Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good news that the confirmation of Harvey Weinsteins's infection means we have reached the point where someone a large number of people who want to die has the virus.

Perhaps now might be the time for us to make a list?

Have you all seen the pictures of beaches etc in Scotland today? Literally packed. The car parks look full! What is wrong with people?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Please don't be scared. What's happening with you right now? Are you with someone?
Thankcyou for reaching out to me. I’ve been alone since Thursday when I left work. My Husband left Wednesday to be nearer his parents. As I’ve had a chest infection I’ve been self isolating just in case. I don’t deal well with being alone. I’ll be ok thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have any advice with canceling driving lessons during this? Not sure how to word it to my instructor properly as I am in isolation with my high-risk mother

Reactions: 3
Thank you 💗
Just miss him loads. Not been doing so bad recently, it’s been 4 years so it’s getting a little easier finally but this has all brought it all back. He’d be 8 now and I keep thinking about how he’d be cracking jokes through all of this but also being a pain in my arse 😂
There's nothing I can say without it sounding crass, just know that I'm thinking of you- I cannot imagine your pain but sending hugs & love ❤

Reactions: 5
When do you think London will go into lockdown? I’m really worried.
I dont think we'll go into lockdown on our own. I think if it comes to a full lockdown it'll be done collectively as a whole country to stop people fleeing London to other areas.
Try not to worry, we're all in this together ❤

OK so I feel very anxious this evening. Somebody shared a video to Facebook about not being able to breathe and every since I keep feeling like I can’t breathe (it’s ALL anxiety). I wish people wouldn’t share this stuff. I feel like I’m about to have an anxiety attack...
Or I can’t clear my throat 😤

Anybody got any tips on how to calm anxiety and sleep well. I haven’t had the news on tonight because I’m too scared to listen to it.
Download the 'calm' app straight away. Get off here and get off any social media. It doesn't do you any good.
The app is brilliant. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thankcyou for reaching out to me. I’ve been alone since Thursday when I left work. My Husband left Wednesday to be nearer his parents. As I’ve had a chest infection I’ve been self isolating just in case. I don’t deal well with being alone. I’ll be ok thank you.
Gosh that's a sucky situation to be in right now. I'm glad you replied though. You aren't alone on here, and if you need to chat to anyone, I'm fairly sure people would be happy to listen to you rant or vent. Stay well and safe x

Reactions: 11
Gosh that's a sucky situation to be in right now. I'm glad you replied though. You aren't alone on here, and if you need to chat to anyone, I'm fairly sure people would be happy to listen to you rant or vent. Stay well and safe x
You’re very kind. Thank you.

Reactions: 1
OK so I feel very anxious this evening. Somebody shared a video to Facebook about not being able to breathe and every since I keep feeling like I can’t breathe (it’s ALL anxiety). I wish people wouldn’t share this stuff. I feel like I’m about to have an anxiety attack...

Anybody got any tips on how to calm anxiety and sleep well. I haven’t had the news on tonight because I’m too scared to listen to it.
Ok, so well done on avoiding the news. Frankly I think its a load of if, buts, and maybes and this is whats stressful about it. Nobody can tell us for sure, so don't bother with it. Same with figures and numbers, avoid. What you should do is focus on what is happening with you right now. Make a hot comforting drink, sit quietly and just breathe. Don't do anything else but know that you can breathe. Your lungs are working just fine, your throat is working just fine, there are no problems. Try and stay off facebook as well, unless you are in touch with family. x

Reactions: 10
Nandos have closed all their branches! Now it feels real for most people. Not a fan of Nandos.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When do you think London will go into lockdown? I’m really worried.
Try not to worry. I almost got stuck in Spain and I ended up in lockdown. It sounds scary but it’s definitely manageable and for the best. You can still go to the shops, get supplies etc. You just can’t move freely. As everything is shutting down anyway you won’t notice much difference x

Reactions: 8

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any advice with canceling driving lessons during this? Not sure how to word it to my instructor properly as I am in isolation with my high-risk mother
Just say you are in self isolation for 14 days and will be in touch when you are ok to start learning again. I’m tempted to cancel my son’s lesson this week as the chief medical officer said don’t share cars.

Reactions: 3

Distraction is the key. Stop reading this thread and stick to brummy mummys ! Seriously though if you are suffering with anxiety over this it will help to stop reading here or Facebook or the news. Do you like reading? Re-read an old book you love. Listen to some music. Distract your mind as the brain is very powerful and can make you experience the symptoms but it’s worse because you are aware of it. Distract yourself x

• Sad
Reactions: 14
So my mum is elderly but in her own home . She relies on a cleaning lady to keep on top of things as she isn’t be
I think they will be expecting everyone to cancel

Reactions: 1
im sure someone was on bbc news saying the reason they used to cancel was that to social distance yourself is impossible in a car

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.