Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for Corona... If this needs to kill anyone off.. Its him.
Sick bastard.
I kind of think he deserves to spend those last years in jail. Dead seems an easy way out. But then how cushty would his jail time be? idk what punishment is better

Reactions: 18
I kind of think he deserves to spend those last years in jail. Dead seems an easy way out. But then how cushty would his jail time be? idk what punishment is better
As I wrote it I actually thought that maybe rotting in prison is more deserving.
But if anything, coronavirus seems to be painful and distressing death... Much suited for someone like him.
Can't decide 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Why are people still saying don’t go out under any circumstances unless it’s a medical emergency.
When The bleeping prime minister said earlier on that’s only for 1.5mil high risk people. Everyone else can go for a walk, get fresh air, go to the park
But he’s saying keep your distance when doing it. You shouldn’t be out in groups etc.

Reactions: 5
Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for Corona... If this needs to kill anyone off.. Its him.
Sick bastard.
he’s another virus that needs to be contained and then removed.
suppose he’s used to getting whatever's going around the office.

Reactions: 16
Just back from work and although it was heaving first thing it was very quiet this afternoon. Shelves are gradually being stocked though theres still no toilet roll.
People must be social distancing and keeping away from mums as the amount of flowers we had left was shocking.
Supermarkets may be raking it in food sales wise but the clothing arms and non essential stuff, awful.
Our local Tesco gave free flowers to all the customers during the NHS hour this morning.
They obviously knew they’d go to waste otherwise so it was a lovely gesture.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Its such a weight on a lot of people's minds but at least you know you have everything in place should they need it.

I'm only 30 and last week made sure my Will was up to date and with the correct people. Checked my life insurance paperwork was in the right places etc.
I have 2 young children so making sure they're covered in all eventualities is always top of my list.
It still amazes me that people don't have life insurance... Especially parents.
I agree! We got our life insurance sorted last Year and I’m so relived we did. I do need to get our wills updated though, is there any good will writers online or is solicitors best bet?

Reactions: 2
Its such a weight on a lot of people's minds but at least you know you have everything in place should they need it.

I'm only 30 and last week made sure my Will was up to date and with the correct people. Checked my life insurance paperwork was in the right places etc.
I have 2 young children so making sure they're covered in all eventualities is always top of my list.
It still amazes me that people don't have life insurance... Especially parents.
My husband couldn’t get anything with his health problems, we have a company looking into some cover for him but will only cover half the mortgage and is 3 times more than I pay. We have a joint policy that will end in 3 yrs but it’s small, as we took it out when we had an endowment at that time. We haven’t a will, we do mention it just something we don’t get round to sorting. We must though with 3 kids and grandson, of nothing else to make things easier when that time comes.
my best mate just told me his mates FIL has died this eve of CV :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Why are people still saying don’t go out under any circumstances unless it’s a medical emergency.
When The bleeping prime minister said earlier on that’s only for 1.5mil high risk people. Everyone else can go for a walk, get fresh air, go to the park
Because if we all decided to do this they would be no social distancing.
Have you seen the photo’s of how many people actually flocked to the coast this weekend for some fresh air?

Reactions: 9
Sick bastard.
Came here to see if had been reported. Not bad news and a corona death doesn't seem like a nice death but he's one person who deserves it.

I agree! We got our life insurance sorted last Year and I’m so relived we did. I do need to get our wills updated though, is there any good will writers online or is solicitors best bet?
Probably solicitors if you want it done properly by a Notary Public who knows all the legal terminology.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We got ours done at the solicitor’s a few weeks ago (was already booked pre coronavirus thankfully) and the copy arrived yesterday.
Solicitor’s are more expensive than online will firms but we decided we wanted to ensure it was done by a qualified solicitor so less chance of it being invalid or contested once we die. I know in the past some online wills were not worth the paper they were written on but perhaps they are better now.
We should have done it years ago and it’s certainly a weight off my mind now.

Reactions: 7
Came here to see if had been reported. Not bad news and a corona death doesn't seem like a nice death but he's one person who deserves it.
probs watched too many shows but I wouldn’t be surprised if they faked his death next

Reactions: 9
I think there’s confusion about the differences between social distancing and self isolation.. This is how i’ve understood things but the government really need to make this clearer for the general public.

I took my two young children (3 & 1) to a playground earlier today. When we arrived there was another family so we took a walk around the block and by the time we got back to the park they were just leaving.
We spent a half hour playing on the swings and slides with no one else around. Another family turned up to play so we left the park and went home.

That is social distancing. It should be practiced by all young, healthy members of society. Avoid contact with anyone outside your household but you absolutely can and should get fresh air and exercise.

My nan is very fit and healthy for her age but she’s 84. She used to go to Yoga, Walking groups and OAP group holidays. We always joked that she’s had more of a social life than us young ones.
Since the advice of over 70’s has been announced she has stayed indoors. Pottering in her garden, painting her house and keeping herself occupied. Indoors.
She’s been for a few brisk walks in her neighbourhood, alone and when it is quiet. Our family are shopping for her but keeping a safe distance when we drop shopping round.

That is self isolation and it should be done by anyone at risk of severe disease from Coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
My husband couldn’t get anything with his health problems, we have a company looking into some cover for him but will only cover half the mortgage and is 3 times more than I pay. We have a joint policy that will end in 3 yrs but it’s small, as we took it out when we had an endowment at that time. We haven’t a will, we do mention it just something we don’t get round to sorting. We must though with 3 kids and grandson, of nothing else to make things easier when that time comes.
my best mate just told me his mates FIL has died this eve of CV :(
Ahhh I'm so sorry. That's awful.
Almost feels more real when it's someone you know.
Try not to overthink things.
Its easy to get carried away and it's a very dark hole to climb out of.
Look around you, the family you have and they're all currently healthy and aslong as you're taking the right precautions you will all remain that way.
❤

I have no idea about online writers but I'm sure there are.
I used the same solicitor as my divorce solicitor, just for ease really.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.