Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone, iv got a question to ask, does anyone feel scared to clear there throat or cough when you have a tittle tickle when out in public ?? šŸ˜¬
Oh my .. my little girl was drinking her juice while I was in the que at the bank , some went down the wrong way and she started coughing/ choking the looks I got oh my I should be dead so many death stares !!!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just seen a segment on sky news about all the companies that are now going to be making ventilators. I think all the engineers and companies involved are absolutely amazing but it must be strange for them if they normally design and make cars to be suddenly making life saving equipment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
not TMI at all. My husband bought me loads of
Tampons on Tuesday!

ventilators... I worked on a 9 bedded ICU/HDU unit last year. We had 2 Ventilators, and 4 non invasive ventilators. you canā€™t use the latter with COVID-19. So thatā€™s 2 vents for 9 potential beds. When I worked swine flu, we had to pinch the vents from A&E and theatres.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh my .. my little girl was drinking her juice while I was in the que at the bank , some went down the wrong way and she started coughing/ choking the looks I got oh my I should be dead so many death stares !!!
Yeah, happened to me me today and the more I tried to stop it the more I needed to cough šŸ˜· the looks I got šŸ˜•

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
I managed to grab the last Pack yesterday and my monthly arrived today. I prefer tampons but only have Super + so needs must.

there seems to be an awful lot riding on ā€œwe think we canā€ ā€œwe think we haveā€ ā€œweā€™re hoping toā€ right now
I mean that's all well and good, I'm a firm believer that positivity can be a huge help. But sometimes it feels more delusional than anything.

I'm picturing dodgy ventilators looking like a Reliant Robin filling hospitals soon. Next we'll have sir lord twit sugar and piping up about amstrad making vents šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I may be VERY wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that the people getting infected in Germany are a lot younger (20-30? maybe). I could be remembering wrong though.

UK (as well as Italy) has an ageing population so in a way it makes sense that our death rate would be higher.
That makes complete sense. Thanks

Reactions: 1
Our country is an embarrassment! Albeit, not everybody, but why canā€™t people just do we they are bloody well told?

A photo has done the rounds by me of a queue to get into a club last night. I hope they have their license revoked.

And what a bloody embarrassment that itā€™s risky for us to lock down because people will loot. Other countries can do it but we canā€™t. All we have to do is change the way we live for a few weeks, a few months perhaps, and we can try get some normality back. SO annoying.
The UK has become a laughing stock and the country is full of of selfish snowflakes.

Reactions: 10
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charcoal-R...=1584826296&sprefix=reusavke+sanitary+&sr=8-3 in all seriousness though considering buying some of these, all the sanitary products were out of stock when I done my online shop due to arrive the 29th so hopefully they get stock by then
I ordered these and they came today. They look such good quality. I've washed and dried mine ready to use! Been meaning to get some for a while (or a mooncup) so this has pushed me to do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yep these will be the next thing to slowly vanish.

Had a quick look for you. Stock still available here:

These ones are biodegradable and let you sign up for a trial but have no mention of a price anywhere:

Just found the last one free delivery over Ā£15 +

"Our pads are completely plastic free. Not only biodegradable but compostable too. This means your period wonā€™t leave a negative mark on our planet. "

I have two sisters to buy for and I've switched to reusable ones but that wouldn't work for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This is my worry after the baby is born! I bought enough for a couple of weeks thinking oh by then Iā€™ll be able to get out and about and itā€™s only just occurred to me now Iā€™m going to need more šŸ˜­

I mean that's all well and good, I'm a firm believer that positivity can be a huge help. But sometimes it feels more delusional than anything.

I'm picturing dodgy ventilators looking like a Reliant Robin filling hospitals soon. Next we'll have sir lord twit sugar and piping up about amstrad making vents šŸ˜¬
breathing apparatus of the future...

FCA323F6-1EAB-49C2-B161-7C320C06732A.jpeg

Trump will have a vaccine by Tuesday week so we shouldnā€™t worry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charcoal-R...=1584826296&sprefix=reusavke+sanitary+&sr=8-3 in all seriousness though considering buying some of these, all the sanitary products were out of stock when I done my online shop due to arrive the 29th so hopefully they get stock by then
I use these at the start of my period. Helped a lot this month.

This is my worry after the baby is born! I bought enough for a couple of weeks thinking oh by then Iā€™ll be able to get out and about and itā€™s only just occurred to me now Iā€™m going to need more šŸ˜­
if Youā€™re still struggling, I can send you some!

On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says itā€™s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldnā€™t make it up could you.
Same Iā€™m in Weymouth lots of non-locals here

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Does anybody know why Germany for example have a lot more cases than the UK but considerably less deaths? - source BBC News
Probably because they have a far better health system. Many more doctors and ICU beds. I guess the proximity to Italy will have helped the infections but at least they can treat it.

Reactions: 2
That makes complete sense. Thanks
I think this is something that figures donā€™t tell us or give us the full picture on. And as weā€™ve been s**t at testing we canā€™t possibly know how many people actually have it or have been asymptotic. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not serious because itā€™s very serious and Iā€™m taking the social distancing and self isolation part seriously but I would take all the figures with a pinch of salt because I donā€™t think itā€™s anywhere close to the real picture.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.