Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We usually have my stepson on a weekend, but his mother is the type who will let him out to play while they arent at school cos she prefers the peace and quiet. Do we put our foot down and say we would rather not have him or do we accept the fact my husband still needs to see his son and I disinfect the tit out of his room when hes gone. Obvs there would be no kisses and cuddles at the mo!
I relate to this. My stepson went out to his friends today. Normally he’d be in our care for the full weekend but as it’s Mother’s Day, he was back with his mum and she allowed him to go. We tried to tell him it’s not a good idea (as kindly but firmly as we could to a 13 year old). It just doesn’t sit right with us. I know it’s difficult for his age group, but it’s for their own good. No doubt we’re known as the horrible strict parents 🙄

Reactions: 2
He should have said social distancing means only going out when you have to ig supermarket or chemist IT DOES NOT mean going on jolly day out at the seaside. If people continue to ignore this advice then I will put everyone on lockdown and anyone who goes out will get fined.

Reactions: 10
just got a text from my friend to say she's been tested. hopefully it comes back negative. No idea if she's in hospital or at home, though. I feel like she must be in hospital if she's been tested. I've asked if she is.
She's obviously just gutted she can't see her son :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Where I am seems to really be taking action regardless of what is (or in this case is not) being enforced.
Bars and restaurants closed almost 2 weeks ago, cafes followed this week, hairdressers and beauticians too.
Clothes shops like new look, Dp, river island etc already closed up.
Chemists are only letting certain numbers in and have staff on the door enforcing this, plus markers in all shops to enforce social distancing. Staff in gloves, hand sanitizer and cleaning products for trolleys are supplied in most shops.
Offices such as solicitors, accountants etc all seem to be operating appt only system and have doors closed to public
Went for a long long walk today in a very wide open space, anyone we met moved to one side of a wide path and we stayed to other side, waves and smiles and nothing else.
Town was absolutely empty despite a couple of shops being open.
Even thou it felt scary it felt so reassuring to see people adhering to common sense and not waiting on anyone to tell them

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can anyone link the list of illnesses being told to self isolate please
People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:

1. Solid organ transplant recipients
  2. People with specific cancers:
    • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
    • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
    • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
    • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
    • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
  3. People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
  4. People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
  5. People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
  6. Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.

He said that they will be having discussions over the next 24hrs & we can all see what steps other countries have taken.
We all already know the steps the other countries have taken ..he couldn't be anymore laid back about the situation if he tried 🙄

Reactions: 8
severe COPD is on the list of must stay home for 12 weeks, surely the employer cannot go against that.
I don't think anyone with severe COPD would still be working. There are various forms of COPD it's an umbrella term. Not all of them requiring oxygen like the severe one does.

Reactions: 3
He will actively decide on other measures & we don’t need to use our imaginations to know what that is..
Well he had better be doing it soon because I swear if another person coughs on me, I'm gonna end up in (video for social distancing) court on an assault charge.
I saw this from Instagram only. I didn’t visit any. I guess they fall under takeaway.
But I'm just thinking of open air, people handling stuff, etc. Much the same in shops I suppose, but with fresh produce.

Reactions: 1
Here in Canada and some provinces are starting to fine people for not social distancing, up to $1,000 per day.

Reactions: 1
Where I am seems to really be taking action regardless of what is (or in this case is not) being enforced.
Bars and restaurants closed almost 2 weeks ago, cafes followed this week, hairdressers and beauticians too.
Clothes shops like new look, Dp, river island etc already closed up.
Chemists are only letting certain numbers in and have staff on the door enforcing this, plus markers in all shops to enforce social distancing. Staff in gloves, hand sanitizer and cleaning products for trolleys are supplied in most shops.
Offices such as solicitors, accountants etc all seem to be operating appt only system and have doors closed to public
Went for a long long walk today in a very wide open space, anyone we met moved to one side of a wide path and we stayed to other side, waves and smiles and nothing else.
Town was absolutely empty despite a couple of shops being open.
Even thou it felt scary it felt so reassuring to see people adhering to common sense and not waiting on anyone to tell them
It's like a ghost town here aswell..barely a car on the road..(unless they've all headed to Cornwall):oops:

Does anyone else think that the journalists are asking tougher questions now? They are almost demanding when he's going to bring in lockdown as there is evidence up and down the country that people are not adhering to his advice.
Does anyone else find it odd that Boris stands there preaching about keeping a 2 metre distance from each other but all the Journalists are sat next to each other in front of him?!

Reactions: 12
It's like a ghost town here aswell..barely a car on the road..(unless they've all headed to Cornwall):oops:
Or the Highlands. Its been a cracking day here and I've only spent about 15 mins in it. Its alright Boris saying people need to get exercise, but we need controlled measures.....an army sergeant doing drills or something! Its the only way people are going to behave responsibly.

Why are smaller gatherings more dangerous than larger ones? Sorry if a stupid question
Smaller FAMILY gatherings. Because you tend to gather in your houses and are touching surfaces and because you are family you are more close knit and tend to hug and sit close to one another.

Does anyone else find it odd that Boris stands there preaching about keeping a 2 metre distance from each other but all the Journalists are sat next to each other in front of him?!
And the doctor saying anyone over 70 that deem themselves low risk are safe to enjoy a stroll...that's every OAP I've ever come across ,two of my relatives are in their 90's and still think they can do things like a 20 yr old "I'm fit as a fiddle" being the main term used.. 🙄

Reactions: 4
People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:

1. Solid organ transplant recipients
  2. People with specific cancers:
    • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
    • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
    • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
    • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
    • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
  3. People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
  4. People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
  5. People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
  6. Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
This is where you can find the Extremely vulnerable list

How useless. There are people outside of those risk groups that have other illnesses and it has affected them greatly. People in full health in ICU, look at those nurses!

Great, another week I’m terrified my child has to go to work in an office and risk bringing it home to me with health issues and a dad with moderate asthma. He can’t even get a cold without getting it on his chest. I’m worried sick 🤒

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.