Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there’s confusion about the differences between social distancing and self isolation.. This is how i’ve understood things but the government really need to make this clearer for the general public.

I took my two young children (3 & 1) to a playground earlier today. When we arrived there was another family so we took a walk around the block and by the time we got back to the park they were just leaving.
We spent a half hour playing on the swings and slides with no one else around. Another family turned up to play so we left the park and went home.

That is social distancing. It should be practiced by all young, healthy members of society. Avoid contact with anyone outside your household but you absolutely can and should get fresh air and exercise.

My nan is very fit and healthy for her age but she’s 84. She used to go to Yoga, Walking groups and OAP group holidays. We always joked that she’s had more of a social life than us young ones.
Since the advice of over 70’s has been announced she has stayed indoors. Pottering in her garden, painting her house and keeping herself occupied. Indoors.
She’s been for a few brisk walks in her neighbourhood, alone and when it is quiet. Our family are shopping for her but keeping a safe distance when we drop shopping round.

That is self isolation and it should be done by anyone at risk of severe disease from Coronavirus.
Regarding the playground. Did u see on itv news ppl in the park on the gym bars - they said the virus lasts on the metal for 3 days

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
My emotions are also haywire. This whole situation is making me feel all kind of ways.
Put my son to bed tonight and saw my oldest in him (he died a few years ago) and usually this makes me smile because he’s so much like his big brother but today I just bawled. It’s making me miss him loads. 😔 I think hard times just effect us in all kinds of ways..
Kate, I don’t know what to say.
I cannot comprehend how that must feel.
Hugs sweet girl, stay strong xx

• Sad
Reactions: 19
*sigh* I know I shouldn't ask, but I'm going to anyway...…. just please tell me baps means bread and not......y'know...…cos its doesn't mean bread where I live I can tell you! .
😂 😂 you've done it again ! it def means bread ,you wouldn't want to get your hands on her other baps from what I hear:sick:😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
@monga Do you want to elaborate? ( I did BoJo's hair-your turn) 😂
Pat's Baps is a local greasy spoon frequented by an you tuber we watch. I am hoping the baps are tea cakes and it's not a double entrendre...although judging by their reviews it can't be the food people go in for!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Kate, I don’t know what to say.
I cannot comprehend how that must feel.
Hugs sweet girl, stay strong xx
Thank you 💗
Just miss him loads. Not been doing so bad recently, it’s been 4 years so it’s getting a little easier finally but this has all brought it all back. He’d be 8 now and I keep thinking about how he’d be cracking jokes through all of this but also being a pain in my arse 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Right folks, I’m going to say night now and watch a bit of telly to try to wind down and clear my mind.

Daire, hope you and your husband feel lots better tomorrow, Katie, hope your son will be much improved too and the others whose names I can’t bring to mind right now (so sorry, must try harder) I hope you and your children will feel better tomorrow too.
Try and sleep well everyone.
Night night xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.