Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are classed as vulnerable, but we arent extremely vulnerable as we arent on the above list. I have asthma (not severe I believe) with a BMI of 40, my husband has congenital heart disease with an artificial heart valve and pacemaker, my daughter has congenital heart disease with a leaking heart valve. We are going to carry on the way we have for about 2 weeks, staying at home and only going to the shops for food. Although we are in the middle of having a new bathroom and do not have a shower, should be finished by Friday.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Thank you x

I’m very confused by this for me personally.

I have Crohn’s disease and take immunosuppressant medicine. I have no idea whether this means I am one of the 12 week self isolation people. I know that being on immunsupprssion medicine makes you a higher risk, but I see there they are only citing the 12 weeks for those who it prevents infection for and those who have had an organ transplant. My work aren’t letting me work from home and so I’m on Statutory Sick Pay. It’s just a rubbish situation and one of these letters would make me feel more validated that I’m doing the right thing by being off work.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
And the doctor saying anyone over 70 that deem themselves low risk are safe to enjoy a stroll...that's every OAP I've ever come across ,two of my relatives are in their 90's and still think they can do things like a 20 yr old "I'm fit as a fiddle" being the main term used.. 🙄
This is to help their mental health and makes sense to me. Boris said right from the start they had to be careful with the elderly because of the feeling of loneliness and it affecting their mental health.

• Heart
Could i ask advice please. Ive had a dry cough and headache ive been self isolating. I dont know if what ive had is corona. But im also on the vulnerable list (not the severity of the letter thankfully). But my question is would you return to work as normal or ask to work from home (boss is a cow and doesnt like that idea). Im just concerned because theres nothing to say if anyone has had it that they are immune. Just can imagine my boss saying youre ok uve had it u shuld just work as normal now. I do office work btw. Sorry for waffle. Tia. 😊
Im sorry I don’t know the answer to that but I definitely think you should be able to work from home. There are some bloody horrible bosses out there!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Re: the boiler. This happened me last weekend and in my case it was just water pressure. I rang the installer and naturally he didn't really want to do a housecall, but he got me to send him a screenshot of the pipes and the valve and talked me through what to do. I remember that terrifying feeling so I hope that helps xx
Thank you. Ours is a very old, oil fired boiler so a bit problematic. I hope we can get it sorted though 😬

Just wrote an email to occupational health at work. I’ve had to take double heart medication tonight. Greaaaat.

• Sad
I don’t want to compare Boris, Leo and Donald but it’s hard not to Compare.

- Boris acts like a few people have the sniffles and therefore can’t come to the party.

- Trump acts like a few people can’t come to the party and it’s all China’s fault, but don’t worry because we’re all gonna have a bigger/better party in two weeks time and everyone will well enough be invited

- Leo is pissed nobody can hug their mammy today and he’s a bit upset nobody got pissed on paddy’s day,
he’s not really been around much since, but Simon Harris is 🤷‍♀️ So I can’t be too mad, he’s doing well, I think. 🤷‍♀️

if I was *only* watching these press conferences I’d find it hard to understand the seriousness of it all, especially with Boris.

but again, I feel bad critising because none of us know what works best.

All I hear about is “underlying conditions “

What about the people that don’t know they have an underlying condition, you could think you’re healthy but actually have something going on that you’re not aware of, until you find yourself in ICU

why are they not pushing points like this even if they’re a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: 11
Thank you x

I have Crohn’s disease and take immunosuppressant medicine. I have no idea whether this means I am one of the 12 week self isolation people. I know that being on immunsupprssion medicine makes you a higher risk, but I see there they are only citing the 12 weeks for those who it prevents infection for and those who have had an organ transplant. My work aren’t letting me work from home and so I’m on Statutory Sick Pay. It’s just a rubbish situation and one of these letters would make me feel more validated that I’m doing the right thing by being off work.
From Gov.UK

If you think you fall into one of the categories of extremely vulnerable people listed above and you have not received a letter by Sunday 29 March 2020 or been contacted by your GP, you should discuss your concerns with your GP or hospital clinician.

Thank you x

My husband is in the same situation(crohn's,immunosuppression medication)although he is able to work at home.
I'm worried sick.
I hope you manage to get to stay home

• Sad
This is to help their mental health and makes sense to me. Boris said right from the start they had to be careful with the elderly because of the feeling of loneliness and it affecting their mental health.
I know that but most will deem themselves fit and that's exactly what they don't want..

Reactions: 1
The press conference between Bojo and Nicolas Sturgeon couldn't have been more different.

She is gutsy and ballsy where as Bojo is so laided back, he would fall over backwards.

Leave's me so uncertain over what's gonna happen, I've tried not to watch too much of the news as its playing havoc on my aniexty.

My thoughts go out to all the vulnerable people that can't go out and of course to the NHS that are doing an amazing job as always ❤

Reactions: 8
On the most vulnerable list..
This is the most vulnerable list and that is not listed?

People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:

1. Solid organ transplant recipients
  2. People with specific cancers:
    • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
    • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
    • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
    • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
    • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
  3. People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
  4. People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
  5. People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
  6. Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.

Thank you x

A local GP has published a list of the most vulnerable and Crohn's is on it..

This is the most vulnerable list and that is not listed?

People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:

1. Solid organ transplant recipients
  2. People with specific cancers:
    • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
    • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
    • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
    • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
    • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
  3. People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
  4. People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
  5. People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
  6. Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
A local GP has published a more indepth list and their on it..

A local GP has published a list of the most vulnerable and Crohn's is on it..

A local GP has published a more indepth list and their on it..
Could you share it with us if it's more in-depth

They should really think about closing self service or at least heavily monitor them with security or police! What I witnessed at ASDA in Purley was disgusting behaviour by selfish, greedy members of public. This lady had two trolleys, but she had her teenage son use the opposite till to get double the amount of food. Anyhow. I was behind her and the leg of lamb she had was missing a barcode. So what did this stupid witch do? She Just stuck it in her bag and smiled at me as if it were the most normal thing to do. Then the man opposite me and behind her son stuck a huge sack of Tilda rice in his trolley and her son helped him!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.