Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good Morning Britain this morning was showing a live feed of a construction site in Heathrow with people working. I imagine this is probably a case where their employer made them carry on working. Piers made a big thing of it when showing that they had now left the site and stopped working and said “if it isn’t work that contributes to public health, it isn’t essential, how obvious can it be?!”

Reactions: 4
I'm sure they had said previously transport wont be affected
yes - I feel like I need to justify my actions to everyone! If I don’t go in, lots of things don’t happen and people won’t get paid. my head will be on a platter if I don’t go in 😂

Reactions: 2
We’ve just signed contracts and due to exchange on our home ... will I be allowed to move house or not if completion is say in 2 weeks
I work in conveyancing. If you have not actually exchanged yet, then nothing is binding (signing the contract itself is not a form of exchange). At my work, we are actively encouraging people NOT to exchange, as penalties have to be paid if you can't complete once contracts are exchanged. You'd be best speaking to your solicitor and finding out what they are doing at the moment. The guidance from the Law Society has been very weak on this, making it a difficult call.

Reactions: 7
Morning! Looking out of my window this morning, nothing seems to have changed- people are still popping to the Co Op for their papers & they'll be back out later to do a shop. Most people seem to think none of this applies to them!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I live with my boyfriend, he works with chickens and came home yesterday with a 39 degree fever. He had aches and pains but also has Crohns Disease which would make him feel rundown normally and he’s taking Azathrioprine which is an immune depressant. I checked nhs website and it says if anyone in your house has any symptoms you have to isolate for 14 days, i rang my work and asked for advice (I work in a supermarket) and they said to ring 111. I rang 111 and they have said it’s safe for me to work. 90% of the people I serve are elderly and I also work with someone with severe asthma. Please give me advice on what to do, I want to go to work but if it’s going to detriment other people I would want to self isolate. Thank you for anyone who replies to this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I live with my boyfriend, he works with chickens and came home yesterday with a 39 degree fever. He had aches and pains but also has Crohns Disease which would make him feel rundown normally and he’s taking Azathrioprine which is an immune depressant. I checked nhs website and it says if anyone in your house has any symptoms you have to isolate for 14 days, i rang my work and asked for advice (I work in a supermarket) and they said to ring 111. I rang 111 and they have said it’s safe for me to work. 90% of the people I serve are elderly and I also work with someone with severe asthma. Please give me advice on what to do, I want to go to work but if it’s going to detriment other people I would want to self isolate. Thank you for anyone who replies to this.
Did you mention to 111 that you had read on the NHS website about the 14 day isolation period if anyone you lice with has symptoms? I think it is conflicting information and would maybe suggest ringing them back to clarify.

*live not lice sorry

It’s not safe for you to work. I agree any guidance I’ve seen says you now need to isolate. It’s a shame but better for the bigger picture I guess?

Ring back and ask someone else.
Sounds like whoever gave you the advice has maybe got confused or its their first day😂🙈

All government and NHS advice is to stay at home if someone within your household has symptoms.

Hope he feels better soon
❤

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.