Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I just received a text from my dad. He said he’s found his funeral plan and should I look after it for safekeeping? :cry:
I think he’s getting his paperwork in order as I didn’t even know he’d been looking for it. He’s not touched his paperwork in almost 7 years since he first moved into his bungalow. It’s obviously preying on his mind too which breaks my heart.

Anyone else feel like this is a bad nightmare that they’re desperate to wake up from?

• Sad
Reactions: 65

lexle

My partner has tested positive 😞 Thankfully we don’t live together yet and I haven’t seen him in over a week due to work (he works in A&E) I feel like I’m going to be sick! I just want to hug him 🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Today is the first day in Italy that the cases and deaths are less than they were yesterday - only ever so slightly but still a hopefully good indication.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Minky9110

On a lighter note

Tescos, good, occasionally busy later.

Sainsburys, moderate to good, sale on Corn Flakes.

Asda, slight to moderate, heavy crowds by evening.

Marks and Spencers and Co-Op, fair.

Waitrose fair to moderate, spillage in aisle 7.

Lidl, rough at first, moderate later.

And that's the end of the Shopping Forecast.

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Stirefarter

I am a long time lurker and have never felt compelled to post, not for any other reason than most of what I would say already gets said. But I wanted to say this. People on various forms of social media have opinions of people on Tattle, and most of them aren’t nice opinions. But in the last few weeks on this thread I have witnessed so many random acts of kindness; supporting people with physical and mental health issues, advice, offering to send supplies to people struggling. And to complete strangers who you are never likely to meet. I just wanted to say that my faith in humanity hasn’t gone completely 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 45

coldasice

I think there’s confusion about the differences between social distancing and self isolation.. This is how i’ve understood things but the government really need to make this clearer for the general public.

I took my two young children (3 & 1) to a playground earlier today. When we arrived there was another family so we took a walk around the block and by the time we got back to the park they were just leaving.
We spent a half hour playing on the swings and slides with no one else around. Another family turned up to play so we left the park and went home.

That is social distancing. It should be practiced by all young, healthy members of society. Avoid contact with anyone outside your household but you absolutely can and should get fresh air and exercise.

My nan is very fit and healthy for her age but she’s 84. She used to go to Yoga, Walking groups and OAP group holidays. We always joked that she’s had more of a social life than us young ones.
Since the advice of over 70’s has been announced she has stayed indoors. Pottering in her garden, painting her house and keeping herself occupied. Indoors.
She’s been for a few brisk walks in her neighbourhood, alone and when it is quiet. Our family are shopping for her but keeping a safe distance when we drop shopping round.

That is self isolation and it should be done by anyone at risk of severe disease from Coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

stewpot

Chatty Member
I’m pissed off that most of these people off on their jolly’s today were probably shit scared about losing their jobs last week or not getting paid. As soon as BJ announces the 80% salary it’s like they thought ideal we can carry on like normal now... 🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

KateESJ

VIP Member
My emotions are also haywire. This whole situation is making me feel all kind of ways.
Put my son to bed tonight and saw my oldest in him (he died a few years ago) and usually this makes me smile because he’s so much like his big brother but today I just bawled. It’s making me miss him loads. 😔 I think hard times just effect us in all kinds of ways..

• Sad
Reactions: 41

monga

VIP Member
Totally off thread ..a 7yr old girl was stabbed to death in a park in Bolton by a random stranger...30yr old woman arrested :( as if this virus isn't having a bad enough effect on people her poor family have this to deal with aswell...

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Bloody hell...
Do people think that some of us have some sort of inside knowledge of lists of non essential businesses and shops?!

WE ALL WATCHED THE SAME BLOODY ANNOUNCEMENT.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
this is slightly off topic and just my personal opinion so feel free to ignore but I really enjoyed coming here for updates,
however inaccurate some might be (still waiting for the army to take my washing in when it’s been out for to long) 😂🤣
At the end of the day collectively we all provide good updates and a sense of togetherness 🤷‍♀️ However weird that is.

but in the last two days there seem to be a lot of people snapping at each other, and maybe I’ve done similar on other threads, I know I have 🤪
but it feels so unnecessary here, nobody wants to read pages of arguments over what someone has posted or asked, or read rude replies as if a question that’s been asked is dumb 🤷‍♀️

Im finding myself staying away rather than trawl through endless posts of people snapping at each other. I go to twitter for that.

it might be just me but it’s a pity it’s going that way.
That’s it,
Happy Monday, wash your hands 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 36

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for Corona... If this needs to kill anyone off.. Its him.
Sick bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Those who are in relationships with people who don't live with them - you are not meant to be visiting them at all, unless you stay 2m away. We are ALL meant to be social distancing, regardless of relationship status. I know it sucks (I've been in a long distance relationship so I understand) but it's for the greater good.
Sounds like a perfect relationship to me .

