Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a bit melodramatic to imply that agreeing with rules to reduce infection during a pandemic is similar to shocking someone to death when told to.
At the start , it was complying with rules to reduce infection. Now people are treating the unvaccinated differently to the vaccinated.

Milgram's experiment was to prove that a group of people would follow instructions of someone they perceive to be in authority, even if, gradually ,it led to the harm of others .

Reactions: 17
I've noticed mask wearing has gradually started dropping again (England)
I forgot to put one on yesterday in the shop,.half way round and i felt it was to late so carryed on 🤣 not many were bothering tbh

Reactions: 5
At the start , it was complying with rules to reduce infection. Now people are treating the unvaccinated differently to the vaccinated.

Milgram's experiment was to prove that a group of people would follow instructions of someone they perceive to be in authority, even if, gradually ,it led to the harm of others .
Maybe people ‘follow instructions’ because they have personally seen the suffering that Covid has caused to those close to them. Or maybe their parents or husband / wife died from it? Did you ever think of that?

You talk about Covid as if it’s not a real virus as per the previously mentioned experiment where people were happy to shock others with no evidence that what they were doing had a purpose. Not that causing physical pain to others is ever ok under any circumstances!

Reactions: 3
Still pushing the boosters for the teens while hopeful restrictions will be lifted shortly .

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If the control line is showing the test is valid .is it not ?
Yes, you’re right. Disregard my last comment. A line is a line apparently. I’d book a PCR test if you can.

I'm glad Djokovic lost his appeal. He thought he was above the rules. It would have been very unfair on all of the Australian people given the rules they've all had to follow.

From watching various interviews with the general public over the last few days, most seem to be in support of him being deported. The only time they get people who think he should stay are when they're outside his hotel with his OTT supporters.
If he wasn’t a rich, famous tennis star the situation would never have even got to the point it has. According to his mother, the man has been ‘tortured’. They are flat out crazy.

Reactions: 5
I don’t agree that people don’t help others in need or who even collapse because they are scared of Covid. They don’t help others because most people in the UK right now are are selfish to the core. That’s what happens after so many years of a government who doesn’t believe in or encourage collective responsibility.

Just look at the selfish stockpiling people were doing at the beginning of the pandemic.
Yes they did. It was shown on the TV on one of the paramedic documentaries where they follow the crew. A man phoned 999 because his neighbour had collapsed and the operator was asking to start cpr while the ambulance was on its way. He point blankly refused saying he was scared of covid.

During first lockdown I saw a man fall off a bench. I watched 3 people who were also on the same field as me watch him, go to move to help and then stop.
I went over and 1 other man followed me. He dialled 999 while I sat on the floor with the man and he wouldn't come any closer to observe so he could answer the call handlers questions, so had to relay everything to me so I could answer them.
When the man came to and sat up, the man who dialled the ambulance literally jumped back another 6ft.
I was so embarrassed and ashamed on the ill man's behalf.

In my job we were out all the time, and old people were being left alone with no food or help because some neighbours refused to help because - rules and fear

Stockpiling was because people are selfish yes, but that was also due to the fear the media was putting out

I'm the first one to want to blame the government, but all this wasn't their fault. How you behave, your morals and ethics are yours personally.
they ramped the fear, but you can ignore that and rules and help a fellow human, and shame on you if you don't in a crisis situation

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes, you’re right. Disregard my last comment. A line is a line apparently. I’d book a PCR test if you can.

If he wasn’t a rich, famous tennis star the situation would never have even got to the point it has. According to his mother, the man has been ‘tortured’. They are flat out crazy.
It will just be (like many others ) one of life's opportunities lost . if the Aussies decide in a few months to follow the UK example and drop the restrictions he'll kick himself wondering if that's another trophy that could've been added to his already full cabinet. But I'd doubt he'd feel he made the wrong decision for his health.

I’ve done another and it’s come up exactly the same. My boyfriend has done one from the same box and his has absolutely no line whatsoever. So annoyed 😫😫😫

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve done another and it’s come up exactly the same. My boyfriend has done one from the same box and his has absolutely no line whatsoever. So annoyed 😫😫😫
Have you checked it within the developing window ? if it's past that disregard the result ..

Have you checked it within the developing window ? if it's past that disregard the result ..
Yes I’ve timed it both times and it was after 15 mins and before the 30 mins was up as it says in the leaflet

Yes I’ve timed it both times and it was after 15 mins and before the 30 mins was up as it says in the leaflet
Order a PCR to be sure, if it is pos hopefully it will only be mild symptoms ,just rest up and let the man attend to you ☺x

Yes they did. It was shown on the TV on one of the paramedic documentaries where they follow the crew. A man phoned 999 because his neighbour had collapsed and the operator was asking to start cpr while the ambulance was on its way. He point blankly refused saying he was scared of covid.

During first lockdown I saw a man fall off a bench. I watched 3 people who were also on the same field as me watch him, go to move to help and then stop.
I went over and 1 other man followed me. He dialled 999 while I sat on the floor with the man and he wouldn't come any closer to observe so he could answer the call handlers questions, so had to relay everything to me so I could answer them.
When the man came to and sat up, the man who dialled the ambulance literally jumped back another 6ft.
I was so embarrassed and ashamed on the ill man's behalf.

In my job we were out all the time, and old people were being left alone with no food or help because some neighbours refused to help because - rules and fear

Stockpiling was because people are selfish yes, but that was also due to the fear the media was putting out

I'm the first one to want to blame the government, but all this wasn't their fault. How you behave, your morals and ethics are yours personally.
they ramped the fear, but you can ignore that and rules and help a fellow human, and shame on you if you don't in a crisis situation
I agree with you mostly. I think that there is also a tendency not to help people who are considered to be heroin addicts etc. which isn’t nice either - addicts are people.

Reactions: 3
The ongoing nature of the pandemic really isn’t good for us. “Our brains operate in a very different way when they experience prolonged threats: you’re constantly on edge and alert, and that shrinks our ability to empathise with others,” says Kohrt. “We become much more focused on a very tight-knit group, and everybody else seems a threat. What’s most challenging about the pandemic is that even family members became threats – especially pre-vaccines. If kids are going to be a threat to their grandparents’ health or vice versa, suddenly we’re on alert even with people who should be helping us.” This disrupts our ability to be empathic in general. “We become more prejudiced, we become more stigmatising, we become more discriminating.” And if we’re discriminating against our loved ones, imagine how much worse our broader societal discrimination and stigmatisation is.”

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.