to wear our clean uniform into work, but change into it on site.

Oh I didn't even think about them, thank you ā˜ŗ
Iā€™m not 100% they are the right people but am sure they could point in the right direction if not šŸ˜Š

What the hell is wrong with people? šŸ˜”

Sports direct can duck right off btw. Getting several emails a day from them trying to get me to buy. Unsubscribed and lost my custom, try caring about your staff and shutting down assholes.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.