I can't even cry. I feel emotionally numb. I'm so tired today too, all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep
today I’ve learned that cheese triangles are a food group onto their own 😊
And if you pinch the end off, you can make a little piping bag of cream cheese goodness that allows you to make little masterpieces of cheese art.
And when you drop toast on the floor it doesn’t always land cheese side down 😐 but it usually does.

You’re welcome.
Just keep going xxx

• Haha
Reactions: 35

MsWitch94

I’ve been admitted unfortunatel, understandably I’m not allowed to remove my mask, have now been tested, had xrays etc. I’m mentally and physically drained. There was an elderly gentleman who seemed very unwell suddenly and the doctors are saying he won’t make it!, his family aren’t allowed to say goodbye because of infection risk :(I have cried so much for him and his family.

• Sad
Reactions: 33

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
Just remember tattle is always open boris wont shut us down
WE ARE ESSENTIAL
And for anyone feeling low just pop on rant away let it all out we will be here for you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
This helps clarify why gathering in large groups is bad, as understanding seems to be a bit vague

Message from a consultant in ICU:
===============
Why do we need to shut places where people group?

Remember this: VIRAL LOAD

There will be a lot about this. Why is it important?

With this virus, the amount of virus in your blood at first infection directly relates to the severity of the illness you will suffer. This isn’t unusual - HIV management is all about reducing viral load to keep people alive longer. BUT it’s very important in COVID-19.

So if you are in, say, a pub or religious building or entertainment venue with 200 people and a large number don’t have symptoms but are shedding, you are breathing in lots of droplets per minute and absorbing a high load of the virus. In a crowded space. They become ill over the next 48 hours. You then three days later wonder why you can’t breathe and end up in hospital. You’d decided because you were young and healthy it wasn’t going to be a problem. Wrong.

Fortunately but unfortunately because the elderly are isolating quite well, the initial UK data suggests that all age groups above 20 are almost equally represented in ITUs in England. Most of the cases are in London but the wave is moving outwards.

This means that being under 60 and fit and well doesn’t seem to be as protective as we thought. Why? Viral load.

This may be skewed simply by the fact that too many Londoners didn’t do as asked and congregated in large groups in confined spaces and got a large initial viral load. They then went home and infected their wider families. Which is why, as London is overwhelmed, we need to shut everything down to save the rest of the UK. We are a week at most behind London.

Our sympathies go out to the families affected in London and the critical care teams battling right now to save as many as they can.

If I sit with one person and catch this virus, I get a small viral load. My immune system will start to fight it and by the time the virus starts replicating, I’m ready to kill it.

No medicines will help this process meaningfully hence there is no “cure” for this virus. All we can do is support you with a ventilator and hope your immune system can catch up fast enough.

If I sit in the same room with six people, all shedding I get six times the initial dose. The rise in viral load is faster than my immune system can cope with and it is overrun. I then become critically ill and need me (or someone of my specialty) to fix it instead of just being at home and being ok in the end.

THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT:

If you are a large family group, remember that by being ill and in the same room, you will make each other ill or “more ill”. If you get sick, isolate just yourself to one room and stay there. Don’t all sit in one room coughing. You will increase the viral load for all of you, reducing your survival rate.

A family of six people may produce double the droplets of a family of three in the same space. Maths is important.

If one of you is symptomatic, assume you are all shedding and make sure you keep some space.

Parents are getting it from their kids because no one is going to stop comforting their child (nor should they) so the parent gets a big hit as well as the child. I don’t think that can be helped.

REMEMBER: THINK ABOUT VIRAL LOAD

This information is supported by a peer-reviewed paper recently published in The Lancet. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30232-2/fulltext

Reactions: 30

Bostonx

VIP Member
Self isolating is getting to me. Sent myself a text about what I need to get from the shop tomorrow.
Got excited that I had a text message 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 30

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I feel like my fear is turning into anger. Anger about how the Chinese government knew about covid for a month+ before they publicly spoke about it. Instead, they told the whistleblower doctor to shut up and to "stop spreading rumours", punished him and some colleagues, and downplayed it. I am actually livid. How dare they. The world is now in utter devastation because of their communist bullshit. Have they even apologised for ruining the economy and people's lives?

Reactions: 29