Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What on earth is Johnson thinking? He's basically told the selfish & the stupid to go out and enjoy themselves, I can't believe the difference between his press conference & Nicola Sturgeon's. He's treating this as a bit of an inconvenience, he is not demonstrating to the British public how grave this situation is...what is wrong with him??

Reactions: 9
We usually have my stepson on a weekend, but his mother is the type who will let him out to play while they arent at school cos she prefers the peace and quiet. Do we put our foot down and say we would rather not have him or do we accept the fact my husband still needs to see his son and I disinfect the tit out of his room when hes gone. Obvs there would be no kisses and cuddles at the mo!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think that the journalists are asking tougher questions now? They are almost demanding when he's going to bring in lockdown as there is evidence up and down the country that people are not adhering to his advice.
Yes! Sam Coates (Sky) question was excellent

Reactions: 6
Was on a drive through the city earlier and couldn't believe my eyes - there was a Navy ship docked at the harbour (not that unusual) but also an army truck & army jeep with about 25-30 soldiers milling around and setting up some sort of long tent / marquee...?!

Is this what the testing centres look like in Ireland or can anyone shed any light?!
Where was that, in the UK? Wonder if they're setting up a field hospital.

Reactions: 1
What on earth is Johnson thinking? He's basically told the selfish & the stupid to go out and enjoy themselves, I can't believe the difference between his press conference & Nicola Sturgeon's. He's treating this as a bit of an inconvenience, he is not demonstrating to the British public how grave this situation is...what is wrong with him??
He's just too jolly and going for the popularity vote. Thanking everyone for behaving responsibly - when many are clearly not. Keeps repeating the same things. Advise strongly, wash your hands, flatten the curve, blah blah ....

Reactions: 5
He's just too jolly and going for the popularity vote. Thanking everyone for behaving responsibly - when many are clearly not. Keeps repeating the same things. Advise strongly, wash your hands, flatten the curve, blah blah ....
The word unprecedented before everything too.

I am already at high risk of pnd as had it twice before and relied heavily on my mum. I literally don’t know how I will survive this with my other two at home and my husband working away (they’ve made it clear he’s expected in his work place once paternity leave is done)

• Sad
We usually have my stepson on a weekend, but his mother is the type who will let him out to play while they arent at school cos she prefers the peace and quiet. Do we put our foot down and say we would rather not have him or do we accept the fact my husband still needs to see his son and I disinfect the tit out of his room when hes gone. Obvs there would be no kisses and cuddles at the mo!
that’s a tough one. Step parenting is so hard at the best of times. I guess your house your rules, he needs to be doing school work tomorrow (?) then going in the garden if need be and having some down time. What does your husband think?

Reactions: 3
W.H.O. - Dr Michael Ryan is saying Lockdown isn't enough - and Borris saying its not the right time?????

@Oohthedrama I agree with earlier posts - I think he is still doing his heard immunization
I would be very happy to be wrong 😐
but have they changed their stance or have they just changed what they’re telling the public their stance is.
whilst allowing the virus to infect a lot of people.

it seems to be the same script as before, old people keep inside but everyone else, try and be good. 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi, I live in Madrid. We are in forced lockdown. Police and the army roam the streets and we are only allowed out for absolute essentials. I only speak to anyone at 8 pm everyday as we see neighbors from our windows. Hospitals are out of capacity. I don't want to scare you, every country is facing this differently. I do feel that if you can stay at home, please do.

Reactions: 18
He will actively decide on other measures & we don’t need to use our imaginations to know what that is..

I would be very happy to be wrong 😐
but have they changed their stance or have they just changed what they’re telling the public their stance is.
whilst allowing the virus to infect a lot of people.

it seems to be the same script as before, old people keep inside k everyone else, try and be good. 😐
I have no idea, but the peak is going to be a nightmare never seen before

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I am already at high risk of pnd as had it twice before and relied heavily on my mum. I literally don’t know how I will survive this with my other two at home and my husband working away (they’ve made it clear he’s expected in his work place once paternity leave is done)
I’m pregnant and my partner is working away he has no choice because he works with vulnerable people so I’m worried as well

• Sad
Would they bring in the army to do this?
I would think bringing in the armed forces would have a greater impact - the shock factor that non-compliant idiots need, hopefully being confronted with an armed soldier or a tank would shock their little brain cells enough to get the message through.

Reactions: 14
I would think bringing in the armed forces would have a greater impact - the shock factor that non-compliant idiots need, hopefully being confronted with an armed soldier or a tank would shock their little brain cells enough to get the message through.
Agreed, this is what I think they will do which is why he was surprised when police were mentioned

Reactions: 3
Can you talk to your midwife/health visitor to arrange some therapies via Skype/phone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.