Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% I tripled my usual ‘order’ of tinned and long-life stuff on each of my weekly online shops for about 3 weeks and ordered a pack of 60 loo roll off Amazon etc. I also bought more frozen stuff (our freezer is usually only half full tbh) so that is now we’ll stocked as well. As a result of this we have been able to be self-sufficient and implement social distancing without going to shops unnecessarily, and will be able to do so for another week or so.

I didn’t ‘hoard’ and it’s not excessive (not in my opinion). We’re a family of five so buying 3 packs of pasta as opposed to 1 isn’t excessive in my view, but it has meant that we have avoided this supermarket madness because in my opinion lots of the secondary wave of infections will be from exactly these places.
Well done you.

Reactions: 4
let me know how it goes. I’m speaking with my manager tomorrow but I doubt she’s going to shift.

I certainly will do, I’m in the same boat. I can see a tense chat will be happening with my manager tomorrow. Good luck, I will update you in the morning x

Reactions: 1
Were going to be on full lockdown because dickheads arent taking social distancing serious 😅😅

Reactions: 13
Were going to be on full lockdown because dickheads arent taking social distancing serious 😅😅
I think the change in manner from the leaders is showing that, they’ve asked/told several times now... so they can say we only have ourselves to blame when it goes wrong’

Reactions: 2
On a Friday I did an inventory of my freezer and cupboards and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount I had. I didn’t stock pile it’s just what I had accumulated over the past few months. This is going to sound awful but I think the corona virus is going to save me money! The last place I want to go at the moment is the supermarket.

Reactions: 8
I think the government overestimated the common sense of the public, if people were sensible this measure wouldn't be necessary. Alas, there's always dickheads around to spoil things for others.

Oh that’s interesting wonder why the number doesn’t follow the trend of 20-30 a day. Worried they’re covering something up now.

I dont think that is the final number i think it will just be scotland and wales maybe

I didn't bulk buy. I started adding extra to my shopping weeks ago because we knew this was coming 🤷‍♀️ I don't agree with panic buying stacks of supplies and clearing shelves like we're seeing now. We could all see what was happening across the globe and nobody wanted to prepare.
Same here, I did a two week shop at the end of Feb before food shortages and now I keep topped up by visiting small shops, and the weekly Tesco delivery I already had booked.

Still can’t get loo roll. I’ve been looking for over a week now 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Queued outside a chemist like I was going to a meet and greet...

bleeping weird.

Tesco was empty. Fully stocked and empty. 😬
Jesus
904EB4B3-1430-4B38-8FAA-F6F7FCA7B952.jpeg

Those are the figures for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They haven't released the figures for England yet.
7 new deaths in Wales
3 new deaths in Scotland
1 in Northern Ireland

Local boots has staff at the door asking if you are buying essentials or browsing. You cannot browse or look at anything make up etc. Only to buy what you need.
I was in my local Boots yesterday and it was just the same as normal with everyone browsing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.