Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am doing a lot better today thankfully :giggle:

Decided to get up out of bed, have a shower and put on clothes, so I adulted (yay!)
Still have that ache all over but the meds re really helping there as long as I don't move about too much.

My husband is still not 100% but he couldn't stay in bed for the last week, so I guess it probably slowed up his recovery.
That’s great news 😊but I have to ask, what’s it like having something in common with Prince Charles 😉😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just a quick question

Have any of the 'vulnerable' received their letter yet ... I'm irrationally worried my husband won't get one even though he fits the criteria. (He needs it for his work to pay him)
I've not received mine yet, slightly panicking as I know I meet the criteria.

Reactions: 2
Ahh I'd definitely get a test if I can afford it, if it was one of those antibodie ones that shows you've had it and now immune. It'd give me so much peace of mind and help my anxiety. Heck, I'd even say to my sister could you get me a corona test for my birthday?! Thanks ever so much best gift ever xo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh yes, let's all get 10% off some effing pearl earrings shall we. Honestly, it's unbelievable it really is. duck off with your pearl earrings. I think people have a little bit more on their minds at the moment😡😡😡
Screenshot_20200325-172601_Instagram.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Has anyone signed up to the nhs volenteering.
Once you sign up do you know how it works? is there a certain amount of jobs you must do? Do they automatically get assigned. Or do you just pick up the “jobs” you can do??
You have to be healthy and they do a DBS check. You can select which voluntary job you want to do from phoning the vulnerable to check in on them. Do their shopping, deliver their prescription or volunteer in a hospital minimal duties like refilling hand sanatiser. Or you can volunteer to bring patients home from hospital. You will need to inform your car insurer you’re volunteering. You need to keep your car sanitised.

You get notified of jobs by the app. You can refuse if you don’t want to do it and you can mark yourself as off duty so no jobs come through. If you go on the gov website about it you can find all the info.

Reactions: 8
That’s why I think there should be a single parents shopping hour as well as the elderly and key workers hour.
You could shop without the judgemental looks of others because you’re all in the same boat so will empathise and not judge. Also they’d hopefully be less busy so safer for the children too.
When they are only allowing us out in order to walk a dog I am SO renting my dog out. Now I am thinking I can also rent out my children to local single people so they can access a supermarket slot. I am gonna be minted after this crisis I tell ya!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bus driver has just informed me that buses will be going from Saturday service to Sunday service. This is NO good for key workers! I am working front line in learning disability services, 1:1 with symptomatic residents. We all work long antisocial hours. Now with added stress that we might not be able to get to work. It’s not easy for agency or bank to just come and cover a shift. These residents came out of the institutions in the 90s and can be very violent. Behaviours are worse when unfamiliar staff are supporting them. Let alone with a few being unwell too. Such a stressful time. :-(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
More help for self-employed people coming tomorrow!! FINALLY.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Honestly I’m getting sick of this “you can’t leave your house” thing. I’m getting attacked for going out for 5 minutes walk to the shop because I should only be going out once a week to do my shopping and without my child (?). But I went to do a big shop yesterday but was limited to only 2 of each item, max 4 pints of milk, couldn’t get any fresh meat. So now got to go again today to get some chicken etc for dinner. I don’t even want to go out anymore just to be shouted at.
So I ended up going... omg no one was sticking to the rules. People chatting to each other in the street. I saw this man go in the shop with his toddler just bought sweets, hardly essential. Someone did the same with alcohol too, bought 8 bottles of alcohol even though there’s a 3 limit but staff didn’t care

Bus driver has just informed me that buses will be going from Saturday service to Sunday service. This is NO good for key workers! I am working front line in learning disability services, 1:1 with symptomatic residents. We all work long antisocial hours. Now with added stress that we might not be able to get to work. It’s not easy for agency or bank to just come and cover a shift. These residents came out of the institutions in the 90s and can be very violent. Behaviours are worse when unfamiliar staff are supporting them. Let alone with a few being unwell too. Such a stressful time. :-(
I live on a very busy bus route, serving an area of over 100k people yet on sundays buses don’t even run

Reactions: 2
more overall stats.

“The coronavirus pandemic has infected more than 424,000 people and killed at least 18,000 across the world. More than 108,000 people have recovered so far, mostly in China.

Covid-19 has claimed more victims in New York than any other state. New York has reported 210 deaths & 25,667 cases, nearly half the 53,541 reported cases in the United States“

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Omg the Italian figures are insane 😔
Things are going to get alot worse here, before they get better.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.